If you DC

Comments

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

What about if the killer slugs all four survivors and does not hook anyone and decides to just wait for everyone to bleedout. (Holding everyone hostage in the game longer basically.) And nobody has unbreakable.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

It's not a hostage situation because you will die eventually. It's toxic, but you need to learn to just take a loss.

Another perfect example of enabling this behavior.

• thesuicidefox
    edited May 2020

It's 4 minutes. Less time than waiting for the DC penalty. If you can stand the boredom of waiting for DC penalty you can stand the boredom of waiting to bleed out.

CONCEDING a loss is an entirely different thing. If there was a button that would make you die, not DC, die, that's a concede option. But what we are talking about here is the chess player just getting up from their seat and walking away from the game.

Conceding a game =/= rage quitting. People respect when someone concedes, they don't respect when someone pops off, pulls their controller, and walks out of the venue without even so much as a handshake.

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

I see what you mean. Maybe a team vote to concede on survivor side like in MOBA games would be a good idea.

• thesuicidefox

If you're stuck in the game and the game doesn't end, you can DC. But those kinds of bugs are RARE. Most "I'm stuck bugs" will just mean you die as survivor or everyone escapes as killer. Sucks but it happens.

You said you send "sorry for bad game" messages when they DC. THAT IS CALLED ENABLING. You are just reinforcing bad behavior because now they think it's okay to DC when they have a bad time. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You sympathizing for someone that quits just makes the problem worse.

You want to villianize me for not being sympathetic yet you turn around and enable these people to just quit more and more and more. You see nothing wrong with this? Honestly?

There are legit reasons to DC. Having a bad game is not one of them.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I don't DC but I know how to suicide against an unbalanced and unwinnable scenario. There is certain killers and/or addons that is 100% unwinnable unless you are in a 4man SWF coordinating a genrush, believe me. I am not wasting any time or entertaining anybody when a loss is imminent.

• thesuicidefox
    edited May 2020

Like I said if the "fun" argument were true then people wouldn't be compelled to leave when they are losing. Yet that is the case 98% of the time. The other 2% is actual legit reasons to DC. You can't sit there and tell me people play for fun when they DC at the drop of a hat for the lamest of reasons.

• thesuicidefox
    edited May 2020

"Deciding not to be an [BAD WORD] to someone who DCs is not me enabling anything. "

Yes it is. It is exactly that. If they stayed through the whole game that was obviously frustrating for them THEN you should say "gg sorry for the bad game" or whatever. But when you do this after they DC you are just reinforcing the idea that it's okay to DC if they have a bad time. How can you not see this? It's basic psychology.

And I'm not telling you to be a dbag to people that DC. I'm telling you to not endorse them DC'ing. IDK where you get off thinking I ever said to insult someone for DC'ing. I didn't ever say that. Stop putting words into my mouth.

"I'm not villianizing you. "

But you are. You're trying to insinuate that I'm encouraging people to be a dick to people that DC. No, I'm saying HAVE NO SYMPATHY for them. There is a difference, because if you give them sympathy they will just continue to DC in the future. At the same time I'm not going to sympathize for these players if someone decides to send them a nasty message for DC'ing. They brought it on themselves, first because of the mere act of DC'ing and second because they won't ever get better if they quit when things get tough.

That fact you come out and say "have more empathy for these people that did a bad thing!" is villianizing me. Again I never said be a dick to people. But if you DC I'm not going to hold your hand and feel all bad for you about it or how others end up treating your for your behavior, because you don't deserve it.

Hey look more enabling of DC's.

Seriously you guys need to realize that people that DC are the problem and you won't solve it by encouraging it.

• thesuicidefox

You guys keep bringing this irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with the conversation to make me look like a villain. Read the first post again.

If the game is bugged where you LITERALLY cannot play that is a different story. But nearly ALL DC's are because the person was mad they got outplayed or were about to lose. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THEM.

