Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any way, shape or form to dodge certain killer?

Im a killer main but i refuse to wait 30 mins to find a match, so im playing survivor, i have no problem with any killers but Freddy.

Im starting to just literally disconnecting the second i see one, it's so braindeadly overpowered its not even fun to play against. Playing against nurse even if she's good you know you ######### up, but freddy is just not rewarding at all, borrowed time is nearly useless and dream palets are incredibly frustrating to play against. I've never felt like this before, and i've been playing this game since it's release in multiple accounts.

Halp

Best Answer

Answers

• Luminious117
    Luminious117 Member Posts: 10

Freddy is a small character, with a small weapon, this combination makes him harder to avoid his attacks and his lunge appears to be ridiculous to make up for the rest of the killers lunges, so... I have friends from various places in the world and their ping differs greatly, ive learned from them to imagine their character as one killer closer than what I see on my screen, Keep trying to imagine that with him and dodge a little earlier than what you would with the bigger killers. Best I can offer you in regards to advice. if hes camping, make sure youre awake since its the terror radius itself that triggers borrowed time. small game is useful for the pallets and traps. Also dont stare at the gen if youre running from it when he uses his power, chances are youre gonna run right into his loving elongated arms (happens too often when i play him). thought id state all that, i know youve played for as long as you have but didnt know the exact amount of what you know, not calling you a noob or anything just wanted to cover all bases.

• LegionAbuser
    LegionAbuser Member Posts: 31

I know how to counter him, i just dont wanna play against him. Lets put it this way, you can know how to kill someone, but that doesn't mean you wanna do it right?

I didn't know that small game activates on his palets tho, that's some nice info.

For the time being im just gonna keep alt+f4 every time i see one until there is a way to check the killer beforehand, someone told me to read the log or smthing like that, i must check.

Anyway, thanks for your time

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810

There is a way to see which Killer you are facing in the lobby, but it's considered an exploit so I don't think that you are allowed to talk about that in the official forums.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Also, the developers know about it and are already working on fixing it.

• LegionAbuser

I didn't know it was an exploit tbh, just make it a feature already, if im playing killer i can easily dodge swf but if im playing survivor i can't dodge certain killers? What kind of retardery is that.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

If that was the case people would start dodging all killers but clown... and don't forged, that devs made lobbys in such way, that you no more can tell if its swf by the way they are joining.

• LegionAbuser

Bro, u click them, check their steam friends and done, it takes me less than 20 seconds xd.

And no, most killers even if they are a bit frustrating to play against at least they are playable against. Freddy is just completelly broken, those hitboxes are nearly as stupid as a Karen

• LegionAbuser