The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tutorial needs an update.

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580
edited May 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Okay firstly, we all do not have friends online to play kill your friends with, and sometimes time zones don't help in that manner, can we not have an updated tutorial that lets people practice with the killer, as we keep getting new killers, perks etc it would be nice to learn them without social pressure. Also for survs to practice with some things as well but i think it's more to help people and new people learn.

Comments

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208

Yes this will help new survivors. I would also like to see and practice mode as a killer

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

It seems like the foundation is all there so I'm not really sure why we can't get a practice mode. Even if it's very rudimentary with ######### AI and 1-3 maps it would be a vastly superior way to get a feel for a new killer instead of having to embarrass yourself publicly lol.

The problem is they just don't prioritize that kind of thing because you can't profit from it

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

everything needs an update: report system, tutorial, game definition of "hard and easy killer or survivors"...

• Mushwin

A very good point, but if they are trying to bring in new and more players, hence why a lot of the recent nerfs, like ruin, that was a decision to not send new people away, but i think more new players are now in DBD hence me going against a few baby ones. But the devs need to re do it but i get what you mean.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

The mobile version actually has bots for survivors and killers if the player disconnects mid match. In my experience that AI is pretty bad (especially survivor AI), but it's better than nothing!

And I agree, it's a good point that it would make the game more appealing for new players. My friend won't play DBD because he feels like it's overwhelming at this point and that he'd never be any good. Kind of sad

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

Yeah I would be up for that. Or even if you could just solo into maps to at least become more familiar with the tiles, for both Killer and Survivor :)

But the tutorial does miss out information like falling a big distance staggers you, etc. But I don't know how much the devs are wanting people to figure out as they play.

• Mushwin

The thought was brought up to an earlier post i made, a baby surv had no idea to mend, going new into the game it is difficult.

• Mushwin

Yes, all the killers available to practice with, all perks available as well just so people can have a feel what works best together and practice, i know what you mean about embarrasing yourself, i wish to try do flash light saves without someone thinking whats with this noob. Yes there is survive with friends but it's not the same and well as i said in my original topic of things.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Please, let me practice flashlights!

• skullface
    skullface Member Posts: 2

i think all killers should have there own tutorial ....like nurse teach you where to blink..etc