Both of you continuously misrepresent my argument to make yourselves seem so virtuous for having empathy for people that don't deserve it. Only a small fraction of DC's are for legit reasons. The rest are people salty they lost. Tell me why you would defend this?

• TheOneTrueTristan
    TheOneTrueTristan Member Posts: 85

There's that gamer insight I know and love. The kind of insight that can sniff out all the DCs as merely ragequiting and nothing else. Even the ones that aren't even taking place in his games! He's even got the stats to prove it!

Alright, to be fair, you did include the 5% of burning hardware and dying wives out there. Mad respect for that one.

But let's be reasonable for a minute here, gamer. If a hat drops, what am I supposed to do, not pick it up?! At a certain point, you gotta realize the severity of the situation.

It's funny how I can't say people play for fun when a group of people rage quit on you occasionally. Hysterical, really. Although, I would recommend getting newer material. You can only try and freshen up this "supreme gamer" routine for so long before your bits end up becoming stale.

• thesuicidefox

It's pretty easy to tell when someone DC's because they got outplayed or about to lose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. I've seen killers DC when they were winning, pretty sure those aren't salty ragequits. But when I pallet save someone and then the killer loses track of them and 2 gens pop and they stop moving, you can BET that is a ragequit.

"It's funny how I can't say people play for fun when a group of people rage quit on you occasionally."

When people rage quit after getting outplayed, they can't say "muh fun" as an argument. That's pure salt and you know that. If people played for fun they wouldn't care so much about losing that they leave the game the moment things start going downhill.

• thesuicidefox

If you rage quit because you are salty you lost then you don't deserve sympathy.

How is this statement so hard to misconstrue?

I never villainized them. I never said "send these people hate messages they are awful people". I merely said that they don't deserve sympathy, like the kind you give them because "they had a bad game" for the sole reason that it simply encourages them to DC any time they are losing.

But then you come in here, misrepresent my argument ENTIRELY and say I should have more empathy for players that behave badly. So yea, it's a little offensive when you are doing to me what I'm not actually doing to other people.

Almost like you have some kind of agenda against me in particular. Then you get others to rally against me. Sounds like bullying, does it not? Where is your empathy now?

• thesuicidefox

Fair enough, I take it back. Like I said to someone else though, if it's a literal GAME BREAKING bug then it's not a cop out. But people will use ANY excuse to DC, so if they get stuck for a few seconds or experience a minor amount of lag and DC, THAT is the cop out. And when you sympathize for every little thing that happens to a player they will find more and more reasons to DC. Give an inch they take a mile. That is the problem here, and when 99% of DC's are clearly from losing/being outplayed then it's a valid argument to say "deal with it" because otherwise you just enable this bad behavior to continue. No every bug is game breaking, and in fact majority of them are not. And don't take that as "it never happens" because that's not what I'm saying.

And again I never mentioned any of this in my first post. I'm talking most strictly about people that DC because they are losing. IDGAF how much it sucks, if you DC because you are losing then you should get no sympathy.

The reason I replied to you as I did is because you misconstrue my entire argument. You put words into my mouth about things I wasn't even referring to. This isn't the first time you've done this either. It's been an ongoing thing. I say one thing, you twist it and say I said some other thing or bring up something irrelevant to the conversation. Respond to the actual arguments people make.

• thesuicidefox

"Makes it out like I'm defending ragequits when I'm simply telling you not every DC is necessarily due to someone's irrational phobia of a poor results screen."

Except that's exactly what it is almost every time and that you can easily tell that. The amount of people that DC for legit reasons is VERY VERY LOW.

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115

I think it's nice that we have DC penalties in a pandemic where everyone is using their internet. Just got DDOS'ed by some angry kids and now I'm facing a DC penalty. Oh, your internet hiccuped? Guess your waiting 30 minutes. Ahhh ok, so you didn't mean to click outside of your game and then click back only to accidently hit the X button to close said window... Guess you can play it again in about 2 hours... A DC penalty is nice, a progressing DC penalty isn't. Please at the very least bring this stuff to light and help these admins know that after being disconnected for real 2-3 times in 24 hours I'm not ok with waiting 30 minutes to an hour to play one game and neither should you all.

