Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it really rational that KYF doesn't get any bloodpoints while SWF gets full bloodpoints?

Dehitay
Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I'm not saying that KYF should get full bloodpoints; maybe 25% of a normal match would be rational. But at the same time, for similar reasons, I think it's ridiculous that SWF gets full bloodpoints for playing the game in a much easier mode. If SWF can get full bloodpoints, why can't KYF get any?

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I don't play KYF but I like the idea of getting points for playing it, even if it is reduced.

• PerskuleBenener
    PerskuleBenener Member Posts: 43

It would be easily exploitable to get blood points from kyf, and I don't see any reason why you would get less bloodpoints from playing swf. That's definitely not the problem of swf, survivors get quite less blood points compared to killers anyway

• GRT_Alkaline
    GRT_Alkaline Member Posts: 226

Most games with a custom game mode you dont get any progress or what not, for example look at Call ot Duty you dont raise your rank in the customs. So the kyf thing is best just looked at it like that.

Not to say i don't get where you're coming from with swf getting full points and kyf getting none, i do. But it's just so you and your mates cant just farm up bloodpoints (even at a reduced rate) without it affecting your "rank"

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

25% of a normal match would be rational,very. It's only 8k bp,doubt anyone would farm when you get that small amount so I don't see a problem with it. Ofc if bp offerings don't work.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

If course ppl would farm it. Zero queue time. Quick matches. No BP cost for items. No headache. It would be immediately abused.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

It takes what, 10-15mins to farm 32k BP in a game, but that gets reduced to 8k. At that point it's literally more efficient to join a game, do 1 gen, 1 unhook and like 2 totems for equal BP in a similar timeframe.

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

{insert Mad Max that's bait meme}

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2020

I said that cause of what @SaltedSnow said. At that point the bp gain would be really small so it'd be better to do 1 real game than 4 kyf ones.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

How is SWF the easier mode compared to KYF? You get unlimited ressources in KYF, have access to every Perk in the game without spending a single BP on it and you know all other players (including the Killer).

But I think giving BPs in KYF is not that bad, even tho, BP multipliers (like BBQ or WGLF) and BP Offerings need to be disabled/not giving any BP Bonus and it should be quite a low amount so that farming is not worth the time, but there is some little reward for playing a few friendly custom games.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

I dont mind really. The grind is already brutal as is, so if people want to farm the 25% of normal bloodpoint gain, be my guest.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Let them "exploit" farming then? It's not like they can get 100k per match, it's still limited. Besides the fact that we eradicate farmers from public matches.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

i dont understand your logic behind any of this? ######### can be farmed, and was, so it shoudnt get any. and swf should get full because theyre playing the normal game?

• Dehitay
    edited May 2020

I meant much easier compared to solo survivor or killer. Voice comms for survivors are more powerful than any item, addon, perk, or offering in the game.

It's weird to see so many people complain about farming for KYF but not SWF. If people are so concerned about people using the ease of KYF to farm (even though that would be ridiculously inefficient at 25% bp gains), then shouldn't the same people be concerned about people using the ease of SWF to farm? It's a annoying double standard to say that KYF doesn't deserve any bloodpoints but SWF deserves full bloodpoints. If you're that concerned about easier farming, shouldn't SWF get 75% bloodpoint gains or something?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

To play Devil's Advocate, 25% isn't efficient since getting 32K in KYF would give you 8K. If farming is the problem here... Couldn't you add a daily limit to how much BP you can earn in KYF? Let's say 50K! 😊

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

This is true, but to play devil's advocate again, if you only get ~20k BP by the end of the match and lose 75% of that, is it really any better? That's about one node on the bloodweb at that point, you're hardly making any progress. It's not too different from getting nothing at all.

Though even still, assuming you come up with an efficient way to farm points, seeing as how you could completely skip the matchmaking and lobby portion, quickly starting a match and farming points could actually be faster than a normal public match.

• Aven_Fallen

Playing in an SWF is not a guaranteed high outcome of BPs. It is not even a guaranteed win (and people who say that should maybe think a little bit ahead of "Bruh, SWF is unfair"). But playing in KYF is a guaranteed BP-Gain, therefore it should be low.

