Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why does every Killer have NOED in every single game I played?

Kolossoni
Kolossoni Member Posts: 371

Regardless of rank, nearly every killer I have come across has held NOED.

Can someone tell me the reason behind this?

It's making the game quite boring honestly.

ยซ13

Comments

• Kolossoni

I only see 1 DS in every 3 matches or so and DH is a little more frequent than that.

But NOED is just everywhere at this point.

I don't mind it, but it is pretty getting boring...

It's the phenomenon that intrigued me.

• Kolossoni

Luck is luck I guess.

I've had instances where I spawned close to a killer lol

• Kolossoni

Totally true.

I've seen Hex: Ruin after changes and it was still pretty devastating.

I just don't understand why NOED is a must.

I'm a survivor and I don't use DS or DH.

• Kolossoni

But with your logic, then nobody should run NOED, but so many still do.

At least for my matches...

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

So why not bring along perks to lessen the effects of luck? For example a perk that allows you to get kills even if you were unlucky.

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

bring detective's hunch and do bones in between gens, that's my plan whenever i'm having a bad luck streak.

• Kolossoni

I mean, still.

Luck is luck.

Just because I lessen the probability doesn't mean I'm free from such coincidence :P

Back to the topic though.

I'm only interested in the overall occurrence of the perk.

I think it's pretty solid, but is it THAT good to have it in all games?

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Its more the fact that NOED does one of two things, slows down the match to help less mobile killers get something done, or, if the killer does get rushed with a shirt game, gives the killer a shot at getting someone cause the game was short. Yeah there are uses outside these two but these two are the main uses. Despite what you might think, yeah, a good amount of killers needed something like old ruin.

In responces to the DS DH and stuff. As killer side, i usually see at least 2 adrenalines, 2 DS 1 BT and 3 Dead hards every game. Its gets boring whenever i try and do anything only.to have it undone. Not saying this is ALL survivor groups. Just my personal experience.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

"should we look into why everyone is using that perkโ€ฆ. no, we must nerf it soo we can find the solution!"

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited May 2020

Why does every game have DS ?

Meta is meta does. Gen rushing is easily punished with noed and it helps reduce tbagging at the gates.

Also isn't very many viable or helpful perks for killers and almost none of them have synergy. So killers run the same 3 builds

BBQ, whisper/infectious, neod, pop/corrupt

Occasionally and killer specific you'll see above 3 meta perks and the last perk is swapped with

Freddy with Warren

Plague with thana

Mike or GF with pwyf

doc with monitor

Hag with the trap totems

Spirt with enduring and spirt fury combo

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Well, that's the point - it's actually not a must. It's a good safety net, but most killers do just fine without it. The problem is, similarly to old Ruin, many players think it's a must because they've been told as much, and because they rely on it and it works. A similar phenomenon can be observed with Decisive Strike. I barely use it unless I don't have anything better, and yeah it sucks when I get tunnelled and think, "damn, if only I had DS right about now". But I still end up surviving a fair amount, and in most of the games I don't survive, Decisive Strike would not have changed that.

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182

@Entity_Hugs

I really wish you'd rephrase this...

You use it because it's one of the only Perks that allows you to have a chance of winning after you've, for all intents and purposes, already lost.

I'm pretty sure SWF are less common than dead zones and proxy camping (at least in my region and/or on my platform). Are you really taking the time to check profiles and friend lists? After all, that is how you confirm a SWF exists.

• Quol

Exactly.

Dont worry OP when 80% of the killers start to use NOED the devs will decide it's overpreforming and nerf it.

• Kolossoni

I'm semi on board with this.

I also think SWF is not THAT common as some killers might think.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

That argument is foolish because you are the minority. the VAST majority of survivors in red ranks tend to use DS or DH, sometimes both

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited May 2020

Well don't worry about cleansing totems or anything silly like that. Especially if EVERYONE is using it.

Why do that when it could just get nerfed eventually.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Well Noed can be a really good and game changing perk that isn't a teachable,so that's one reason.

But at the end i would say it's just bad luck.There are days where players get tunneled/camped/genrushed or get certain maps over and over again.

If you see Noed that much in your game i would advise you to use certain perks and items for the next games.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

No, until the survivors are out the gate, they havent won. And as far as SWF ive had to start checking myself because i see 4 flashlights and claudettes in muddy clothing pop up more than i care to :/ heck 3-4 Swf are a real pain for me, bigest being 3 cause then theres one solo getting cucked as well

• Kolossoni

I mean, okay let's assume your logic has some level of factual truth.

Then, does that mean DS/DH = NOED?

I've had matches where I won plenty without the two mostly mentioned perks and killers still had NOED.

Now, if DS/DH was OP as killers say they are, then how is it possible I win quite a few times?

My point is, I think killers are too reliant on NOED and like Fibijean stated, should try smth else to win rather than relying on it too much before it gets nerfed or smth.

I'm kinda on killers' sides on this.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

As someone who play both sides, i can confirm this. If there are SWFs they are annoying but it doesnt happen that much. (at least no 4 man SWF)

Sometimes i use NOED too but not often. I mean it can be really strong but it can also be a wasted perk slot.

• List_of_concerns

@Fibijean

I absolutely love this: "But relying on the safety net to catch you every single time probably means you're not a very good tightrope walker."

I'm thoroughly amused right now. You've made my day. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Because why wouldn't people use it? It activates in like 95% of the matches anyway so there's barely any risks and it gives easy kills.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171

Change Killer ? Change strategy ? It will be cool to understand rank you have, which build do you have and which killer do you use with that specific build. When i use Freddy (i assume you like Freddy) i never use NOED, neither MORI. To be honest, i never every use MORI and NOED. I was using that ADDON and OFFER the first 40h i was playing Killer side.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

It sounds risky on paper but in reality survivors usually don't even attempt to cleanse all 5 (and why would they in solo queue) so yes it isn't very risky at all in my opinion.

