We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

So how is this balanced?

The whole matchmaking system is making me want to play the game less and less with each lobby I enter. I'm pretty tired of being paired with SWF players where a few of them will be High Rank Players carrying their Low Rank Friends Around.

I mean, it would be not that big of a deal if I was a high rank killer but as a low rank it just makes me frustrated after every single game. I'm uploading a few screenshots to prove my point (with names hidden to make sure no rule is broken)

Comments

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164

Ever since they changed rank reset to only reset you back... 5 ranks (I think?), matchmaking has been really bad.

They should really revert those changes, and you would probably see this a fair bit less.

• neonzombie
    neonzombie Member Posts: 3

But how does the rank reset affect my pairings? I mean, they've already ranked up to high ranks again, so it should make no difference, I guess.. My guess is the SWF matchmaking is making it bad since low ranks queue with high ranks and it makes the whole matchmaking system go boom.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

No one said this is balanced. They're working on their hidden mmr thingy.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107

it's either you play with mixed rankings or you wait in queue for 30+ minutes. Take your pick

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I play solo rank 4, I get paired in lobbies of yellow/brown all the time. It's not SWF, it's just the way matchmaking goes.

• caraibe8
    caraibe8 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020

I'll take the 30 minutes... it's not like I can't do anything else while waiting

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I'd rather wait 30 minutes for a game than to have a game over in 5 mins because of swf

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

I somewhat disagree. The sheer amount of SWF's in this game is truly astonishing. I know, because I've specifically been playing Killer only for the past two days just for this purpose. Keep that in mind, two days straight, that's a lot of games. Looking into each and every Survivor in my lobby I found that the vast majority of them are SWF's.

• BabyStar4848
    BabyStar4848 Member Posts: 4

I like how DBD asks for our feedback, but killers are always OP no matter the update and don’t get penalized for tunneling, camping, or proxy camping. I deleted DBD for months because of this problem and I came back to toolboxes not lasting long, you can’t see other people ranks, and many more. People shouldn’t get penalized for quitting a match. I be so close to wanting to DC. My mom messaged the board and all they told her was that face camping, tunneling, and proxy camping were part of the game. Last time I checked that wasn’t in the game description nor do killers get rewards for it. Killers should get blood points taken away instead. I just I see why I stopped playing in the first place.

• Megaguardain
    Megaguardain Member Posts: 107

I've noticed this matchmaking too and I really don't like it. I haven't played against Red Ranks as Killer, but as a Survivor I've played along side them in solo queues. The matches were over in five minutes. It's really unfair to someone who's a Rank 20 Killer to go against three or four Rank 3s/4s. It's not beginner friendly and if this is the kind of matches they get their first time playing and they keep losing, they might not pick the game back up again.