Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What should i do?

jiguiri
jiguiri Member Posts: 124

ok so i play on ps4 but i will be switching to pc soon. I plan to buy the tome that is live right now but wonder if its a waste of money since i will move to pc. So i have 3 options. I could buy the tome and the new chapter but i wont have them when i move to pc, not buy the tome and lose the chance of ever getting those items that i like. Or buy the tome on ps4 and wait till cross transfer is a thing so i can transfer my ps4 account to pc ( i think this is the best choice but it will take a long time before they add that. And im oretty sure they will add it in the future ) what should i do?

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I have three questions, which will hopefully help you to decide.

First, are you ever going to use your PS4 account again after transferring? If the answer is yes, I would say definitely buy the pass.

Secondly, what things on the pass are you interested in? We've been told that most of the content from each Rift will eventually arrive in the Store, so if it's just one outfit or two you might want to consider just buying them on PC when that happens. But if you're like me and owning exclusive rewards is important to you even if you never use them, I'd get the pass.

Thirdly, on a related note, imagine the worst-case scenarios and think about which one would make you feel worse. Would you rather buy the pass on PS4 and then never use the content because cross-progression never happens, or not buy the pass, miss out on the content and then be kicking yourself if cross-progression gets implemented later?

• Epicu2
    Epicu2 Member Posts: 46

I'm not sure if it's possible (because I haven't tried), But if you can, you should transfer your account to PC. That's what I'd do.

• Fibijean

It's not possible at the moment, and although there has been speculation about the feature being introduced in the future, nothing has been officially confirmed. That's why OP is concerned about whether or not he will be able to transfer his progress to PC if he buys the Rift Pass on PS4.

• jiguiri

They did mention something about cross progression in the livestream so maybe it will be a thing later on down the road

• jiguiri

Ima asnwer all thw questions you added here

1. Ofcourse i would use the accouny. I would be transfering it to pc where i would play most so yes i would use it

2. Im interested in most of the rift because i want to play kate when i get her and i play huntress and legion. So getting the rift and some of the outfits wont hurt, plus with the elftover cells i could buy the biker kate coametics, parts of it atleast.

3. It would make me feel worse if i missed out on the content in the rift than buying it in ps4 and then not being able to use it if cross transfer isnt a thing.

If cross transfer isnt a thing ill probably just buy thr silent hill chapter on pc since its basically my childhood and looks really cool. Amd apart from that i probably would nit buy anything else on pc if cross transfer isnt a thing.

Thanks for the help amd sorry if there are some grammar errors

• Fibijean

For the first question, I meant more would you still play the game on PS4 if you couldn't transfer your progress to PC. But given your answer to the third question, I would definitely say you should buy the pass. As you said, they did mention cross-progression in the stream so hopefully that will be a reality for you at some stage.

• jiguiri

Well to answer the first question properly now i would say no because the game is very weird on ps4. Since its a port its not really ment for psr so sometimes it plays weird but if it wont let me transfer my progress i probably would just play on ps4 still and just maybe create a new account for pc