IDEA FOR A NEW KILLER

Options

A shapeshifting killer - this killer takes on the identity of a randomly selected survivor from the cast (would not need to be from the in-game survivors). The power can be enabled once this killer has struck a survivor as a way to earn the perk or just be automatically set from the start of the game without hitting a survivor. Once the survivor has been hit the killer returns back to their normal form and can not use the power again whilst in chase mode or maybe have a cool down on the usage. As well when the killer is in the shape shifting form they can do the repair motion on a gen but not progress it. They can not heal other survivors, drop pallets or fast vault over them. The actual survivors could use this to maybe sus out the killer. I have no current idea of what weapon could be used but see this killer as being a fun alternative to the wraith as it would provide an uneasiness amongst survivor players whilst in game. Let me know what you think? Thanks

Comments

• BloodMistHunter
    BloodMistHunter Member Posts: 16
    Options

I think the idea would be really fun, but I also feel that it would not last that long in terms of how good the killer is. You would habe to find a way to make the killer strong enough to handle a SWF group, as well as perks that synergize with the power (That can also work well with other killers)

As cool as it seems there is a lot of loops that you would need to go through to make them a viable killer

• Niteh315
    Niteh315 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thanks I appreciate the feedback

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,536
    Options

The problem I see instantly is when a group of friends are playing - they're going to know which survivor is the "shapeshifting killer". Plus the power is a little underwhelming - so even as a solo player you're going to be able to see that this other survivor is the killer when you are working on a gen with them for example, due to the amount of progression on the gen.

• FlintBeastgood
    FlintBeastgood Member Posts: 97
    Options

This was my proposed ability for 'The Thing' licensed killer. It would need to be one of the four survivors picked in the trial or it'd fool nobody. It'd be hard to make it effective against SWF for sure. Another idea is to sow confusion or distrust by other means. Like survivors giving off a TR and red stain or other things that may affect a survivor's senses (like Doc's hallucination effect, but they see other survivors as the killer).

• FlintBeastgood
    FlintBeastgood Member Posts: 97
    Options

I've been trying to think up a killer like The Mist, where they can't really be seen but have no direct contact with the survivors and have to attack them by other means.

• MickoPicko
    MickoPicko Member Posts: 2
    Options

the night stalker