Anyone else disappointed ?

Options
Kyle1234
Kyle1234 Member Posts: 24

I am sure Silent Hill fans are happy and should be but in my opinion this is a let down.

They hyped this up as if we are getting someone like Jason. I am sure it will be a fine chapter but they really overhyped this.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I find this to be more fascinating

• Kyle1234
    Options

@2ndBusiestmusicnerd he could be! I never played the games either I have seen the movie tho.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

If he doesn't rip the survivors skin off as his Mori, yes i'll be dissapointed

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

We can hope, but straight up, Jason is never going to happen, and we should keep assuming that until some news about that legal hell has been reported. I'm very hyped for this chapter.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Konami really knows how to advertise their upcoming products, I'll give them that much.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

I'm disappointed with the perks but the killer seems very very strong

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

The same disappointment like when Stranger Things hit the light of day. I really hoped they will get some "ICONIC" character. A game crossover is far away from an "ICONIC" horror character for me.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options
  • Kyle1234
    Options

@iceman you are right it is fun to speculate when we get new killers and I think myself like many others got fixated on the fact that they said "iconic". So when it wasn't the killer I thought was iconic it felt like a let down.

I am sure it will still be fun tho

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

I'm sure many are upset, myself included.

• Kyle1234
    Options

@Unicorn right!! I heard about that happening that's why I was shocked it would come to dbd.

• Kyle1234
    Options

@IronKnight55 it is disappointing for sure but I am still gonna give it a chance

• Real_Cheesus
    Real_Cheesus Member Posts: 20
    Options

TBH Nothing sounded more generic and cookie-cutter as Jason. Iconic? Sure. Interesting? Not at all. He's just another big hack-slashy guy like Myers and Trapper. I was hoping for anyone but him (I would have preferred Pennywise but Pyramid looks hype)

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I did love the silent hill games, so i'm not disappointed.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

A lot of people, especially the younger generation has never even heard of silent Hill. I mean it's cool for that crowd I guess, but I was hoping for someone more iconic like Alien, Nosferatu, Pinhead, etc. Didn't want Jason though, so that's a big +. Wasn't he a lot bigger in the silent Hill franchise?? It's mini me pyramid head! 😂

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options
  • gofu
    gofu Member Posts: 133
    Options

candyman hardcore fans explain to me what the power would have been.

Shoots bees at the survivors? That's the doctor.

Wait, the bees actually intoxicate the survivors. That's the plague.

The bees swarm the survivors causing them to slow down. That's the clown.

Plus in all honesty we can agree more people have heard of silent hill rather than "Candy Man", especially around the globe as a whole.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Silent Hill and Pyramid Head are pretty iconic. I know you're thinking specifically in terms of movies, but when you look at the horror game landscape, that's pretty top-tier. Horror games are meaningful and can be classics in the same vein as any other type of media! And yeah, Behaviour never really hyped anything or gave any hints or misleading teasers. That was all down to the usual rampant baseless community speculation.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Stop announcing things! If you can't please everybody at once then what's the point?! 🥵

• Kyle1234
    Options

@Rydog couldn't agree more I never took into consideration other video games.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

God no. This is my best case scenario. Not only do I love him, his powers and perks sound awesome.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Silent Hill is the best thing they could have gone for. Candyman, Pennywise, and Jason are all trash.

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95
    Options

What a ridiculous way to grasp at straws with what his power would be, lol.

One of the most hyped horror films of the year was Candyman. I gurantee if you walk up to most people they'd know who candyman is before pyramid head. Silent Hill hasn't had a hit game since arguably 3 dropped.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hell no, I'm really excited for this. Pyramid Head is far more terrifying than Candyman imo.

I think it's amazing that they're adding iconic killers from video games rather than just movies. It's a nice change.

Post edited by Owlzey on
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

'Release the dogs or the bees or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you' - Homer Simpson

I agree that pyramid head is probably more iconic than candyman overall. I'm not a big fan of the film anyway but on the other hand I never played silent hill back in the day either. So not to fussed either way.

I'll have to read up on the characters lore and maybe get an old copy of the game to check it out. I find the traffic cone head a lil silly.

As much as I love the alien franchise I don't see how a xenomorph fits into the sacrificing things to the entity theme either.

I'd still like to see Hannibal Lecter make an appearance one day. Although we already have one cannibal.

• Gocee
    Gocee Member Posts: 16
    Options

I think this is a really nice edition to the game. They already said that they aim for the classics when it comes to licenses to be more associated with the horror genre. I'm sure that they have plenty of other licenses on their wishlist but for now I'm looking forward to whatever they bring out <3

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

Let's be honest, they basically gave the leak by how they did the 4. The problem with people being "disappointed" is they over hyped it themselves. Not the devs.

• LetsPlayTogether
    Options

Game characters arent Iconic in common sense. They just broke another rule. First they broke with "human" killers, now they break with "Iconic horror characters". They just take random characters, they want to ruin their own made up identity for more Cash.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

I am not disappointed at all. I love horror in general. While I’m ashamed to say I’ve never played Silent Hill, I have seen the movies. And I don’t think anything was “hyped up”, all the hype came from random speculations from people not affiliated with the game developers or staff.

I would have been equally excited for Candyman, those of you who claim no one knows him, just tell us you’re too young to know him next time; absolute classic original horror franchise. I wouldn’t want Jason, we couldn’t even have him in out game without deleting Trapper. I wouldn’t want Pennywise, we already have a Clown. I wouldn’t want Chuckie...could you imagine the FOV issues you’d encounter?? “I can’t see the survivors working on the generator right in front of me, a blade of grass is concealing them!”.

I’m overall psyched for the Silent Hill chapter, please wait at least a month for proper testing before nerfing or buffing anything!

• LetsPlayTogether
    Options

You will never find a game character in a Iconic Horror character list. Never. And I dont care what gamers think, cause its not the same context.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I'm sorry a VIDEO GAME gets another iconic VIDEO GAME horror character.

:^)

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

nope, this is what this game was lacking

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

actually better then I expected

I legit was waiting for the worst that it was gonna be candyman

been playing pyramid head and he is soo much fun and strong

not a fan of any of the new perks tho

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Not gonna lie, Pyramid Head is badass and I would take that over Candyman any day. So eh.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

Right? And yet some people want that trash bee man that no one has ever heard about lmao

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376
    Options

I think pyramid head is pretty iconic and will fit in well with the DBD cast. If you are all twisted up about him having been from another horror game franchise then just pretend the game didn't exist and watch the movie instead. He's still the ultimate badass in the film

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I very happy with this one.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

I am hyped and I am not a Silent Hill fan

Pyramid Head is a cool, that is why I am hyped

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

The fact that it isn't Pennywise, Xeno, Candyman, or Jason is the reason why I'm excited. Even more so now that there is a Killer with a base power that defeats hook perks.