Enough with this communicating BS

I just played against a 4 player buddy group. It was the most horrible game play I’ve ever had. They knew where I was, they knew where each other were for healing. They can communicate all the way across the map, and I’m running around with the Hag like an idiot. This was the least fun and most frustrating experience I’ve had with this game.

I did t get more than one hit on anyone, because they knew god loops, and when they lost me, they knew EXACTLY where to go to heal within seconds.

I’m rank 17, going against a 4, 3, 7 and 2.

each one had adrenaline, 3 had DS,

Prove thyself, 2 had Borrowed Time, 2 Sabateur.

I never had a chance. This was tilted, one sided and completely unfair.

I have been championing how much fun and how amazing this game can be, but if this kind of gang up is where it’s going, I’ll be out, quickly.

Comments

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

I just posted about this. Rank 17 should never be paired with red ranks....

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Well, not like that putting salt on the wound will help though

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you think this happened cause of swf and not just because of rank difference? How naive. LOL

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81

Case in point: Rank 1, 9, 12 and 14. I killed all 4 (well, one rage quit)

it was hard as hell, as it should be.

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81

Considering what I just did and what I have done? Yes.

I’ve lost against higher ranks before. That’s not the issue. Pay attention

• Feiten
    Feiten Member Posts: 204
    edited May 2020

They do make a difference quite a bit, in any game. He would obviously stand a chance if they did not. And going by the perks he mentioned,this is not assuming swf.

You can tell night and day comm survs swf vs non comm swf.

Honestly swf wouldn't be so bad if they did what a few games did and block third party comms. But... im speaking for console. And no the phone argument is bull rap. I can't picture 4 lames on speaker phone with each other playing dbd and even if... im sure that would rarely happen.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So what? Just because at least half of the survivors in higher ranks play like potatoes? You would have lost to four high ranked solos that belong at those ranks as well. Thats the reality.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

He knows he was likely to lose but is arguing that from past experiences he would have had some sembalance of fun. I played against ranks far higher than me lost and still had fun. I also faced ranks 1 color abovd me but they had comms and it was miserable.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

He knows he was likely to lose but is arguing that from past experiences he would have had some sembalance of fun. I played against ranks far higher than me lost and still had fun. I also faced ranks 1 color abovd me but they had comms and it was miserable.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

If you're rank 17 I feel bad that you're already jumping on the demonise SWF bandwagon. Don't focus on whether you're playing SWF or solo, just play the game. If you lose, you lose. If you win then you win. If you're taking it this serious at rank 17 when you lose you're going to give yourself a heart attack when you get to better ranks.

Just relax, remember it is just a game, so what if they are better and escape? You can't win them all

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Thats not quite fair to say. The game didnt have SWF at the start because it wasnt intended. Then they added it and, yeah. In a game.like this it absolutley destroys balance. Its like have OoO without the killer seeing you while having extra wallhacks, forcing the killer to run terror radius enlarging perks all the while so many people in this community look at it and go " UuGhH SWF iS tOtAlLy FiNe, KiLlErS jUsT wAnT 4KEZ gIt GuD bBy KiLlEr."

TL;DR it isnt about winning or losing, its about being forced into a game where you literally can't do anything except get t-bagged and insulted cuz killer.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

This has nothing to do with SWF, this has to do with the fact that the game is even pitting you against red ranks when you're not even green ranks?..

But anyway, communication should be available to solo queues, this is literally a team game that punishes you for not being altruistic and wanting to help your team, makes no sense to have no form of communication whilst playing the game.. lol.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188

I've scrolled just a little bit thru and I'm surprised I didn't get any "git good" comments yet. But back to your thread i don't think matchmaking will be fixed anytime soon plus with killers leaving the game and with swf usually playing with a high rank with a low rank they would more than likely get into games like your rank. But honestly the fact ur rank 17 going against those ranks surprises me but just another reason y match making is dumb.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

It's been said already but this is so much a matchmaking problem rather than SWF.

The comms = hacks argument is a load of bull. And we don't have a definite way of knowing if we're versing a swf on comms.

Word of advice? If you stop looking at killer games as "Am I versing a SWF or not?" You will see yourself improving and asking the more important questions like: "How do I counteract this so that I don't get fooled again?"

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

With Crossplay incoming, Dead by Daylight NEEDS to implement something like this....

Where you opt out of SWF or not, you get extra Bloodpoints if you opt in.

More people will be playing, so I don't see the excuse NOT to put this in the game.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767

I dunno about PS, but on Xbox they cannot block the comms, as the party chat is entirely separate from whatever game is being played. Also like 3 years ago or so I believe Microsoft mandated any accepted game must not interfere with the party chats. So how could the devs even enforce a change on Xbox?