Getting cleansed soon after activation also doesn't happen often enough to make people stop using it.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I hardly ever see it at r1, but I can tell you as a r1 killer if I run a bad character like clown Ill sometimes run noed. The matches are very fast even with a good killer, start running small game and cleansing totems if its that much of a problem for you

• Feiten
    Feiten Member Posts: 204

Oh look another ' I craped my diapers so imma cry about it till it gets changed" thread :D

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

People over state swf, all you need is 4 good survivors that actually do gens and run the appropriate solo que perks. And it hasnt lost until the survivors actually leave. That mentality is exactly why survivors get so upset when a killer camps during end game collapse "but we already won youre not allowed to kill us" ๐Ÿ˜’

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Majority of the community is simply bad. That's in every game. So it's no suprise that you see many killers taking the handhold perk instead of skill and improving.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

You must be low rank then. As a rank 1 killer. Every game I see

3-4 DS

2-3 DH

1-2 UB

2-3 BT

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

You can't say that kill rates haven't plummeted. They haven't released numbers since then.

Ruin was required though for me to have fun. Now 2 gens pop after the first hook and I'm playing from behind in a very stressful game almost every time. If I make one mistake I lose. Survivors get to make several and still pip even if they don't escape. I'm lucky to black pip on a 3k

• SeasonedHunter
    SeasonedHunter Member Posts: 18

The real problem with NOED is it keeps people from getting better with killers. If your still new to the game it's fine. Have fun with it. Sooner or later though, if you want to be a good killer, NOED will need to go. Most skilled killers know this that's why NOED tends to disappear after green ranks.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Killers use NoED because its an equalizer. It lets them kill survivors who are better than they are with less difficulty.

I've found that NoED rarely gets more than one extra kill. Its really not worth it, and killers don't realize they'd be better off NOT running it. Survivors who fear NoED are going to do totems anyway. Survivors who don't, aren't. Yeah, you can then 'punish' them for it, but you'd be better off running another perk to help you out tbqh. Or if you really like the insta-down, then Devour Hope. (Just don't run Devour Hope with NoED. I had to shake my head when a Hag yesterday had both. Before her first down, I cleansed Devour Hope. So that was one perk that did NOTHING for her. I focused on gens after that, then got the 5th one done, and sure enough I found NoED. Cleansed it, and she didn't get any use out of THAT Perk either. So basically she played the whole game with two perks. And I only cleansed two totems. Day before, I had a Ghostface do the same thing. Three of us escaped. I cleansed Devour Hope. Would've cleansed NoED too but found the hatch and jumped inside)

The only problem with NoED is that it can reward lazy play. Killer A can be trying his hardest against a group, get 7 hooks and 0 or 1 kill. Despite playing well, he'll feel like he's lost. Killer B can be lazy and camp the first guy he downs. Then camp the next guy they down until the last gen pops, and downs the last two guys. Despite having less good chases, and not playing as well, Killer B will feel like they've won. Killer A is probably the better player, but Killer B gets better results. And that's kind of a problem.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Put your bias back into the bag. I never said ONLY killers so stop with your bullshit.

• Quol

I'm explaining why people use NOED, there isn't much you can do if 2-3 survivors spawn on a gen and you pick the wrong one to patrol first. Sure you can just switch to one of the top tiers but personally i see it as a problem if a killer is so invalidated at red ranks you need to stop using him. NOED punishes gen rushing causing a slowdown, ether they take the extra time to look/cleanse totems or get heavily punished for it end game, win win for killer.

I only use NOED on Huntress. I'm trying to learn her, and at red ranks that frequently means I get bullied since I got there as Freddy/Demo/GF. NOED is my consulation to at least get a kill so I'm not too sad while I learn Huntress.

• List_of_concerns

Okay... Could you explain why Killers have the exact opposite mentality? "I feel like I'm being gen rushed. All the gens are done before I've killed anyone. I deserve more kills and/or at least one kill."

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

It Is too easy if noed is activated , baby survivors are playing, if noed didn't activated a baby killer is playing

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I see 3-4 DS in every of my killer and survivor matches. I use DS nearly every match myself, because it breaks the momentum of good killers and just makes the endgame easy as f.

Nerf ruin.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

thats odd i see the opposite, i often see 3 DS every match with a mixture of DH,BT,Unbreakable... whats your rank for killer and survivor and platform? as for the NOED case its not a very good perk, just requires your team to get totems which isnt too hard tbh and iv never had a huge isue versing noed killers, its usually used on the more casual killers or people that struggle so they need that help, not to mention its just in endgame so youre versing a 3perk killer 80-90% of the match

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Regardless of rank, nearly every survivor I have come across has held DS.

Can someone tell me the reason behind this?

It's making the game quite boring honestly

I couldn't help myself :P

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Better question: if every killer has NOED, why aren't you breaking the totems?

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

IDK.

But I replaced Small Game with Detective's Hunch, based on seeing so many forum recommendations, and NOED has been non-existent in my matches. Last gen pops off, any last totems are revealed. Easy claps.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Probably because as far as perks go it works, it's solid, and probably the only thing someone without slowdown perks can use. I don't use it because it feels cheap but can't blame people for using it.

• Khallaria
    Khallaria Member Posts: 73

Yeah calling BS on your claim of 1 DS per three matches. Get past grey ranks and say the same thing.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

You can run NOED as your only perk, 4k before NOED activates, and survivors will still ######### on you for running NOED ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.