The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Spirit with tier 1 Myers base movement speed.

@Peanits I’m mainly interested about the dev’s opinion about this.

Killers movement speed is reflected by the strenght of their power. I wonder if the developers ever tought of making Spirit slower than averange 4.4 m/s killers since her power is clearly stronger than what Hag, Huntress, D-slinger has. Nurse got a similar treatment in the past despite being 4.6 m/s originally.

PLEASE NOTE THAT: It’s not the thread for “SpiRit iS FinE just adapt to the broken unfun factory” comments. For that, use the more heated one I made of the topic.

Comments

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

I wouldn't be so sure that spirit is clearly stronger than hag...

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Hag is better than spirit in my opinion.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    edited May 2020

Speed isn't actually a specific reflection of a killer's power level. Otherwise Hillbilly and Oni would be much slower than they are. For Huntress and Deathslinger, they have reduced mobility because their potential attack ranges are longer than any other killer in the game. Hatchets and The Redeemer allow them to possibly snag hits on survivors up to 18+ meters away. Huntress in particular has her additional humming radius because of her long range possibilities.

Rather than a change in speed, Spirit just needs to give out more information to survivors. People hate playing against her because all she does is create mind-games that she is completely in control of. It often feels like the only counterplay to her in chase is frequent lucky guessing while she uses her power.

In my opinion, survivors should ALWAYS be able to know when a Spirit is phase-walking. Then the mind-game is trying to guess where she will go while phased. Adding a light colored trail that she leaves behind while phasing could also improve these mind-games to feel more fair (though I'd say tall grass should still hide it if they ever did such a thing).

As an additional change, I'd also like for them to tweak Spirit's vaulting animation so that she appears to actually walk through vaults rather than over them (same speed as normal though). Not really as a balancing factor, more just as a unique character animation.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

Hag has a counter and a drawback as well. It takes time to set up a web. And it can be destroyed by survivors while you’re carrying one. But spirit..she has none other than RNG. Not when you’re injured anyway.

• smexxyhexxy
    smexxyhexxy Member Posts: 39

It's her power that's frustrating to play against, I think her base movement speed is fine as is if her anti-fun power gets addressed.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Do you know how rarely survivors use flashligths for this? And spirit also has a few drawbacks... and you can't injure everyone in 5 seconds...

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 461

So about Billy? He has the best mobility of the entire game, and his move speed is still 4,6m/s, I don't think this should be something to change in Spirit tho.