• Feiten
    edited May 2020

Honestly I don't think BH will ever have a proper solution.. what with the God awful matchmaking.. the only thing they most likely would do is make killers stronger, honestly most of this game is swf anyway. And if youre solo.. its not like you can't make friends.

At this rate they would have to go with the bigger player base... bigger base means more money and you can't monopoly on solo players as they are the lesser right now.

So the only REAL fix for swf is to buff killers a tad bit more. OR give the killer extra bloodpoints.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767

Ya mean matchmaking like this? Not how I wished to pip up.....

• Feiten

That poor soul...

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,078

Not really. But 4 good Solos and a team of 4 good SWFs do not differ that much. Its not like the good Solos will run around like headless Chickens when they are not on Discord together.

But this Matchmaking basically guarantees that the Killer will lose, there is no way someone who just started playing Killer can compete with Ranks that much higher. And nobody should expect this.

But I just hope that there is not a new Killer who is already starting to blame everything on SWF. It is enough that Players with 4k hours+ are doing that, but here only the Matchmaking is to blame. Because such a Rank Difference should never, ever happen.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

SWF is overpowered as shite. Everyone knows that. BUT, most people don't try to tap it's full potential, and of those people, most seem to use it as a crutch.

And and and, and this is an important one, SWF is needed for the game to keep alive and healthy. It's such a big draw, not just for the RAW INFO POWER factor but also for the Sandbag With Friends factor (and everything in between). People just like playing with their friends. SWF will always be an issue, there's no real way around it: even ignoring comms, you play so much better knowing how everyone else on your team plays.

Now, all that being said, I do think that some perks should be locked out of SWF. OoO is the absolute biggest problem here, closely followed by standard meta perks and even nonstandard ones such as Prove Thyself, Deliverence, and even Distortion. I dont necessarily think they should ALL be locked out ALL THE TIME, but maybe there's some way to make sure a team doesn't have all this, a key, a map and a map offering.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

first time?

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182

rank aren't a good way to mesure player skill in DBD. Killer require a 3k to pip, unless they got a extremly long game that usually don't happend with lower kill count. As a survivor, I had game I just cleaned 2 dull totem, worked on a single gen, got caught in chase kinda early and then got facecamped til I died. I contributed almost nothing to the team and did'nt escape, yet here I am with a pip. That or the killer find me early, I chase him for 4 gens, don't escape, double pip.

The only reason killer rarely get matched with anything below purple rank is because you either need to depip willingly or get face camped at as the first hooked survivor.

survivor also get point for almost anything. Hide? point, generator? points, killer find you when you hide? that a chase, here some point. You exist in the same game as freddy? Points. no seriously, survivor get points when they fall asleep....

The matchmaking made it so if any side as to wait for long, it gonna pick someone from lower rank, Sadly both potatoes and god looper SWF can be from rank 1-8 and the matchmaking wont care about that.

• Aven_Fallen

"Killer require a 3k to pip, unless they got a extremly long game that usually don't happend with lower kill count. As a survivor, I had game I just cleaned 2 dull totem, worked on a single gen, got caught in chase kinda early and then got facecamped til I died. I contributed almost nothing to the team and did'nt escape, yet here I am with a pip."

You may not want to compare Red Rank Killer Pipping with yellow Rank Survivor Pipping.

• Magikazam

Killer need to 3k as soon as rank 13 with the current average match time. Survivor only require some skill when they reach purple. I can tell for experiance that what you face the most as killer around rank 15:

Rank 8 survivor> Purple rank that arent 8 >Red rank that arent rank 1>Green rank and Rank 1 Red>Yellow rank.

Killer rank also depend a lot on your killer, Legion can ez get point and get away with a 1k or 2k

and If you want to rank up as plague I hope your ready to stall game to death AND pull out 3k in each single game.

im exagerating a bit for plague, but you get the idea

• Aven_Fallen

I mean, I also get Pips with 3Ks in Red Ranks. So you might be talking about playing Bubba and camping everyone to Death at those Ranks, or in general a low number of Hooks.

• Magikazam

Even if you don't tap full power potential as SWF you still get legit every usefull aura reading addon into your basekit minus OoO just by talking. You get to counter the surprise factor killer has at the start of the game when you still don't know who you face. If your friend tell you he just got stalked by ghostface, you will be double checking around you more than if no one could communicate you who they got chased by. Your potatoe friend who relly only on terror radius? now Ghostface wont get free stalk early game on him. You got baseline Kindred. that save 1 perkslot for survivor who already have 4 time the perks of a killer.

IMO SWF should have limited perk slot.

2 player- not affected

3 player- lose 1 perk slot (does not affect the fourth player who alone)

4 player- lose 2 perk slot.