• Dehitay

Actually, something and nothing is a HUGE difference. If you do the math, 1 is an infinite times bigger than 0.

There is pretty much only one reason people don't play KYF: it's a complete waste of time when you need bloodpoints so badly when you don't have a group to play with. Having reduced bloodpoint gains would change that completely and make the mode significantly more popular. A lot of people including myself would much prefer to play with 5 people for a friendly game rather than having to risk deal with the stress of a chance at ebony moris or 4 man flashlight squads. However, you're not always going to be able to do that and if spending any time doing so completely holds you back when you're not doing so, you're less driven to play KYF.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Actually if you use WGLF and stack that up then you would be getting the equivalent of a full match worth of BP.

Also if you wait an average of X minutes for a regular lobby yet you can insta queue KYF it may actually still be more beneficial to KYF then play a regular match.

I'm also on the Devils payroll. ^.^

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Survivors should always have less bloodpoints than Killers. The moment it's close or even consistently than a large portion of the game will jump to survivor.

• EvanRaven
    EvanRaven Member Posts: 194

In other games playing a custom match gives you no exp or levels, so why should it be any different in dbd?

• EvanRaven
    EvanRaven Member Posts: 194
    edited May 2020

It's actually easier then you think to farm bloodpoints. Slap on we'll make it or borrowed time and we're gonna live forever. (bring a flashlight if you want it easier) go for flashlight saves, bodyblock. Easily get 4 stacks.

For killer just bring bbq and play doctor.

drop some party streamers in there too and you'll be swimming in bp

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

It would be justifiable to earn bloodpoints in KYF if you didn't have access to everything, but since every character you own is unlocked, as well as all perks maxed and all items, people who play kyf dont need the blood points.

If you have 5 people, KYF is the only option anyways, less than that you might as well do a normal SWF, or a KYF with less people

And finally, the penalty would have to be so low as to not allow people to just farm ot, it becomes almost negligible in the amounts you earn, so its pointless.

Groups of friends don't not play KYF because theres no reason since you don't get bloodpoints, its either because its not 5 exact people, or they dont want to play it in the first place

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

It's quite possible you could put a div after the amount of blood points you earn in kill your friends.

You will only earn 25% or 30% of the blood could you make in the match this will make you kill your friends farming nowhere near viable enough for people to just spam it out.

If you don't want to implement that type of restriction you could put a daily bloodpoint cap on kill your friends meaning you can only earn x amount of blood points that day from kill your friends.

Both of these options will allow people who just want to have casual fun matches or tournaments to actually earn.

It will also be good if you decide to show your friends some of the ropes of the game that they could at least have a chunk of blood points in their pocket from it

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

if you can just farm constantly with friends, how do you think that would affect the game it's self? 8k per match with no wait times and not having to deal with what is "toxic"... it wouldn't be good for those who actually want to play the game.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Oh please. It's because they are playing with a Streamer they enjoy, not to mention a Dev. So, it's offering an enjoyment reward right there.

I'm not advocating bloodpoints in KYF, mind you, as I don't care one way or another about it, but you're making a poor comparison there. Either that, or you don't understand what people enjoy about playing with a Streamer and/or Dev.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

You could argue 25% isn't worth a lot in the long run, but to play Devil's Advocate, KYF isn't meant to be your main source of BP. KYF should be a game mode where you can have fun with your friends, not be a place for BP. Therefore, it wouldn't hurt to give a small amount of BP since really, as you mentioned, it doesn't really make that much of a difference and wouldn't make KYF the main source of BP. 😅

This leads me to your second point...

The fact KYF could be better than an actual match, you're right, that's definitely true! However, the key word is could — you implied certain conditions must be met for that to be the case. If it becomes problematic, as I previously mentioned, we could add a daily limit to the amount of BP earn in KYF. 😊

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The problem is that sometimes survivor ques are so long people just want to play but not if they aren't getting anything.

I think @NMCKE has a good point that there could be some kind of daily limit, such that you'd be allowed to play a handful of KYF games a day and get rewarded for it, but stop any kind of extreme BP farming and taking away from the public pool of players. I would say that in addition, all BP offerings should be disabled in KYF so that if you want to farm for BP it would end up being really grindy and not worth your time compared to the normal game. This would make it so that KYF is a viable alternative in those times of need when players want to play but don't want to play without any rewards at all.

