Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Punish camper killers!!

oseacomopollo
oseacomopollo Member Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Some ideas when a killer is near by the hooked survivor like 15 meters arround it could be ONE of this punishments:

1. Reduce killer walking speed
  2. Reduce killer damage
  3. Reduce killer angle vision
  4. Reveal aura of camper killers for all remaning survivors
  5. Increase generator fixing speed for all survivors
  6. Reduce blood points for killer
  7. Deactivate perks to killers
  8. anythign else

when a killer is camping a hooked survivor makes the game almost unplayable

Post edited by oseacomopollo on

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Tsulan please, come xDD
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    How about no? The killer is already punished for camping a survivor at the beginning (all the gens get done and killer only gets a 1k game.) However, it would usually be stupid for the killer to NOT camp after the exit gates are powered.
  • oseacomopollo

@Killigma said:
    Or you could just do gens and win while the Killer is stuck with a 1k game and no bloodpoints?

I agree with the killer being more powerful, if not noybody will play as killer but the problem is if the killer is camping a hooked survivor and dies the 3 remaining players will be able to fix 2 or 3 gens maybe with a extremlly good luck 4 of them. so, the killer only have to do is walk by the remaining gens making almost impossible to finish the fifth. . the only way to win is with a volunteer sacrifice so the last survivor finds the hatch.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

NO U

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@Killigma said:
    Or you could just do gens and win while the Killer is stuck with a 1k game and no bloodpoints?

I agree with the killer being more powerful, if not noybody will play as killer but the problem is if the killer is camping a hooked survivor and dies the 3 remaining players will be able to fix 2 or 3 gens maybe with a extremlly good luck 4 of them. so, the killer only have to do is walk by the remaining gens making almost impossible to finish the fifth. . the only way to win is with a volunteer sacrifice so the last survivor finds the hatch.

I am guessing you're playing at low ranks? A half decent team with thumbs can bang out 4/5 gens before the hooked player struggles out and dies. If the Killer can get a 3k while camping every kill the issue is your team and/or how you play, sorry but no Killer should manage that otherwise.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Tsulan said:
    @Vietfox at your service. 

Punishing campers by increasing the hook time has been tested and was heavily abused. 

If the killer camps, do gens. Yeah it sucks. 
    Try equipping kindred and borrowed time.
    Glad i can count on you. I might be a survivor main, but some complaints are just... Lets say "that" xD
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Vietfox said:
    @Tsulan said:
    @Vietfox at your service. 

Punishing campers by increasing the hook time has been tested and was heavily abused. 

If the killer camps, do gens. Yeah it sucks. 
    Try equipping kindred and borrowed time.
    Glad i can count on you. I might be a survivor main, but some complaints are just... Lets say "that" xD
    No problem ;)
    I'm not a killer main, even if it looks like. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Tsulan said:
    No problem ;)
    I'm not a killer main, even if it looks like. 

Reasonable Survivor mains sound like Killer mains to unreasonable Survivor mains, just like moderates sound like extremists to extremists.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Or...Heres a more cruel and simple solution.

If a killer is reported camping, then for 24 hours, every lobby said "camping killer" makes, will have a warning in their lobby (that survivors will be able to see) that says "CAMPER WARNING this killer has been reported a camper be cautious". (IT WILL NOT say what killer the person was playing as, just that they have been reported)
    This will warn survivors that the killer they are about to play against is or might be a camper and they can choose to leave the lobby to save time ,avoid toxicness, and just avoid someone with no skill.
    A way to shorten the timer is to play matches without camping.

This is much better then getting temporaryily banned, because then you can still play the game, but you have that little warning floating around warning people for 24 hours, everyone might not even play with you.

(there should be acception though of needing to do some daily rituels, but only that much)

NOTE: SURVIVORs if this did come in the game, we need to not abuse it honestly there is a difference between camping and just near by.

I know lobby dodging is annoying, and yes should be punushed in some way. but some people do it to avoid the high ping rate, or because their friend was kicked. but even so dodging to many lobbies should be able to be punished.

The gap between "killers are weaker then survivors" is slowly closing, and at this point I'm starting to see from watching vids and my own personal experience as survivor and killer, you can win weather you die or escape/kill someone or have most of the group escape you. And its my belief now that some people just suck at the game, and don't realize that loosing is okay.

GIT GUD

Killers and survivors.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@BLUE_APE said:

If a killer is reported camping, then for 24 hours, every lobby said "camping killer" makes, will have a warning in their lobby (that survivors will be able to see) that says "CAMPER WARNING this killer has been reported a camper be cautious". (IT WILL NOT say what killer the person was playing as, just that they have been reported)
    This will warn survivors that the killer they are about to play against is or might be a camper and they can choose to leave the lobby to save time ,avoid toxicness, and just avoid someone with no skill.

This is much better then getting temporaryily banned, because then you can still play the game, but you have that little warning floating around warning people for 24 hours, everyone might not even play with you.

(there should be acception though of needing to do some daily rituels, but only that much)

NOTE: SURVIVORs if this did come in the game, we need to not abuse it honestly there is a difference between camping and just near by.

I know lobby dodging is annoying, and yes should be punushed in some way. but some people do it to avoid the high ping rate, or because their friend was kicked. but even so dodging to many lobbies should be able to be punished.

The gap between "killers are weaker then survivors" is slowly closing, and at this point I'm starting to see from watching vids and my own personal experience as survivor and killer, you can win weather you die or escape/kill someone or have most of the group escape you. And its my belief now that some people just suck at the game, and don't realize that loosing is okay.

