If someone pulls the "Locker DS tech" on you, do you tunnel them after?

Options

I'm putting this one to all you lovely killer players out there cause I'm trying to figure out if I'm just being petty or if others have this feeling too.

So scenario time, playing a game as everyone's favorite fedora master, on his own map no less, game is going ok, couple downs so far, nothing major. I'm chasing an Ace who just unhooked a Yui. Now I assume Yui has DS (cause I assume everyone does unless given information to the contrary like no obsession icon) and assume she's going to run off and heal while I chase the Ace. I have no desire to chase the Yui at this point, I am not actively chasing the Yui at this point, frankly she's not my priority since I assume she's going to run off and try to heal and isn't an objective threat at the moment.

Instead she starts locker spamming. Now I know she has DS, and frankly I'm getting a little irritated that there's this explosion noise in my ears every two seconds. So I give her what she wants and open the locker and of course she hits me with DS.

And then a thought occurs. What stops me from just tunneling you straight out of the game? So we play a little longer when I down her a second time. Putting her up on the hook, there's two generators left, the game is pretty tight at this point, so I already know what I'm doing. The minute her teammates unhook her and start to heal (was able to bait it since I had nurse's calling), I make a beeline for her, down her, and put her right back up. They tried to bodyblock for her but to no avail.

Under normal circumstances I would NEVER do this, from a tactical standpoint it's dumb since they likely have DS and from a "spirit of the game" standpoint I really prefer not to tunnel. But since this idiot decided to force me to eat a DS by spamming a locker in my face I decided nah bruh, you can go ahead and head on out this game.

Game proceeds with three survivors, good players, strong loopers, unfortunately they 3-gen themselves so it's only a matter of time, finish off the last guy, close the hatch, merciless and gg.

DS is supposed to be an anti-tunnel perk, forcing me to eat it by spamming a locker takes away your anti-tunnel protection, in my opinion it's a pretty stupid play to burn it for no reason, particularly so early in a game when you may actually need it later, like at endgame for example.

I don't know, maybe I just went into cranky old man mode, I do that sometimes.

Comments

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

I just pull them out the locker. A lot of the time they don't even have DS. It's just become a common play so they get away with it. I don't try to avoid DS at all. I just eat it and move on. It doesn't really take up more then 5 seconds or so of your time. Not sure why killers walk around for a minute wasting time to avoid a stun that only usually adds a few more seconds onto a chase.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

Fair point, I think I have a mental thing where if I don't get hit by DS for the whole game I can't really be accused of tunneling, since my comeback is usually "well did you get a chance to use your DS?".

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Nah. Since I've been playing a lot of Trapper recently, I just set a trap at the locker and giggle.

But really, it depends how far along the match is. One or two gens pop, I'll pull them out and eat the DS. If they have a key, I'll give chase and put them in the ground if possible.

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

What you did was justified. The survivor tried to bm you to grab your attention.

She was entitled to think that once she had your attention that she wouldn't keep it from being an #########.

I don't tunnel ppl for forcing a locker grab unless they do explicitly what you describe and for the reason I've stated.

Keep at it man. Don't let ppl bm you without punishment. If they want to make the game unfun you can too.

;)

• chaosdriver
    chaosdriver Member Posts: 74
    Options

I usually just eat the ds and go after them again if theres no other options in sight. Now If they get pulled off the hook in front of me I'll slug them and go after the unhook for added map pressure. If they have bt I'll leave em alone. At least they have to waste time mending

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    edited April 2020
    Options

Whenever this happen i just trap the locker forcing someone else to come disarmed the trap. Personally this can combo with headon to add extra stun time if you decide not to get the survivor out of the locker for the 60 sec timer.

• Kwikwitted
    Options

That is brilliant, I love that idea. Reminds me of putting a trap under a survivor's feet if they let you body block them and the look on their face when they realize they've done messed up.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    Options

To me, DS is an anti-tunnel perk. If I actually tunnel you because I'm down in the game or I can't find anyone else, and you hit me with DS, totally fair game, I'll take my stun and go look for other targets. But if I hook someone else and then get 59 second DSed by you, or you notification spam and force me to pull you out of a locker, then you've lost the use of your anti-tunneling perk when I didn't tunnel. As a result, I have zero qualms about making you regret that after your next hook if it's advantageous to me.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options

I’ll eat the DS. I won’t throw the game to tunnel him after that, but if I get a good chance to tunnel them, I sure will.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

A perk, no matter how strong, cannot overcome stupid.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

If I didn't tunnel them, which is my normal course of action, then if they think they're cute by baiting the DS then sure, I will tunnel them.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

Given the situation it doesn't have to be a tunnel. I'm assuming you would go back to the hook because you haven't found a chase yet. That's usually the only time to go back to the hook. If you're in a chase you shouldn't break it to go back. So you got a little ways away. The survivors pulled the guy off the hook. When you get back to that situation. If you don't see anyone but the injured person. You're not tunneling if you chase them. Stop listening to what these survivors tell you.

