Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Abusing Loud Noise Interactions Reportable?

So I've had a LOT of games (and of course every time it happens it is a red rank survivor doing this) where the survivors are repeatedly triggering noise notifications in a malicious way. IE spamming starting and stopping working on a Hex Thrill of the Hunt totem, or jumping back and forth on a pallet to cause it to trigger the noise. I'm not talking about one or two times, I mean triggering the noise multiple times per second. I assume it isn't, but is this reportable(griefing or trolling)? I'm sure it is a tilting strategy (and it works) but it is physically painful for the killer as the intent is essentially to blow out your ear drums with noise. In a game where having your audio up matters to hear very acute sounds like footsteps, lockers opening or closing, or breathing survivors, I feel like there should be a way to at least curb this by being able to change the audio from these notifications if anything.

Best Answer

Answers

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

@egocentred

First of all, after the Survivor vaults a Pallet multiple times in a row, the Loud Noise Notifications should come to a cool-down. Also, you don't hear them if you're outside of a specific radius of where the notification originated from. You can also go chase them and force them to stop, even though this mightn't be optimal and is very annoying.

No, it's not reportable since it isn't considered a bannable offense like working with the Killer or abusing exploits.

• egocentred
    egocentred Member Posts: 25

Is this a suggestion for devs or already implemented? There is no noise cool down, it triggers for every time they cause an action that is considered loud. IF it is the case that there should be a cooldown then this is a bug but I doubt they would have that implemented just because in theory, after 3 vaults for example now the survivor is in theory silent vaulting. Also I am hearing these actions across the map, I'm not talking about the sound of them hitting wood if they jump a window. The ones that trigger with the large visual cue, the generics that are all the same for a gen being blown, rushing into a locker, or from the distraction perk. In theory, yes, I could go to one survivor and attempt to stop them, but I can only chase ONE survivor at a time. When I would leave one, then that survivor left behind would begin triggering the noise notifications so it was constant. So my options are play with no sound, try to continue playing but now deafened by the noise, or disconnect(which I am NOT suggesting anyone does). If this isn't griefing / trolling, I'm not really sure what the devs consider for that in game report option. There's more you can report than exploits and working with the killer.