Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is rank reset still a thing?

Rank reset is literally the worst part about this game. I have never heard a single person with anything positive to say on the subject. Why can it not be every 3 months? Once at the start of every chapter?

Comments

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    shyguyy said:

Rank reset is literally the worst part about this game. I have never heard a single person with anything positive to say on the subject. Why can it not be every 3 months? Once at the start of every chapter?

Ooooh I absolutely LOVE THIS IDEA! Yes Please! 👍👍👍👍😍❤️
  • BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Rank is pointless to be honest.
    Like seriously, there is no reward for it, and I've seen what wanting to get higher up in ranks does to people.
    I think the devs should just remove it all together, as it is a source of salt toxicness, and rage.

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 333
    It's good to have a break from rank 1 for a few days. I've never complained about rank reset, maybe rather about ranks. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I don't mind the reset other than i think for people that don't have a lot of time getting that rank 1 achievement is pretty much impossible. Having it reset say every 2 months instead of every month might be nice.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@shyguyy said:

You are a survivor main, right?
    Because survivor like to be high ranks, because even without SWF they have a better chance of good teammates and better chance to survive and bully the killer.
    But for killer it is a pain in the rear to be at high ranks.
    Without the regular rank reset my guess is, must killer would just stop playing. completely.
    Enjoy your lobby time than. :P

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@shyguyy said:

Because rank 1 is too easy to reach

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    Wolf74 said:

@shyguyy said:

You are a survivor main, right?
    Because survivor like to be high ranks, because even without SWF they have a better chance of good teammates and better chance to survive and bully the killer.
    But for killer it is a pain in the rear to be at high ranks.
    Without the regular rank reset my guess is, must killer would just stop playing. completely.
    Enjoy your lobby time than. :P

I do not enjoy bullying low rank killers nor do I enjoy smashing baby survivors. I would rather they do away with ranks completely, or adopt some sort of system similar to league of legends or overwatch but I’d settle for 3 month resets. 
  • shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    I guess rank isn’t directly related to skill, more time than anything but at least at high ranks you are more likely to have killers that know when to break pallets or survivors who don’t hide in lockers half the game.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@shyguyy said:

If for 3 months I had to wait 10 minutes for a match I would most likely leave this game and not return.
    Rank reset is the only time on console I can have fun as nothing happens at rank 1.
    I'd rather rank was removed.

• jmaximo93
    jmaximo93 Member Posts: 122

I don't think they'll remove ranks, but maybe make them harder to earn? As a solo survivor, I can hit rank 1 after reset in a couple of days and finding matches is difficult. Maybe require it to be 10 pips instead of 5 and extend the reset to 3 months? Maybe I'm wrong.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    I look forward to rank resets because I get tired of facing red rank survivor mains. Pro Loopers, survivors that know the location of all the totem spawns, skill check Masters blasting out gens one after another. It's no fun for me. I take cotes advice and play other games it's so unfun. Month rank resets allows me to enjoy games part of every month instead of deranking to a point I can casually play
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

For a rather long time now, I play less DBD, because I hate the red ranks.
    I start playing a few days AFTER rank reset to give all the tryhards a headstart and I stop playing when I reach to high of a rank to enjoy playing killer.
    Not because I do not like a challenge or I refuse to "git gud", just because the high ranks are just to survivorsided by the gamemechanics itself.
    Why should I enjoy playing a game rigged against me?
    If the rank reset would take longer, I would just play even less… and I think the Devs now that and that's why they reset every month.