Light born and camping solutions or ideas, what ever you think

I think light born is a bit over powered. I get the whole point of the perk is to not get blinded but, is survivors can never blind killers with light born and then if you do blind them the recovery speed is faster. I understand like in the lobby if a killer sees all of the survivors with flash lights then light born but, I think it should just be nerfed to balance the game. I’ve been going against camping killers and stuff too, this is not my idea but the idea is to perhaps provide a penalty when killers camp. What do you guys think?

Comments

• xhunterx260
    xhunterx260 Member Posts: 11

Understood, but i feel the maps are still gonna continue to get reworked to fit the killers needs, so light born I think should be nerfed if they continue to try to balance the maps, and camping I feel I a genuine problem, I’m not saying to punish the killers, but your opinion is good.

• xhunterx260

Bait post? Well it’s just an idea and I’ve been going against killers that use it, and if the maps are going to get get more balanced, so it’s an idea but thank you for your opinion

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Killers only run that when they see flashlights in the game, and even then a lot of them still dont 🤷‍♂️

• xhunterx260

Yes sorry I didn’t use the correct words, thanks for correcting me, but yes I stick with my idea, so less pallets and light born don’t mix, I’ve just been going stay light born killers recently 😔

• xhunterx260

No no, flashlight saves are reasonable but, I’m talking about when your at pallets, Since there are less pallets and rank reset really messed me up, I was a rank 5 and got reset all the way to rank 9 now I’m a rank 10 because of camping killers who use light born, even BT or DS don’t help

they just tunnel or eat up DS. So that’s why I had made this post.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

If flashlight saves are reasonable then so is lightborne, this is called balance.

If youre getting camped a lot start being way more careful at tge beginning of the match. Dont start working on a gen till you see the killer is busy with someone else. Get better in chases and at juking. I play survivor all tge time and rarely get camped because of these things (not that im god tier or anything)

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Why does lightborn need to be fixed?

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

A. Even will light born a killer can fill be blinded the time is just increased.

2. Lightborn is the only direct counter perk to flash lights Channing it would give a huge buff to flashlights.

C. Light born does not be work against firecrackers.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited May 2020

I do get what you're saying OP. I use Lightborn on Myers all the time (because you shouldn't be able to blind evil with a flashlight) and it's a hard counter to all but the best flashlights.

Like I can stare directly into the beam and charge at the Survivor brandishing the Flashlight and still won't get blinded. Even if it's a very strong flashlight (Odd Bulb or Intense Halogen on a Utility Flashlight) there's plenty of time to look away before it completes the blind.

That's kinda silly. Unfair maybe, from the Flashlight user's POV.

But it's also one of my only four perks and that's ALL it does. The way I see it, unless someone tries to blind me, I am basically playing Myers with just 3 perks. And if the Survivors are smart once they realize I have Lightborn they won't waste anymore time trying to Blind me.

Considering how easy it is to bait out Flashlight saves or just listen to the footsteps of Survivors that blind at pallets, it feels like a waste of a perk slot. And if I wasn't committed to playing a 'canon' Myers build I probably wouldn't use it.

So I don't think Lightborn needs nerfed. If anything, it and Flashlights should be reworked completely.

Kinda like how Hangman's and Sabotage were; but hopefully with Lightborn becoming more versatile and useful instead of becoming totally useless like new Hangman's Trick.

As for Camping, I think we should reward camped Survivors, not punish Campers.

That way it'll stop people from doing it to grief others (you're giving the campee a free safety pip and bloodloints for distracting you) and Killers that do it for legitimate reasons won't suffer (if you aren't just trying to troll the hooked Survivor I wouldn't see why you'd mind that they'll get rewarded).

• Traslogan
    Traslogan Member Posts: 283

Flashlights are near infinite when used with a semi-decent battery at every pallet.

Killers are already in a position where only a select few are competitive, and whenever we develop a meta it gets crushed (the nurse 'rework' that annihilated her red-rank competitive edge).

Maybe do something about abuse like DS stacking, which defeats the entire point of it being an anti-tunneling perk, hm?