Am I saying I want actual dc's to to unpunished? No, they deserve to be punished. But we don't if it's a legitimate issue with our service provider or systems

• TheOneTrueTristan

And ya know what, I'd agree with you if it weren't for your dismissive replies to people telling you they DC every so often due to anything other than a life-threatening incident. Hits close to home as someone whose best available option due to where I live is a max 10 Mb in a household where I'm not the only person using the internet. Occasionally my green ping from the pregame lobby turns to a consistent red ping indicator finding a home at the top left of my screen before I find the first survivor.

• thesuicidefox

TBH you shouldn't be playing games online if your connection is that bad. Harsh but your just ruining the game for everyone you play with.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

A decent internet connection is a requirement for online games just as much as any piece of hardware.

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69

It's like a slug: get a salty and they're gone, Withered away.

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

Im sorry what? Its cowardly to leave the game only if its an emergency? Are you a teacher? I paid as much money as you for this game and if something happens like it starts lagging or framerates im going to leave. Thats actually sad you think like that

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

Yup, im gonna close out the game before grabbing a fire extinguisher, lol

• dollidahlia

Please. Never be in my lobby ever. I mean ever. Espically since you take the game this seriously i really hope this is just a bait.

• thesuicidefox
    edited May 2020

I take the game seriously to the point that I'm not going to quit because I'm a sore loser. That's something children do.

Likewise I don't want you in my lobby if you are going to DC when you get downed in the first 20 seconds of the game by a killer you don't like only to blame it on something else to avoid admitting you got outplayed.

The fact you paid money doesn't give you the right to ruin the game for other people. I paid money for it too you know.

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163

I d/c or go AFK when I get dedicated. Not sure why should I play vs a cheater (yeah lag is an unfair advantage). One of the best ways to deal with cheaters in every game is to make them bored.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
  • LegionAbuser
    LegionAbuser Member Posts: 31

If you're playing pink addon huntress you can bet your ass that im gonna alt+f4 :)

• dollidahlia

You in my lobby already ruined my game. You're not going to dicdate what i do unless you force me to go afk. If i got something to do i got something to do, life is way more important than this game. Do me a favor and hush mode

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138

He should've tested that monitor in one of the millions of single player games out there. No excuse. No sympathy.

• TheOneTrueTristan

If my internet goes haywire, I quit for the day as to not affect anyone else's gameplay. The connection's enough to keep me at 80 ping for majority of my games, but there's always gonna be the pregame lobby where I see my 300 ping and call it a day.

• TheOneTrueTristan

Funny, I'm still able to start the game up, even with my relatively subpar internet. Guess the requirement's pretty loose.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's almost like the lobby isn't the actual online multiplayer game or something.

• TheOneTrueTristan

#########, really?

I've just been downing and hooking survivors in the lobby?! Talk about innovative game design!

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Write down DCers gamertags, they are up for tunneling/facecamping! When I play survivor and these people ruin my game I will pay them back as killer if I get the chance.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2020

i dc when i get boosted teamamtes or when the killer is hitting from china (not always but sometimes i do if the first reason is fullfiled and we are losing because im literally doing 2 to 3 gen chases and no one is doign anything, to that point ill dc, thats the reason why i dont play solo anymore)

from killer? i never dc as killer except if someone is hacking.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Just say no to DCing

• thesuicidefox
    edited May 2020

Suck it up and just play. Is it really that big of a deal if your frame rate is dropping or you are lagging to finish a game? I had a game about 2 weeks ago where I got stuck hooking someone as Billy. I would have won that game. But I didn't DC I just went AFK until they all left which was about 3 minutes (less than the time of the DC penalty), plus I got to keep my BP and credit for my dailies. IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. Just stay in the game and take the L. Leaving like that is honestly just an excuse to avoid feeling like you lost. "I didn't actually lose that game, I had bad frame rate/lag and DC'd so it doesn't count. My EGO is still intact." That's basically what's happening.