If you pull someone off the hook when the killer is nearby. It is now your job to take that chase. If you crouch behind a tree and your teammate gets chased again. That's your fault and not the killers. So chase them, eat the DS, move on. Sometimes I grab a survivor and get ds'ed and I'm like wth? Because I don't always pay attention to who was hooked and who wasn't. And if they heal under the hook or whatever. They both look like new chases. I'm not memorizing everyone's character and outfit.

Either way don't listen to their bullshit. When I win a game of DBD... I hook all four survivors three times. I never camp, never force people into one hook situations. Still my profile is full of comments about me being a camper and a tunneler. I don't let it bother me. I play both sides. I know what camping and tunneling is. So I'm not going to sit here and lose sleep over it. ######### everyone. You do you.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

It depends if I'm chasing you after you got up hook whether it be because of tunneling or the fact that you were the only person I saw I don't mind.

However if you're being super annoying and trying to get my attention or if I'm in a chase with someone and you jump in a locker in front of me just so you can get the decisive strike off you're going to regret losing that decisive strike.

Not gonna lie I have had some absolute potatoes use this method.

If I'm a Trapper and I have a trap I'm just going to trap the locker and leave you to your own business.

If I'm playing Legion or Deathslinger I'm just going to wait out your deep wound timer if you have it.

If I'm playing piggy I usually just Crouch if you have an active reverse bear trap if you want to stay in that locker until your head pops that's your own business.

I had a situation with someone try to do this because they will close to an open exit gate and Hatch.

If I went to close Hatch they would go for the exit and if I tried to pick them up I will get DS and they could leave. Started watching the YouTube video I posted and timed a minute into it then yanked them out the locker

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

its already a tech?

I tunnel someone after getting DS'ed if I didn't tunnel that person but I still get hit by it, so if I hook someone and then after someone else being hooked, I get DS'ed I will 100% tunnel that person

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I'll eat the DS. I would rather get rid of it than have to worry about it during the end game.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    Options

Eat it and walk away for me unless they were working on a gen and tried to do it then I'll tunnel.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I just pull them out and waste their DS because they won't have it for endgame. Usually I already have the High Ground over the Survivors so it doesn't affect me anyways or I waste it and down someone else afterwards.

And then if the same person who used DS dares to enter my field of view I know they can't do anything anymore and they're dead.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

No, if someone DS's me I leave them alone because I run Save the Best for Last, and hitting the obsession goes against my goals. I'll gladly eat the DS if they aren't already my obsession and I haven't hooked the obsession yet.

• Kwikwitted
    Options

Exactly, it's kind of like I got the penalty for tunneling at this point cause I got hit with DS, I might as well get the reward for tunneling at that point too, which is one less survivor to deal with.

Very fair point, if you're running an obsession based perk then obviously that alters the thinking.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Yeah, I always found the "look at me" survivors going on to complain that I tunneled them as funny. Opening and closing lockers, jumping up and down over the windows, teabagging when I was chasing someone else; etc etc

You wanted my attention brah, you can't now complain when I give you the attention

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Usually I trick them into leaving the locker and I slug them.

But since this idiot decided to force me to eat a DS by spamming a locker in my face I decided nah bruh, you can go ahead and head on out this game.

That's what I do when someone DS me even if I'm not tunneling. Maybe next time they'll save it for when they are really tunneled.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited April 2020
    Options

I never try to tunnel anyways and if they do, it depends on how the game is going for me. If it's not going well, It's later dude, ya got your free pass I would've just slugged anyways lmao. If its a pretty balanced/average game I'll spend a little bit of time trying to trick em out. If the game is going wonderfully in my favor, I'll stand there and wait it out or wait for them to hop out and slug. Love doing that lol

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I'm always up for the challenge if somebody wants to taunt or bully me. Just makes it all the more satisfying when I catch them.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

Tunnel them to make sure they are out of the game