GIT GUD

Killers and survivors.

it would have to be multiple reports of camping because just one could be a triggered survivor.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@BLUE_APE said:

GIT GUD

Killers and survivors.

it would have to be multiple reports of camping because just one could be a triggered survivor.

OOOoooH yeaaaaaahhh!! I knew I forgot something thanks for reminding me

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    BLUE_APE said:

GIT GUD

Killers and survivors.

Terrible idea. MLGA started good, with a list of lag switching killers. But then the list got amplified by other things and in the end it black listed Freddy players.
    Your idea would end the same way. People get salty when they lose. This system would be spammed with false positives. Killer dared to look at the hook from a distance of 30 meters? Face camper!
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Tsulan said:
    Terrible idea. MLGA started good, with a list of lag switching killers. But then the list got amplified by other things and in the end it black listed Freddy players.
    Your idea would end the same way. People get salty when they lose. This system would be spammed with false positives. Killer dared to look at the hook from a distance of 30 meters? Face camper!

Indeed. Any idea that automatically punishes people for reports is a bad idea.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Btw, punishing camping has been tried already and never became a thing because survivors abused it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    If you want killers to step away, maybe you should be asking the Dev's to install some rewarding incentives. Stop yelling its unfair and I want it easier. If you really want community ideas implemented, both sides should be backing it. I doubt the community will ever back something that grinds one side to the ground. Instead throw out some idea that intise the killer to leave. There will always be an instance where camping is viable, but this can be cut down if it is the least appealing option.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    edited September 2018

@oseacomopollo said:
    Punish camper killers when they have a survivor on a hook. some ideas when a killer is near by the hooked survivor:
    2. Reduce killer damage
    8. anythign else

they should just remove the ability to move in game if the killer is in the raidus of a hooked survivor for more than a milisecond and for however long the killer is near the hooked survivor that time is tripled and they cant move for that long after the survivor is saved

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The problem are games like the 2 last i played as killer. at the end, i was accused of camping, but all 3 survivors were flogging around the hook. Where the heck should i go to catch survivors if they are all by the hook? And getting reportet for that? Seriously, if that option exists, people will misuse it.
    Another survivor said he give me a bad rep on steam just because he was the last survivor, and i chased him, and managed to pick him out of the hatch... yeah, i am totaly sure noone would abuse a reporting system.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018

Punish camper killers when they have a survivor on a hook. some ideas when a killer is near by the hooked survivor:
    2. Reduce killer damage
    8. anythign else

9. Give survivors gun
    10. Allow survivors to
    perform T-bag mori on killer
    11. lag switch killer
    12. Hit killer with a bus
    13. Ban killer
    14. DDOS killer
    15. Have killer shamed on forums 
    16. Allow Survivors to taze killer
    17. Give killer a permanent blinded status effect
    18. Erase killer’s game progress
    19. Revoke killer’s ability to win
    20. Allow survivors to teleport and exit hatch
    21. Notify killer that he picked the wrong house fool. 

im sorry but this is ridiculous. No to everything. 
  • oseacomopollo

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    oseacomopollo said:

2. Reduce killer damage

8. anythign else

1. Give survivors gun
    9. Allow survivors to
      perform T-bag mori on killer
    10. lag switch killer
    11. Hit killer with a bus
    12. Ban killer
    13. DDOS killer
    14. Have killer shamed on forums 
    15. Allow Survivors to taze killer
    16. Give killer a permanent blinded status effect
    17. Erase killer’s game progress
    18. Revoke killer’s ability to win
    19. Allow survivors to teleport and exit hatch
    20. Notify killer that he picked the wrong house fool. 

im sorry but this is ridiculous. No to everything. 

the idea its just one of them. no all of them

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

If they could punish by the killer being near, it’d work as long as fail safes are there to prevent simply defending the hook from triggering a rebuff. And from said debug null being visible, this alerting the killer to absurvivor meant for free. Basically, it’s a whole ‘nother world of ######### that spaghetti code can’t handle right now.

So what’s the appropriate answer to to “devs stop camping”?

NO U

• aras1377
    aras1377 Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2018

if someone is about to get punished it shouldn't be the killer , it should be survivors.
    because its annoying when survivors trying to camp and wasting time ,for your idea, I think they should make an option for a hooked survivors to break free somehow , that way survivors could have a chance to win , but like this , survivors have no chance to win because killer can easily knock them down without hooking them and then take his\her time to hook them one by one , i think the game is not balanced yet , they could just make it easy for all of us and add sandbox mode to setup our own servers depending on how good we are at this game

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Killigma said:

Problem is unless you're SWF that's not going to happen. I solo did two gens during a camp and the other two were just lurking at the hook until sac stage and tried to save at the last minute only to get grabbed themselves.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Guess what buddy? The devs said it themselves that it’s built into the game. 

So cry, cry some more. :) 
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@purebalance said:

@Killigma said:

Problem is unless you're SWF that's not going to happen. I solo did two gens during a camp and the other two were just lurking at the hook until sac stage and tried to save at the last minute only to get grabbed themselves.

It is possible to happen. While those two "team mates" got grabbed you continued to do gens, or hunt for the hatch. Granted, with a team like that they are making it easier on the Killer for at least 3k, but if every Survivor learnt that doing gens is the best "######### you camper" then camping would be less common.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

GUYS WAIT A MINUTE "Run and Gets Popcorn" OK YOU CAN CONTINUE NOW