This besides the fact that, as I've mentioned, 98% of DC's are because the person is salty they lost. The amount of people that DC for technical or real life issues is FAR OUTPACED by the amount of people that DC because they are mad they got beat. And by saying "well these are legit reasons to DC" just enables people to DC even more for similar but less extreme reasons. Give an inch they take a mile.

Yea when you get 5 games in a row where the killer DC's when they got outplayed it's a little ridiculous. Then people here DEFEND THIS BEHAVIOR like seriously? There is no reason to defend these people. Legit unbelievable you guys support them. No wonder this game has such a massive issue with DC's despite penalties.

• thesuicidefox

Pre-game lobby that's fine. But if you go into a game and suddenly your ping drops, just play out the game else you are ruining the game for 4 other people. Sorry but your fun does not surpass the fun of 4 other players.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Classic example of "I don't feel the need to do it, so you shouldn't do it either!"

• thesuicidefox

More like "stop being a child and learn to take a loss".

The amount of people in this thread defending DC's is baffling.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

If my internet suddenly drops and I have a ping of 400, you can bet your ass I'm DCing. If I get a bug that prevents me from playing how I want to then you can bet I'm DCing.

It's a game, I'm meant to have an enjoyable experience and if technical or game errors is getting in the way of that then I will DC. It's not me "rage quitting" or "trying to not lose". If I'm not having an enjoyable experience then I'm going to DC and fix that problem.

• JereBear
    JereBear Member Posts: 30

I personally DC for a very small amount of reasons.

1. AFK Killer. Sorry it's boring and not worth my time. I'm here to test my skills not be handed a win.

2. If there is a legit emergency like someone is going to the hospital, or something like that.

3. If everyone is AFK. Rare but it's happened to me a few times since I started in 2018. If I can't play a match because no one else is doing anything? Bye.

4. When the game DCs me. This has been happening a lot since the newest update... don't know why. I went from September of last year when it came out for switch until this past month without a single forced DC and now suddenly im getting enough to get a thirty minute ban? Ouch. (I legitimately stopped playing for three days)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

yes, my game crashing or me getting stuck due to a bug means I have to “take the L”.

I have to go do something important like help my father out with something important so I have to DC means I have to “take the L”

If I cannot play the game because the match is unplayable like rubber band or immense lag that is not in my control that means I have to “Take the L”

let me tell you something real quickly. THIS BLOODY GAME IS FAR FROM COMPETITIVE, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY THIS GAME IS GONNA BE AS CASUAL AS IT GETS. Rank literally means nothing right now, the glitches are practically enough to where it just isn’t fun. Nobody can control if they are forced to leave a game or not, it just happens.

The DC penalty exists to help with this, if you have to do something the penalty won’t punish you whatsoever. I’ve had matches as killer where someone DC’d and I still got rekt’d so don’t try to hit me with the echo chamber of “3v1 isn’t fair” and before the match cancel was added I won as survivor in a 2v1 situation.

This is coming from a veteran at this game, I have played both sides equally ever since I joined this community.

and before you try and hit me with the “How is this game unplayable” thing

I’ve found this to be more playable

DBD right now is in its worse state I have seen since the lunar year event for Hound huntress and Jacket David, people will be forced to DC.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I saw a comment on youtube i like, ontop of the normal DC penalty, all earned bloodpoints should go to the other side, survivor looses all earned bloodpoints toward the killer and killer looses his bloodpoints to the 4 survivors

• thesuicidefox

So then it's totally fine you screw up that "enjoyable experience" for 4 other players instead of just toughing it out for what, 10 minutes AT MOST before fixing it?

Talk about selfish.