Fair buffs for survivors

OniWantsYourMacaroni
OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
edited April 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

EDIT:-Added one more idea for "More Information"

More Information:

-You should hear when a dull totem is destroyed (for both sides)

-Currently we have icons to see whether a survivor is hooked,injured,healthy etc.

We should add new icons that show whether a survivor is doing a gen,healing himself or getting healed or being chased

Those new icons can only be seen on the survivor side,similiar to the sleep timer of a survivor when playing against a freddy for example.

-You should be able to see the Loadout (at least the perks) of your teammates in the pre-game Lobby and in the game as well.

That way you would get very important information as a solo survivor and can react on it almost the same like a SWF without it being too much.

More Bloodpoints:

-Every great skill check should give you 300 points in the specific category

-In most cases if you counter certain killer powers (Disarming a trap,revealing Ghost etc.) points are normally awarded in form of boldness points.It should be changed from the boldness category to the survival category (Maybe lower some of those values after that)

-Add a "Near Miss" bonus to Huntress hatchet throws (similiar to the Deathslinger)

-Adding a bonus (Either in the boldness or survival category) for evading killer hits or certain powers (like Demogorgons Shred or Billys Chainsaw)

-It would be nice to get a certain amount of survival points for how long you survived in the trial and is awarded only if you get fully sacrificed/moried

-Fully healing a survivor should give you a token for We're Gonna Live Forever

-Add a secondary effect to We're Gonna Live Forever.Nothing too strong just that it has a use other than farming points just like BBQ & Chili

-Remove the "Escape as Obsession" and "Sacrificed/killed as Obsession" bonus to compensate with the changes above.It was introduced randomly at one point,was unfair for the other survivors and didn't make much sense anyway

Getting bloodpoints as survivor is a slow and frustrating experience.With these changes it should be just as easy to get bloodpoints as playing killer.That way one doesn't feel forced to play killer only to get more points and can continue playing the role they like.

What are your thoughts about it?

Post edited by OniWantsYourMacaroni on

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I'm fine with all of this. Nothing that's too strong or too weak.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

As a killer main, i would be fine with these.

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

These make sense, so I doubt any of them will be implemented.

• BloodMistHunter
    BloodMistHunter Member Posts: 16

The only issue I can really think of is giving survivors more information like a SWF since it is already difficult to deal with as a killer if the players are somewhat skilled. Plus I think lacking such info makes the game more interesting

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

See, but then they could buff killer/ nerf survivors accordingly cause solos would have similiar info to swf.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I think survivors should have a bit more ways to communicate. For example I like the marker addon for the map. And I see sometimes survivors bringing flashlights for communitation only, because it is hearable in a certain distance. Some stuff like that would be great as basekit.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I have no problems with any of those. I think we should have already seen some of these implemented.

My only suggestion is that moving some actions from boldness to survival would need to be done carefully. As of now, survivors get points in one or the other category depending on what killer their facing. For example traps and revealing GF go into boldness, but Legion mending or Freddy waking up go to survival. Moving most stuff into survival would leave a situation where it would be difficult to get boldness, if the killer doesn't want to chase you. They'd be left with totems, but there are only 5 for 4 survivors, sabo'ing hooks, and then things like proximity and basement time which are marginal.

• BloodMistHunter
    BloodMistHunter Member Posts: 16

I dont think doing so would really add anything as opposed to just doing it right now. SWF would still be strong and I dont think changing the UI would be a necessary basis for buffs and Nerfs

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

I just want to add more ways to earn points in the survival category which is really hard to get points for right now.

Of course it has to be done carefully because otherwise it would be too hard to get boldness points.

And to be honest it was always hard to get boldness points if the killer isn't chasing you

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

Well,one part of my idea is just to make it easier getting bloodpoints as survivor what is a pretty slow process right now and would help players that mostly play the survivor role with the grind a bit more

About the other part.One of the biggest problems in the game is the gap between Solo survivors and SWF.The advantage of SWF for one part is the amount of information they have.By implementing these ideas we could shorten this gap.It wouldn't be that much more hand holding because it's you still have to decide what to do with that kind of information.

Furthermore it would remove or at least lessen frustrating situation where nobody goes for a save or all try to save at once for example.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

That wouldn't be an issue at all.All of this information is already available for SWF.That would only be one idea to make the gap between solo survivor and SWF smaller.