The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Grass Offerings

Not sure why we haven't seen these types yet, but I want them!

Survivors get this offering, but Trapper and Hag can both benefit from this offering as well. This is the Shaved Hair offering.

Shaved Hair

• Common

Tall Grass expands its radius by 10%. Stacks.

• Uncommon

Tall Grass expands its radius by 20%. Stacks.

• Rare

Tall Grass expands its radius by 25%. Slightly increases Tall Grass height. Stacks.

• Very Rare

Tall Grass expands its radius by 25%. Moderately increases Tall Grass height. Stacks.

• Ultra Rare

Tall Grass will completely cover every Jungle Gym tile on a map, and expands an additional 30% radius beyond it. Moderately increases Tall Grass height. Stacks.

Comments

• jellybird
    jellybird Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2020

lmao lets just make every single map yamaoka estate ._.

this would be dumbest offering in the game. especially if it COMPLETELY covers tiles.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Interesting idea. More offerings to influence maps could be fun.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

More offerings to influence maps would be cool and all, but these would have the same issues as the Moonlight addons, arguably worse.

Moonlight addons were removed because BHVR found it too difficult to properly balance visibility levels in maps thanks to their existence. I think a tall grass addon that makes grass appear in places it ordinarily doesn't, especially in indoor maps, would probably be even more impactful and problematic than Moonlight addons.

I think there's more design space for Offerings, both alterations to current ones and new ones, to increase variety in maps and games, but this ain't it, chief.

Some alternative ideas because I feel like being constructive, though:

• Survivor: You spawn within 20 meters of the Killer at the start of the match. Secret.
    • Survivor: Starts you in the closest Locker from where you would normally have spawned. Secret.
    • Survivor: Guarentees you will be the Killer's obsession. (much like map offerings, if multiple are used it essentially just negates anyone who didn't use this offering from Obsession chances. This would probably be Very Rare to discourage frequent use)
    • Survivor: Gives you a random item at the start of the match (overriding any other item you bring), perhaps with different Offerings for max/min rarities. (eg. a common that will give you an item at total random with a lower chance at good rarities, an uncommon that will never give you common rarity items and guarantees an addon, and a rare that will give you a rare/VR/UR item with two randomised addons)
    • Killer: Overrides your Addons in exchange for randomised ones- This one would probably work differently from the Survivor equivalent because Killers wouldn't be able to potentially profit from this like with the Survivor offering, so I would say the Killer offering should be a Common that guarentees two Uncommon or better Addons at the cost of not being able to choose which you get.
    • Killer: The first Survivor you damage in a Trial becomes the Obsession. If none of the Survivors have any Obsession-related Perks/Addons/Offerings equipped, no Obsession is chosen at the beginning of the Trial. Secret. (this would have to be something like VR to disencourage builds from relying on this)

I'd also be interested in Offerings that influence Totems, but I'm not really sure exactly how that should be handled.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Yes, **** Yamaoka @jellybird

• jellybird

Do you really want me to tell you why making an entire tile on a map, a jungle gym of all places. That's like if killers had an offering that made every wall see through. Come on dude, be rational when you suggest new stuff like this and try to look from both sides. from a survivor mains pov it assures a safe escape. From a killers pov your survivor just ran into a black hole. This would be way too op. So that is why not.

• jellybird
    edited April 2020

Do you really want me to tell you why making an entire tile on a map, jungle gym of all places completely unplayable is op? It would be like if killers had an offering that made every wall in the game see through. Be rational when you suggest new stuff like this and try to look from both sides. From a survivors side this is good cause it assures a safe escape. From a killers perspective your survivor literally just ran into a black hole and its either waste at least 1 gen chasing through a place where you cant see #########, or just letting you go entirely. This is way too op. That is why this idea is stupid.