Reward not camping

Options
Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Camping is a boring strategy that pays off 9 times out of 10 thanks to Survivors. Furthermore, hooking a Survivor puts pressure on the Killer to prevent rescues, as opposed to putting pressure on the Survivors to unhook.
Since the Survivors are the ones supposed to be under pressure, as this is an asymmetrical game, I would like to see it changed in the following manner (keep in mind the numbers are examples and can be changed at any time):

• Faster Entity progression when the Killer leaves the hook past a 20-meter radius, with its speed increasing the further they are from the hook. About 2% faster for every meter should suffice, but it may be necessary to decrease it a little bit, to make sure it's not OP.
  • Inside the 20-meter radius, the progression follows its normal speed.

This would make leaving the hook a lot more beneficial. At the moment, leaving the hook just guarantees a free rescue with the majority of Killers, meaning it benefits the Survivors. With this change, leaving the hook will instead benefit the Killer, while making the hook rescue more worthwhile for the Survivors. It's a win-win.

Post edited by Orion on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Survivors want penalties for camping, not rewards because those would be buffs to the killer.

This is the core issue of the whole discussion.

Btw, I dont think that the radius idea is so good, I would prefer something in the direction of rewarding fresh hooks (truetalents idea e.g.)

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    It would make nurse and billy more op since they can leave, get the faster progression and quickly come back to the hook if survivor gets rescued. Should be more than 20 meters to make it work
  • BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    It would make nurse and billy more op since they can leave, get the faster progression and quickly come back to the hook if survivor gets rescued. Should be more than 20 meters to make it work

Actually both of you have good points
    What if for Billy and Nurse, said range was longer? to prevent just coming back asap to down again.

• BLUE_APE
    Options

This idea with my suggestion would work

• Orion
    edited September 2018
    Options

@BLUE_APE said:

@Vietfox said:

What if for Billy and Nurse, said range was longer? to prevent just coming back asap to down again.

I don't think this would be necessary. A tweak of the percentage would be enough. Also, keep in mind that to reach just 25% increased speed, at a 2%/m increase, the Killer would have to be 70 meters away from the hook. It's not as OP as you think.

Orion can't math while hungry.

Post edited by Orion on
  • BLUE_APE
    Options

Also Looping can be fixed I think the devs could honestly just make looping area's/ maps that favor survivors, have blood lust activate a lot quicker in said maps/ areas

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Orion said:

@BLUE_APE said:

@Vietfox said:

I don't think this would be necessary. A tweak of the percentage would be enough. Also, keep in mind that to reach just 25% increased speed, at a 2%/m increase, the Killer would have to be 70 meters away from the hook. It's not as OP as you think.

Well I didn't say they Bill/Nurse had to on the other side of the map, just maybe like 3 or 4 extra meters (From what you said) away from the hook

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Orion said:

That's not the point. The point is that to get a 25% speed increase (which I think is a modest progression increase), the Killer would have to be on the other side of the map, and not even the Hillbilly can traverse that much terrain in time to find the unhooked or rescuer.

Oh okay

• Orion
    Options

@BLUE_APE said:

@Orion said:

That's not the point. The point is that to get a 25% speed increase (which I think is a modest progression increase), the Killer would have to be on the other side of the map, and not even the Hillbilly can traverse that much terrain in time to find the unhooked or rescuer.

Oh okay

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I was making calculations for 0.5%/m, for some reason. At 2%/m, the Killer would have to be a little over 32 meters away from the hook, and for 50%, 45 meters. This may actually need to be reduced to 1%/m, rather than increased. I'll fix my posts to reflect that.

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Orion said:

@BLUE_APE said:

@Orion said:

Oh okay

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I was making calculations for 0.5%/m, for some reason. At 2%/m, the Killer would have to be a little over 32 meters away from the hook, and for 50%, 45 meters. This may actually need to be reduced to 1%/m, rather than increased. I'll fix my posts to reflect that.

Alright,also your good, we all make some mistakes

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

• Orion
    Options

@Vietfox said:

You try doing math when you have ADD and are hungry as #########.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

BBQ, Devour Hope, and MYC already reward non-camping.

• Orion
    Options

@Justicar said:

But not enough, if the recent surge in Survivor threads about camping is to be believed. This would be a base mechanic that wouldn't require the Killer to unlock three teachable perks.

• Justicar
    Options

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

But not enough, if the recent surge in Survivor threads about camping is to be believed. This would be a base mechanic that wouldn't require the Killer to unlock three teachable perks.

They already do more than enough. Camping is a killer's prerogative. It's already a bad strategic choice. There's no amount of additional penalty they can add that is going to deter a killer who's determined to secure a kill, short of granting automatic Dead Hard to everyone.

• Orion
    Options

@Justicar said:

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

They already do more than enough. Camping is a killer's prerogative. It's already a bad strategic choice. There's no amount of additional penalty they can add that is going to deter a killer who's determined to secure a kill, short of granting automatic Dead Hard to everyone.

Alright, I'm going to assume you didn't read the suggestion. Let me know when you do.

• Justicar
    Options

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

Alright, I'm going to assume you didn't read the suggestion. Let me know when you do.

I read it, and it isn't going to be any more effective than the other asinine suggestions about camping that spam these forums every single day. If a killer is determined to secure a kill, either because they don't realize it's a bad strategic choice, or they're pissed at a teabagging survivor, or the gates just popped and there's no reason for them to leave the hook, these suggestions aren't going to change that.

The developers have said on multiple occasions that camping is a viable (if usually bad) strategy. Let it go.

• Orion
    Options

@Justicar said:

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

@Orion said:

@Justicar said:

I read it, and it isn't going to be any more effective than the other asinine suggestions about camping that spam these forums every single day. If a killer is determined to secure a kill, either because they don't realize it's a bad strategic choice, or they're pissed at a teabagging survivor, or the gates just popped and there's no reason for them to leave the hook, these suggestions aren't going to change that.

The developers have said on multiple occasions that camping is a viable (if usually bad) strategy. Let it go.

This suggestion does not change camping in the slightest. This suggestion simply makes it more beneficial for the Killer to leave the hook. You did not read my suggestion and are assuming this is yet another "slow down Entity progression when the Killer is near the hook" thread, or something akin to it when it's literally the opposite.

• Justicar
    Options

@Orion said:
    This suggestion does not change camping in the slightest. This suggestion simply makes it more beneficial for the Killer to leave the hook. You did not read my suggestion and are assuming this is yet another "slow down Entity progression when the Killer is near the hook" thread, or something akin to it when it's literally the opposite.

There is no reason to set up a reward like this without a desired behavior modification. It's not going to have any effect, thus your proposition is essentially "Hey, let's throw more points at this standard gameplay element."

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

why not give the killer say 1000 BP (not associated with any certain thing) if a survivor is saved and he is at least 32 meters away. it would kinda be like event BP its just added to your final BP count. i would still play survivor even if the killer got more BP like this. if it was too big of a diffrence then why not give a survivor 1000 BP maybe 750 if they save and the killer is more than 32 meters away. this would help not only reward the killer for not camping and reward survivors for not farming.