The Oni's Chase Music

Options
gofu
gofu Member Posts: 133

I can't believe this fan-made track is actually better than the one made by the company. You can tell it has more "japanese samurai" vibes to it, it's scary and definitely more intense.

Current:

0:00 32-24 meters away

0:29 24-16 meters away

0:56 16-8 meters away

1:23 Chase music (credits to Al Yaccuob for timestamps)

Fan-Made I'd love to see added in

Timestamps already in the video but if you wanna skip over

0:14 32-24 meters away (Terror Radius)

0:21 24-16 meters away (Near)

0:34 16-8 meters away (Proximity)

0:47 Chase

I love the drums in this track, so fast paced and it just feels "Harder"?

I can't tell the name of the instrument being played with the drums but it just feels really japanese and it adds to his theme a lot of beauty.

When's this guy getting hired?

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Just nerding out over the instruments as a percussionist:

-The drums are likely Taiko drums (a family/style of Japanese drums that were originally used for warfare and later for theatrical performances).

-And that second instrument sounds like some sort of cymbal or tambourine. Just guessing, but it may be something pulled from an Indonesian Gamelan ensemble (it's Western equivalent would probably be the Marching Band or Percussion Ensemble).

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

It's very good, but I still think the in-game one is better. More ominous and feral.

• Meroko
    Meroko Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2020
    Options

Oni's chase music (from the Oni POV) is just Myers chase music with a different instrument instead of the piano. You'll never unhear that now that I've told you :)

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Music is subjective lol.

If you think the fan version is better that's fine, but the devs like their version which is also fine.