We need new maps ... and not more variations.

MPGamer18
MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
edited May 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

As it stands today there are 21 survivors with 63 unique perks and 19 killers with 19 abilities and 57 unique perks while there are roughly 12-13 unique maps (w/ variations), most of which have been around since day one.

Some of those maps will loop those variations 3 or 4 times in a row and it feels like you're playing on the same map. Where you play is equally important to who play as.

Please consider adding more new maps over new characters. We've got more then enough to choose from and not nearly enough places to play.

Comments

1300 Member Posts: 34

Please give us new maps

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

They should remove some variations.

• Nikki9ner
    Nikki9ner Member Posts: 1

Personally I would like to see more maps for old characters, Myers gets Haddonfield Hospital - Stranger things gets star court mall or Russia camp with new Hopper as character.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

But they kinda already are doing that right now? Pyramid head comes out with a new map, Deathslinger had a new map, Oni was a variation but before that demogorgon had a new map as well out of the last 4 killers 3 came with new maps.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I'd actually really like for them to make some new maps in existing realms. Personally, I'd love for all 15 currently-existing Realms to eventually reach the 5-map set that MacMillan, Autohaven, and Coldwind Farm do. So far, 1 down (Springwood), 11 to go.

Though I do understand that this could limit creative freedom by forcing the devs to use pre-existing assets/designs/tiles already native to these realms. But it would cut down on that element of the work too...

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

We get a new map every chapter. And most of the maps have not been around since day one. 15 maps are from the original 3 realms, and 3 of those were added later on (Groaning Storehouse, Fractured Cowshed, and Gas Heaven). There are 35 maps in the game, so only about one third of the maps were around when the game released. We're also getting more variations of licensed maps later on (for instance, Haddonfield).

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

So, you'd be disappointed with a new Silent Hill map? Wow.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

Variants of maps are great imo, I prefer when a map feels different in layout each time, like what they did to Badham. What I can't stand, is maps like Clowns, and Plagues, which feel lazy. It just re-uses a different pre-existing realm like crotus penn and red forest, and only adds a few neat key locations. It's such a missed opportunity for a completely new environment. I get these things take time, but I'd really rather BHVR just delay content and not mind the roadmap, in order to make sure each DLC has a level of care like this every time.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

A Graveyard!

A Factory!

A Cave!

A Campground!

A SkyScraper!

A Sewer!

A Submarine!

A Rustic Villa

A Warehouse packed with DBD-related items, sounds, and animatronics!

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

By maps, I'm guessing you mean realms. There are only three realms which have been around since the game's release (Macmillan, Autohaven and Coldwind); all the rest were added with later DLC. And I would say that each of the maps in those realms is pretty distinct - I've never felt like Suffocation Pit and Shelter Woods were the same map, for example. Springwood is really the only realm of which you could say that a bunch of variations were added further down the track, or that all of those variations look pretty much the same.

That being said, more often than not they do add completely new realms whenever they introduce new characters. Of the last four DLC releases (Pyramid Head included), three of them came with a whole new realm, and a map about as distinct from those existing as could be hoped for. The only one that didn't (Oni) made perfect sense to be adding onto an existing realm rather than creating a whole new one with the new map, considering his connection to the Spirit.

• lunaposa
    lunaposa Member Posts: 89

But we are getting a new map..? We also got one last year as well from Demo.