• TheCursedTitan
    TheCursedTitan Member Posts: 177

camping solution: have the entity block killers from survivors who are hooked for a certain radius not ridiculous but a fair distance

• xhunterx260

I literally can’t do anything these killers respect absolutely everything, 360s is out of the question the only chance I have is mind games 😔

• TheCursedTitan

Continuation: when survivor enters radius the entity starts to go down, and what punishments not every killer wants bloodpoints but to just make players day miserable by face camping, it’s between that and SWF which make the game unenjoyable, I play killer I get red rank SWF, I play survivor I get face camping killers

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

Honestly, I'd like to respectfully disagree here. Lightborn is a niche perk used to make one possible item set useless (three items). It's not the best perk, but has one use. You're better off with Franklin's Demise, though, and personally I think it needs a buff more than a nerf.

• TheCursedTitan

Okay you have a fair point, but still the least that could be done is make it so camping isn’t rewarded or just a rework to insidious in general, I’m not gonna say it’s harder as survivor but both sides should be fun, I enjoy playing killer more than I do survivor due to the fact of facecampers, and due to the fact that there are players that do abuse noed, honestly it’s run more frequently than other players think

• TheCursedTitan

Also new idea, a survivor perk similar to distraction, While gaining 4 tokens from being within the killers terror radius but not engaged in chase you can use all 4 tokens to become immune from being grabbed and injured while unhooking a survivor. If you are hooked you lose all tokens but if you are hit you lose one

• TheCursedTitan

You don’t gain all 4 at once btw for anyone saying itd broken

• TheCursedTitan
  • TheCursedTitan

And don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it’s fair for survivors to unhook a survivor right after they’ve been hooked, I’m saying punish the campers who sit there and let 5 gens go by because they want that kill, literally I could get on play solo and get camped by a leather face reving his chainsaw in my face just waiting for someone to unhook me but then everyone does gens and then leaves because of that

• TheCursedTitan

This is true but I feel if this does happen the killer should not get above 10,000 points or pip because of this behavior

• TheCursedTitan

And idk about you but I run deliverance so it’s not only an insult that I get face camped but that I just waisted a perk slot at least if I get face camped and I have deliverance and decisive I could care less

• TheCursedTitan

Still though give the survivors something to combat camping, borrowed time does not cut it anymore, it only works if the killer is with ing a certain radius and if they’re using insidious it’s even worse

• TheCursedTitan

A friend of mine came up with an idea for the perk I was suggesting before he called it Not Dead Yet, it’s not overpowered and you do have to work for it

• TheCursedTitan

@@Entity_Hugs would the perk I suggested be considered unfair?

• TheCursedTitan

It’s only for as long as the survivor is being unhooked, the second they are unhooked they are no longer immune a leatherface chainsaw would down them

• TheCursedTitan

And like I said @Entity_Hugs you do have to work for it

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

The devs pretty much said they will not punish face camping today on the live stream. They may attempt to make it less appealing. Their stance is that if a killer is camping a survivor, the other 3 survivors should be doing gens.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020

Sorry that you can't get your sick flashlight saves for those montages. Basically just get good.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

Hahaha really lightborn????????? I believed that it's the first time that I read it in this forum hahah

• TheCursedTitan

Friend just came up with a name for the perk I thought up earlier The one I said you need 4 tokens in order to be immune from being grabbed or injured while unhooking a survivor he called it Not Dead Yet

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

Double blind is actually good lol, they're giving away their position if they're healthy or have IW, and if they're injured then just follow the moans.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Oh my god.... Asking for lightborn nerf.... Holy #########, well now I've seen everything

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

What's altruistic about unhooking in the killer's face?