If you get free perks for simply being in vocal chat, then you need to lose the ability to overstack second chances perk. A solo survivor has to use perk slot for overall utility and aura reading, or they can go stacked with second chances perk. Differance is they wont have both and have to make a choice.

• Magikazam

No, best case senario if you camp with bubba is that you get safety pip (no pip, but don't depip) the rank system destroy your points if you stay near hooked fella. and mind you, a safety pip is 4k only.

• MPUK

Solo players don't have to do anything with their perk slots to read auras etc. I play a lot of solo survivor. I have Resilience, Spine Chill, Sprint Burst and Iron Will. Same build I have in SWF.

People need to stop thinking that all anyone talks about in SWF is what is happening in game. Most spend the majority of the time talking about what they have done that day, how much food they have managed to devour being stuck at home all day and general conversation with the occasional "oh... the killer is with me by the way". Not all who play SWF take it ultra serious and have every map divided in to grid references that are constantly reported.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

You should be blaming matchmaking. Not people playing with thier friends. Also God loops were removed on Tuesday. They are just regular loops now. 😂

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

No.

You should loose every single game like these. That you kill all 4 of them as a rank 17 only shows how broken this games matchmaking really is.

• LALYTHIA

Killers don't need a 3k to pip. I can play "no kill" killer and pip. Also, your stated scenario isn't plausible. You would not have pipped from that. You also wouldn't double pip from running the killer for four gens. I actually don't prefer to run the killer that long because your pts end up being mediocre without other objectives. Although, I agree, it is much easier to pip as survivor, it is much easier to acquire actual BP on killer.

And survivors being able to pip easier just means when a 12 gets matched with a bunch of 5s, there probably isn't that much skill gap. Just saying.

• Magikazam

You still have communication and base aura read perk for free in a game balanced around the fact you need to waste a perk or somehow communicate with people nearby you with the 2 emote given to you and your basic hud. just being able to tell someone that ''oh killer chasing me'' make it so 3 other people know they are completly safe to do anything. Any one could just grab OoO and have the potential to ruin a killer game with no effort. Sure, you wont be giving killer position the best way you could at any time like tryhard SWF, but you can just be with friend who play casually, who aren't god looper and say to them things like ''Yo were facing trapper and he putting traps around shack'' Grats, you could not ever use it for the rest of the match, you have effectively made the killer power way less strong and now that trapper has probably lost 2 or 3 gen to do a set up that probably will be useless, just cause people will avoid that side of the map. You're Relly far from being a tryhard SWF who told their friend every trap location + telling them when it safe or not to go disable them. You just told your friend ''yo avoid/be carefull around killer shack'' and that relly impactfull for the killer.

• LALYTHIA

Bruh, there is no way to remove comms from the game and BHVR knew they existed when they made SWF. It's not going anywhere. LoL

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Honestly I never play comms because I can't focus or hear with 3 other idiots in my ear. I'm already becoming deaf at this age.

• Magikazam

''And survivors being able to pip easier just means when a 12 gets matched with a bunch of 5s, there probably isn't that much skill gap. Just saying.''

And that were your a bit wrong. What happend is the matchmaking realise no one is near your rank and extand the range on the level gap, oh your facing rank 5 survivors? the matchmaking wont make differance on how many hours they have put in game, You may as well face 3 solo survivor who all got 300+ hours than you who run decent meta perk (Usual solo build that probably have ds or Bt combined with an exhaustion perk + Iron will and detective hunch or anything similar to that) just to have a fourth survivor who also rank but who's a potatoe who got carried by 1 friend in a duo SWF and who trying to learn with his first level 40 char and probably don't have good perk or unlockable. You face anything between those. It just that you are more likely to face people with more hours than you.

That only change once you hit red rank and ocasionally end up on poor souls who are green rank as rank 1 killer. just cause there isin't enought killer in the game+ survivor pipe fast so they don't stay under green rank relly long.

TLDR, due to how the matchmaking work, the lower your rank as killer, the more chance you have to face stronger survivor who got WAY more hours than you. The higer you rank, more are you chance to face lower rank survivor.

• MPUK

You can start right next to a trap and know it is the trapper without seeing him. Pretty much every Trapper traps the shack. This example of how "strong" SWF is, is weak. Everyone would expect the trapper to trap the shack without a friend telling them.

Just because they are SWF doesn't mean they are good. This is the problem with the blanket complaint about SWF. Many are bad players.

• YumiiXO

But sometimes it's fun to play with friends back then I didn't even play the game that much because it got boring to me XD

• YumiiXO

Lol yes I was like in higher ranks that's not even a pip there...

• LALYTHIA

I'm not wrong. Trust me. I play all day teamed up with potato red and purple ranks who shouldn't be there.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Not saying that SWF wasnt something that needed to be their, you need to be able to play with your friends. But they didnt balance the game around it at all