Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Saboteur and Borrowed Time not showing up in Bloodweb

Weaslbee
Weaslbee Member Posts: 19
edited April 2020 in Ask the Community

Hey Community, i hope you can guide me through this mystery i have found.

So as the title says i am missing those two specific perks.

My Detective Tapp is P3 and i have all the teachable Perks for him and the FTP Survivors (+ a few i bought from the Shrine of Secrets) EXCEPT for Borrowed Time and Saboteur.

I already made sure that i unlocked the teachable Versions (my claudette has BT and my Meg Saboteur) of those two

So this is where things get 'mysterious'

as i said: my tapp is Lvl 50 P3 and has unlocked literally all available perks at lvl3. At first i didn't even notice some were missing until i wanted to implement BT in my build.

My bloodweb now only featured items (for at least 3 Bloodwebs) and none of the two perks ever showed up.

Was i wrong to assume that - if available - there is a 100% chance that at least 1 Perk is availavle per Bloodweb?

Mby you know more than i do or you can help me out.

Sorry if someone else already had this struggle

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Weaslbee

Your story has some holes in it, allow me to ask a few sub-questions before giving you an answer. This is so I can get a more "clear picture" on your situation and can further help you with your issue. I'll ask my questions in a list below, short and sweet. Sorry if this is somewhat of a bother, but i'd like to get you an accurate answer.

• What platform do you play on? PC or Console?
    • When you went through these 3 consecutive blood-webs, did any perks show up in all 3 of them? Or were you only concerned with the 2 perks that WEREN'T showing up. (I know you said that those blood-webs only featured items, but i'm just clarifying this to be sure).
    • Were these perks acquired on the Shrine of Secrets, or were they unlocked through Bill and Jakes blood-webs?
    • Are you sure that Saboteur and Borrowed Time are unlocked? Check both Jake Park and Bills "Character Info" pages to confirm this. The Character Info button is located under your Rank and the Survivors level on the Survivor menu (aka the pre-match screen).

A little guess of what your issue might be (without the sub-questions being answered)

Without the information above, i'd guess that your 2 specific perks are just not showing up BECAUSE of your RNG. Just because they didn't show up, doesn't mean they will NEVER show up, it's just bad luck is all.

If it's not that, than it could be an issue with the perks themselves... If you got them from the Shrine of Secrets that is. This sounds somewhat like a bug, but without the information above... It's hard to come to that conclusion.

• Weaslbee

Hey!

first of all - thank you for your quick response.

• I am Playing on PC via Steam
    • I have all perks that are available to me fully upgraded to level 3, so there were not more perks to buy in any of my last 3 (no even more) bloodwebs. I first thought that was because i had bought all of them. It wasn't until i wanted to run a build with Borrowed Time that i noticed, that those two were missing on my tapp.
    • I am not sure about Borrowed Time, but i unlocked Saboteur on Jake Park through the Bloodweb. I levelled al my survivors to lvl ~40 to get all the teachable perks.
    • My Nea Karlsson - as i said - does even have saboteur because i got it through the bloodweb.

Thank you so far!

• Weaslbee

Just to clarify - i didn't know you could actually look up the unlocked perks, but armed with my new knowledge i looked it up and borrowed time is being shown as unlocked.

So it really just doesn't spawn for some reason.

I will contact the support now. If there is a way to fix this "manually", i will probably post the solution here - otherwise you'll either see it being fixed in the next patches.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

We'll have to see, feel free to keep me posted in this post (if you want to).

Besides that, I don't see any other reason for BT to not show up... Besides a bug of some sort. If you were getting other perks than this would be different, that just means you're having "bad RNG", aka luck. But no perks are showing up, so it seems to be a bug of some sort.