• Malon_OoT
    Malon_OoT Member Posts: 34

I think everyone is forgetting that you are in the entities universe, and the entity favours the killer, not the survivors. So its natural the killer is going to have the uphand here. The objective is to survive as survivor however hard it is, those are the trails. And yes this all has to be formed to be balanced for both sides, but its still in the killers favour. Now however the survivors or killers abuse their abilities, if its just the basic knowladge that as killer you can kill therefore you can camp, or as survivor you can drop pallet after pallet then blind after blind, i agree that hast to be balanced. But if you look behind this again my point is stronger, since pallets and flashlights will run out, while your weapon as a killer no. As survivor you just have to learn how to evade the killer, and sometimes yes you have to let your teammates die. But if the killer is camping and it randomly sees that two gens have been completed suddenly, you can apply pressure and maybe it will move out. If not then just abuse that the killer is distracted and just do gens, turn its own weapon against him. And as killer just dont camp, thats all. I mean using crows on the killer could work, since it alerts its position, but its against the fact that the killer is on the entities side. Maybe if the killer is next to some object for to long (gen, hooked person) its position will be revealed to survivors for a while, but that would kinda defeat the purpouse of kindered.

• Inaruslynx
    Inaruslynx Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2020

All I see on this forum is survivors wishing they could cripple killers more and more. Where-as Killers are asking to not get raped by red tier survivor groups. I personally think, this game needs to be balanced from the top down not from the bottom up. There's no hope for low tier killers when the broken MMS puts them against a red tier SWF. It just turns into a gang-bang and that's wrong on so many levels.

There aren't enough killers because they get their ######### pushed in 70% of the time so they quit. Here you guys are asking for the devs to make it so even more killers quit. There are so many core problems that balancing the game almost doesn't even matter.

1) MM sucks and the whole tier system is meaningless

2) SWF (Voice comms) defeats the purpose of many killer perks (that are suppose to deny info to survivors)

3) Major bugs. Some being people getting stuck in the map! Inexcusable.

Survivors control the flow of the game. Killers in the most part just react to the survivors making mistakes. If the survivors are flawless then there is very little the killer can do. The killer might as well not even play. Pretty much you can only play certain killers (ones that counter looping) to even hope to be able to deal with survivors and that's far from a guarantee.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

When someone says Lightborn is overpowered and expects people to fall for that bait

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

You complain about a Perk which requires you to sacrifice a Perk slot. A Perk which doesn't even do that much besides countering only 1 Survivor Item group. It's not overpowered or unfair.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

While i agree that sucks, thats more of bubbas bad design than camping itself. I know there are people who can play bubba normally but i sure as hell cant

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    edited May 2020

Thats whst theyre supposed to do. The killer only got one kill and probably depipped, what more punishment do you want?

Get up into red ranks, you rarely see it there

• TheCursedTitan

I do feel there should be a perk that does cancel camping, that’s all, deliverance obviously won’t work due to the fact if your the first person hooked there’s no point and you can no longer use it which is also a problem that I hope gets fixed due to the fact it’s not overpowered you unhook yourself and your broken for a minute adrenaline doesn’t work with it so at least either give it a buff so you have it at the start or give a perk that cancels camping, cause even two games I did as killer I didn’t camp, I just left and then when they got unhooked smack them back down because when all 4 of them have a flashlight I tend to resort to every dirty trick besides face camping

• TheCursedTitan

Like just face camping, I have no problem with proxy, just face camping by itself is my only problem besides some of freddys insane range which my friend witnessed me get killed by

• TheCursedTitan

I’m not saying cancel it completely but give a chance to fight it, I just went up against a billy that loved to face camp, and we got all the gens done and guess what happens uses his chainsaw to face camp but the minute he saw me open the door he came to me and chased me to areas that had no pallets, which is also another problem, some maps are lucky enough to have 10 or more pallets, considering there’s perks that basically nerf pallets all together why nerf maps that used to have pallets and give us absolutely nothing to work with

• TheCursedTitan

There should be something to combat camping though like a perk you have to work for so less players do it, I’m in red ranks and I still get lobbies with camping killers due to there being no ranking system anymore, I’m tired of losing pips because of this or trying to actually enjoy the game and encounter players that make The game not so much fun anymore

• TheCursedTitan

Like I try and play the game for fun because that’s what they’re about but players like this take that fun away