Buff to the perk stake out

Options

This perk has so much potential but right now its kinda bad as to gain tokens you pretty much need to chase killers and do nothing for about 1 min if you want all 4 of them and thats not counting the chances of you getting found by the killer while you doing so and so gaining nothing + depending on a lot of meta killers currently they are gonna have very small terror radius making the task even more annoying , of cours you can gain tokens while normally playing the game but most of the time if you do so , you will be lucky to gain at leats 2 of them at the time , I have never been at max tokens by playing normally without following the killer on purpose to gain them

and you also have to rely on the chances of getting those said skillchecks while doing gens or healing and we all know that sometime you can spend 30 sec on a gens or healing someone without any skillchecks so hoping to get 4 of them to spend your 4 tokens is a pretty big wish

I propose that instead of gaining a increase in tokens after each new tier of the perk , its the progess bonus that the perk gives who is augmented , so the perk stay at 2 token max but at tier 3 you do + 3 to progress on gens/healing after you hit a skillcheck "with a token"

or do it so you can gain tokens while being chased and the perk increase your chances of getting skillchecks

Comments

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited May 2020
    Options

I think it's fine as is. Great for doing risky gens near someone looping, godly on small maps, and turns sneaking time into progress. It being double effect on skill checks imo is all the change it needed to never feel wasted. Get your one token, land a bunch of greats, genrush like a god. The better you are at skill checks, the better the perk is for you.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

In my opinion, current stake out is fine and rewards high skilled players for hitting great skill checks and making risky plays

The buff really comes in handy to be honest, you can cut 9 seconds off of a generator just trough great skillchecks

• Gonourakuto
    Gonourakuto Member Posts: 109
    edited May 2020
    Options

so good if the killer ignores you ? nice , try that in red rank see how it goes

even on small map its pretty annoying to get tokens as most meta killers have pretty small terror radius because of MAA and how many killers use it

sneaking time that could be used to work on gens , in high rank you almost never do "sneaky time" as sneaky time is wasted time

"launch a bunch of great with 1 token" you don't even know how it works

"the better you are at skillchecks , the better the perk is for you" you don't even know how the perk works , the perk is good when don't hit great skillchecks so when you are not that good

you don't even know how the perk works too , the perk works only when you hit normal ones , hitting great skillchecks make the perk irrelevant

also risky play ? not really its not hard to sneak around a killer to gain the tokens but the prob is , is that its a lot of wasted time you waste 1 min to get 4 tokens to maybe save 9 sec on a gen if you get enough skillschecks , can't you see how bad it is ?

• MadArtillery
    edited May 2020
    Options

You are in desperate need of reading perks sir! As long as you have so much as a single token stakeout doubles the effect of greats! Have you seriously not read stakeout once since the change? You should really read a perk before making threads on it. And mmm yes you will certainly never need stealth, I mean look at how easy a red rank nurse or spirit are to loop! If you don't know how to abuse the many perks that can let you make good distance without scratch marks that's on your lack of strategy. Mid chase los breaks are some of the best tools you have to mindgame the most powerful killers. And yes you should be able to escape a chase with multiple tokens to pump out gens.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830
    Options

What? Lmao dude, have you read the perk? If you have at least 1 token, every great you hit won't consume the token but it will give you the bonus 2% progress instead of 1%

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 125
    Options

I currently use Stake Out and Diversion as alternatives to Spine Chill and...it sorta works but it's a completely different flavour.

Still it means if I'm careful I get a little bit of a notification of when the killer's around, and I can use that to hide while I'm also getting a little bonus in the future. Sure I never get a full 4 tokens but, it means at 3 tokens I still get to know when I'm within the killer's radius.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I've used Stake Out quite a lot and I fee like I get good enough value from it as it is. The only time it doesn't seem all that useful is against stealth killers but I don't mind that too much.

• Gonourakuto
    Gonourakuto Member Posts: 109
    Options

Its so fine that its never used and you never get full value out of it by playing normally and only if you half throw the game by doing nothing and following the killer around

and you are in desperate need of learning how to read and write you said "get 1 token and do a bunch of greats" no my fault if you can't express yourself properly

again you don't know how the perk works and you are wrong "you should be able to escape a chase with a bunch of tokens" you don't get tokens while being chased

false , learn how to properly read the perk

i mean maybe in a special stealth build it would be okay , but as a perk on itself it sucks and also stealth builds are not good in the high rank

PS : diversion is a bad perk probably one of the worst in the game you shouldnt use it

i don't say that it as no value but that you cannot get full value out of it without throwing what is never good for a perk

• MadArtillery
    edited May 2020
    Options

The build up and drop off before and after chase should leave you on average atleast two tokens. Your unfamiliarity with the perk is obvious or you'd know that A the perk doubles great skill checks, B requires tokens to double, and C that it doesn't expend tokens for greats. Instead you said and I quote "you don't even know how the perk works too , the perk works only when you hit normal ones , hitting great skillchecks make the perk irrelevant" Please sir stop pretending you know litterally anything at all about this perk. It's bloody solid and the better you are at the game the further the perk will take you. Each token is just there to pad your failures like an extra life. You don't want to run out, you certainly never want to expend them. No one's perfect so eventually most people will eventually run out but it's far from hard to replenish. It's definitely a perk that rewards skill in skillchecks and could never reach its peak on someone who can't regularly hit greats. You can go an entire match without ever having to go refill tokens.

Ps. Before telling someone an accurate perk description is wrong you should go ingame and actually read it. I don't know what outdated websites you are trying to base everything on but lol, just lol. Hell at this point I wonder if you even have the perk unlocked. Perhaps this thread is just one elaborate troll. Greats by default give 1% with perk its 2%. Double, simple.