Like I find it impossible to ever convince any of my friends to play some KYF if even just for fun because they always say "but I'm not earning BP/challenges/whatever". Not saying you should earn challenges, just that no one wants to play private games like that, it's almost like a useless feature (but don't take it away 🙏). The only time my friends and I even use KYF is to test out things in a controlled environment.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Saying a single game mode is a waste of time due to lack of rewards, Is not the same as saying everything in dead by daylight is a waste of time. Since the other ways to play the game, does offer rewards. I felt the need to point this out. For the op never once said playing this game as a whole was a waste of time, only a single game mode.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Good point, but I've played KYF with my friends offline as well, and we have fun. I just don't buy the line of logic that it's "a complete waste of time" to play unless you're unlocking things. :)

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Queues are long enough as is but people are proposing a change that would make them even longer? No thanks.

I would be cool with a daily log in bonus of 50k BP or something (or a first game of the day 50k bonus) but all this change would do is screw over people who don't have 4+ friends who play DBD.

• Dehitay
    edited May 2020

If you don't follow this line of reasoning, it's probly because you're not bothering to try. But considering what your second post says, you're following it just fine and pretending you don't.

Actually, now that I look at it, your first post also says the same things. You don't buy the line of logic that it's a waste of time unless you're unlocking things. Your conditional I guess does make that argument true but the fact that you would even mention it is rather ridiculous since pretty much 100% of the playerbase is playing to unlock things.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited May 2020

Even if it was half as much, I would play it.

I got a handful of friends who want to play, but we can't all play together unless it's KYF, and whenever someone suggests that everyone groans and then we pick out of a hate basically and play SWF. Which sucks.

I don't see the harm. A little tip for your troubles ya know? Doesn't have to be super major, nor would it be worth the time to try to farm it out.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

When I play KYF with friends either to help them learn stuff or just because we want to have fun with everyone at different ranks. I find it more fun than normal matches....at least until we get that one random person whos X friends friend and they try and be serious only to get dominated.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I think the problem is that in KYF... All the add ons and perks are free.... I think? I don't know I haven't ever played it since maybe when the game was first released. So making blood points and spending 0 would just be pretty much farming for free. I don't think they want people to be farming either. And if you're sitting there with friends you could just farm BP's like crazy. Back in the day during double BP events... I knew people that switched their steam region to Africa and just farmed like crazy all day. They could prestige a character every two hours. It was crazy.

KYF would end up being that every time a blood point event came out. Even if there was no BP event people would still use it to farm.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I think what would work pretty well is at the end of a kyf game, each player gets 100 bp for each participating player for each minute the trial lasted. Does that sound abusable?

• Aven_Fallen

I think, if we go for 20 minutes (which should be a game where everyone would probably have max points when farming in a regular game) this would be 10k BPs. Sounds fine to me.

This is really nothing where it can be abused, but a little something.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Simple fix

BP that can be earned is only 50%-80% of the normal, that would be up for the DEVs to decide

You don't get all the free perks and addons, can only use what you have, just like normal game

1.5x and 2x BP does not apply to KYF only the "normal mode", also BP offerings do not work. Not sure about BP giving perks or if that can be disabled or whatever.

or flip a switch and boom normal KYF as we all know and, more or less love it.

The problem is everyone says "the fun" from playing together is the only thing that should matter. But that shouldn't be the only thing. I think being able to switch which mode KYF has as shown above, could help both sides of the spectrum out.

For me I personally don't care. But I got a few friends who don't see the point of KYF beyond experimenting and testing new things out. They want to play with their friends yes, but not in the KYF environment because it doesn't reward anything at all. And if we are talking about fun, well that's what SWF is supposed to be for, but that's kind of a touchy subject now isn't it.

I doubt this would even get into the consideration box, but hey. At least now it's out there :)

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    edited May 2020
  • DwightOP
  • Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

So that is why the killer always turns on us in the end xD

• DwightOP

8k is not to different from getting nothing at all? Yet half of the survivor community were crying here when you guys removed the 800 struggle points in certain situations. Pls, stop.