Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers should be able to see what perks, items, and add-ons survivors are bringing

There's just too much power variability on the survivor side for killers not to have this ability. If I see 3 toolboxes in the lobby, I'm bringing a mori. But then at the end results screen, I see it was just brown toolboxes with no add-ons, instead of what I thought which was green toolboxes with BNP and stuff. Same with yellow flashlights compared to purple instablind ones with Odd Bulb and everything.

The reason we need to see the perks is because of 1 or 2 powerful survivor perks: DS, and Adrenaline imo. DS is just so punishing to get hit by, especially when multiple survivors have it. You have to assume everyone has it, and slug instead of pick them up again. It also works from grabs like from lockers, which I think is unfair and is abuse of the perk. But then there's matches where 1 survivor or nobody had DS, and I played around it for every survivor, causing me to waste time and lose. With Adrenaline, the survivors get a free health state AND a sprint burst, even off of hook. You need to know whether survivors have that or not, because if everyone is pushing gens while injured and then they all get healed to full, that's an unwinnable situation for the killer, even if he was winning.

Should survivors also be able to see what the killer has? No. The killer should be the power role, and this being a 1-sided mechanic gives them a small edge, especially over SWF.

Again, the thing that inspired this idea is the crazy power variation survivors can have. One match I'll play Spirit and get a 4k, but the next match I'll get a 0k. This happens because in the first match the survivors were suboptimal and didn't bring OP stuff and run full meta perks, and the second match they were all good survivors, SWF, 4 DS and Borrowed, and BNP. It's not fair that the killer has absolutely no idea what he's up against until he's losing and it's too late to adjust his playstyle to compensate.

Comments