Any tips on how to play as nurse?

I have every trophy unlocked except for the 3 nurse trophies and I'm struggling bad playing as the nurse. I can't get her blink down and it's extremely difficult to maneuver especially when I get rank 1 and 3 players in my lobby all of the time that troll me so bad and I can't get a single blink hit. She moves too slow and her mechanics are hard to handle.

Comments

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Well... her movement speed is the slowest among all killers (expect burger king myers) and in fact, she is the most frustrating killer to play... also, her achivement to score a grab after 3 blinks is incredibly hard after her rework. You can't blink througth the most of the obstacles, when you have 3 blinks... so for this i would say, try to get on survivors good side.

And when you want eazy nurse game... use matchbox with power recovery. You have only 1 blink, but 110% speed makes you probably the strongest killer in the game (still incredibly frustrating)

When it comes to perks... nurses calling is very strong... so strong in fact, that everyone will expect you to have that... so don't use it (unless you have the game map offering), pop of course is amazing, B&C auras can be eazily used and for the fourth perk i personally run devour.

And don't expect getting hang of the nurse... for me it took like 16 hours before i was able to hit survivors with first blink, without line of sight.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50

It's very dependant on your deduction ability, to be frank. You need to be able to guess or estimate where the survivor is going and when, and to do that you also need to evaluate the playstile of the survivor in question. As someone who doesn't main Nurse, I don't know exactly, but here are some tips and tricks I know from when I do play her for daily rituals.

- A survivor will almost always run to a pallet. If you blink to the other side of the pallet, especially when already hit, it's easy to down.

- Know how to control your blink range! Long blinks are long distance, short blinks are short distance etc. If someone is ahead of you by a few steps, it might be worth your while to wait for the bloodlust rather than blink and swing.

- Don't wait for the gasp! Blink and hit immediately.

- Mind games are your element and map pressure is your toy. Use it to your advantage. Fake a left and strike right, fake around a corner then swing back etc. Cheesy, but they work. Map pressure is harder, because of the blink, but it means you can get to each gen quicker than any other killer in the map. That is a huge advantage for you and a huge disadvantage to a survivor.

- Don't pay attention to 'toxic perks' and whatnot. Barbecue and Chili & A Nurse's Calling are the best perks you can use on her. Aura reading is yours and you have the right to use it.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I can give you a couple more tips in addition to @Lowkeysaurus' great ones above.

Your second blink is short, so don't waste it traversing the map. The time it takes for it to recharge isn't worth the small amount of extra distance, and the fatigue is longer if you use two blinks at once. If you're just trying to get somewhere quickly, like patrolling generators or gates, use one blink and let it recharge before using it again. That way, if you find a survivor, you won't have to wait for both your blinks to recharge before giving chase.

Only hit after a blink if you see a survivor within hitting range - don't do it just in case there happens to be someone there. If you attack after a blink, the post-blink fatigue is slightly lengthened. You have a window of about a second or two to look around after the blink before going into fatigue, so use it to decide whether it's worth going for a hit.

Don't expect to do well right away. Nurse is the strongest killer in the game when played to her full potential, but she has quite a high skill floor, and when you first start playing her you will lose a lot and you will lose badly, so you have to be prepared for that.

For the From The Void She Kills achievement specifically, you'll need the Torn Bookmark add-on. The best way to do it is to find a survivor, injure them, and follow them until they get to a pallet or window vault. Try to use as few blinks as possible while doing this, since you'll need all three once they get to the vault. If it's a pallet, let them drop it, but don't get stunned. Once they reach the vault or drop the pallet, blink to the other side, then back, then to the other side once more, and then swing your weapon at the pallet or vault. With any luck, your blinking back-and-forth will cause the survivor to panic and spam the vault trying to outsmart you, so when you swing at them after the third blink you should be able to grab them off it.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

You should use Plaid Flannel to have visual confirmation of where your Blinks will land. The rest is all up to you really; mainly follow survivor routing until you see how they play vs you: going back on themselves, holding W etc that way your play isn't pure guesswork and is deadly accurate.