Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hey devs, can you reduce the grind?

gofu
gofu Member Posts: 133

The amount of grinding you have to do to level up your characters is just insane.

I main killer but I can already see from the post-match lobbies how much time survivors play for only to be rewarded with just scraps, in my average 4k match the survivors rarely pass 20k and the only time in my life I've seen a survivor get a perfect game was when I got friendly to the last 2 survivors and just decided to farm their boldness [pallet stuns and blinds] and let them go.

Bloody party streamers pop up like once in 8 bloodwebs and it really varies from 1 person to another which is stupid, and it's even worse with BP perks [especially BBQ&Chilli which I went for 57 levels with The Oni just to get it, and its still not even at tier 3], and I've prestiged 4 killers now and I haven't seen any bit of improvement within the bloodweb or whatnot.

My ideas:

1- Allow players to sell back items for a third of it's bloodpoint worth, I've seen countless times people having more than 100 of common or uncommon items they just never run because the addon is usually worthless yet continues to pop up non-stop in each bloodweb.

2- Increase the BP cap in each category, from 8k to 12k. Most of the time as killer deviousness and chase points are just maxed out. This also happens even quicker if you decide to run the increased bloodpoints in events addons so I feel like increasing the cap will encourage people to run them more often. [Same thing goes for perks which increase bloodpoint per category].

As for survivor a lot get their objective maxed out quick, and if they're in the red ranks which means they're just looping most of the time their boldness also goes up quick.

3- Do bloodrushes more often, maybe get a bit crazy and up it from 1.5x to 2x. Matchmaking queues are significantly shorter during bloodrush events too so can't go wrong with this idea.

If you've got anything else in mind please drop it down below and I hope they implement something to reduce the grind soon.

Comments

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107

The easiest solution is just removing perk ranks. They are a product of OLD DBD and are not really important. Make 1 rank for every perk, it will reduce a lot of the grind while still keeping a grind if that makes sense

• Smeagolthevile
    Smeagolthevile Member Posts: 175

I second this. DBD's system is built like a system for a game that uses microtransactions to boost bloodpoints, but it doesnt do that. I have no idea why the grind and filler items (I'm looking at you pouches!) HAVE to be taken.

Selling back items would be amazing.

I have also mentioned this in my own thread about the same topic before. BUT you should let killer on either side spend bloodpoints POST MATCH before going back to the lobby to keep the addons and items they used, but only if they earned enough BP in the match.

You could even keep it thematic. 'Burn two offerings to the entity inorder to protect an item/addon/offering of your own' and it requires either 2 of the same rating, 4 of the rating below it, or 6 of the rating below that.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Tbh its not even that grindy. I unlocked everything i needed in like 2-3 week of only survivor play

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

For what it's worth, reducing the grind has been confirmed to be "On The List".

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

It takes about 1.6m xp to hit 50 from level 1. So, for P3 level 50, it's about 6.4m bp. Prior to additional perks being added to bloodwebs, it took about 3m bp to traverse 180 bloodwebs or acquire 60 tier 3 killer perks - there were about 60 killer perks when I did this for ghostface. All in total was roughly 9.4m bp, and I don't know exactly how long that took.

But, soon after leveling ghostface, they added additional perks in bloodwebs, so you could get 60 perks to tier 3 with half the bp after hitting P3 50, or 7.9m bp in total. This could be done in roughly 158 matches using a farming build, assuming you average about 50k bp per match , at around 15 min per match, including lobby time. I don't remember how long it took before, but with the extra perks in the bloodwebs, it took would take about 40 hours of grinding to get enough bp to level a character to P3 level 50 with all perks. If you're pessimistic about those times, if your games average 50k bp, per 20 minutes, you would need 50 hours. Just a little longer.

If you focus on grinding, that's not too bad to max out a character. I imagine that it's even easier, now, with the archives.