Bubba Add-On Rework

Now I'm not going to lie and say I'm the most experienced Bubba player in the world but I've played him a lot recently and he's now my main killer. I've been playing since late 2017 and haven't really connected to a killer till now.

I've used every add-on and I feel confident in saying they aren't in a great spot. You only use charge add-ons if you have them and the others if you have nothing else.

Speed add-ons? Nothing special

Bumping add-ons? Good but no better than charge add-ons.

Noise cancelling are just extremely bad.

So I decided to take a look at his add-ons and see what I'd personally do to rework them. This was quite difficult but I hope people can agree these add-ons are better than the current ones and broken add-ons (Carburetor Tuning Guide) are now more balanced.

Also there was only 19 perks (killers need 20). So I've created a new one. I'd be surprised if you can find it lol

Ultra Rare:

Carburetor Tuning Guide
  • After injuring a survivor with your Chainsaw your power is cancelled.
  • Your next Chainsaw attempt has it's charge time reduced considerably.
Award Winning-Chilli
  • Moderately increases movement speed while charging Chainsaw.
  • Moderately decreases the length of your Chainsaw rush.
  • Slightly increases charge time.
  • Stacks.

Very rare:

Shop Lubricant
  • Moderately reduces the time penalty when bumping into objects.
  • Moderately decreases the Chainsaws cooldown.
  • Slightly increases movement while charging your Chainsaw.
  • Stacks.
Homemade Muffler
  • Survivors injured by your Chainsaw will cause them to emit a terror radius for 16 seconds.
  • You are granted the Undetectable status effect for the duration.
The Beast's Marks
  • Moderately increases Chainsaw movement speed.
  • Stacks.
Begrimed Chain
  • Survivors injured by your Chainsaw will gain the Broken and Hemorrhaging status effects for 120 seconds.

Rare:

Primer Bulb
  • Moderately decreases the Chainsaws charge time.
  • Stacks.
Chili
  • Slightly increases length of Chainsaw rush.
  • Slightly decreases Chainsaw charge time.
  • Stacks.
Chainsaw File
  • Hitting a generator with your Chainsaw will immediately damage the generator.
  • Considerably reduces the time penalty when bumping into objects.
  • Stacks.
The Grease
  • After downing a survivor with your Chainsaw any survivors within 16m have their locations revealed.
BUBBA IS AN A TIER KILLER!
  • You become obsessed with one survivor.
  • After successfully downing a survivor with your Chainsaw you see the obsession's aura for 4 seconds.

Uncommon:

Long Guide Bar
  • Slightly decreases Chainsaw charge time.
  • Slightly decreases the length of your Chainsaw rush.
Knife Scratches
  • Slightly increases Chainsaw movement speed.
  • Stacks. 
Grisly Chain
  • Survivors injured by your chainsaw will get the blindness status effect for 90 seconds.
Light Chassis
  • Moderately reduces the time penalty when bumping into objects.
  • Stacks.
Rusted Chain
  • Moderately decreases the repair speed of survivors injured by the Chainsaw for 90 seconds.

Common:

Spark Plug
  • Slightly decreases the Chainsaws charge time.
  • Stacks. 
Vegetable Oil
  • Slightly decreases the Chainsaws cooldown.
  • Stacks.
Depth Gauge Rake
  • Slightly reduces the time penalty when bumping into objects.
  • Stacks.
Speed Limiter
  • Chainsaw applies the deep wound status effect.
  • Get 100% more Bloodpoints for Chainsaw Hit score events.

Comments

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

I don't think the problem really lies within Bubba's add-ons. While yes his add-ons do need to be changed in order to match the other killers; Bubba himself just isn't a very strong killer and could use a full on power rework or a nice buff. What they could do I have no idea but I've definitely given it some thought. Maybe let him throw his chainsaw? Hell I don't know but he needs something. #BuffBubba

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd take a buff but he doesn't need it. Currently he's doing extremely well for me at rank 1.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I reslly think thst the power is the problem not addons. If they make saw fastet with addons would be only pursue the surv and press m2. I would make something like:

Tantrum: Tantrum bar recharge by being in chase, the longer the chase the faster it charges. One charged bubba will hold up his chainsaw and move at 325% speed (just a random number can be changed) while on tantrum kilker will use his chainsaw and will instadown survs, surv downed reduce the tantrum bar.

I think it would be lore wise with the killer.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

I mean considering the coming map changes and the addition of something to make the early game easier on killers; maybe he won't need anything other than an add-on rework and a couple QoL changes. Personally I wish your chainsaw would start as soon as you charge it to 100 similar to Billy. It's really annoying letting go of a 99 chainsaw and just losing lots of distance because of it. Still though his power just feels really bland compared to all the things Billy can do and with Bubba being an iconic killer and all it'd be nice if he could be seen as something more than just the killer who excels at facecamping.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

His add ons definitely need some looking into, which the devs said they were going to do...about a year ago. Sigh maybe one day.

• CashelP14

I agree big map with coordinated team is extremely tough to win but only killer like nurse, spirit and billy can win those games I think.

Btw since your a Bubba main what do you think of the add-ons? This was meant to be a Bubba add-on rework discussion and no one has mentioned them once lol

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Well... im mabe not a main, but i played him a decent amount of time.

This addon rework won't do much.

As bubba you walk next to a survivor and charge the chainsaw when its shoved inside their asses. Charge speed helps a lot doing so they won't reach window/pallet meantime.

Everything else is more situational. Speed addons? They can work on some loops like the pig's ambush.

Probably his biggest problem is that, his power has no utility, just like hag or huntress, with a simple difference, his power doesen't have as much lethality as theirs.

Except this trio, every single killer has some utility, even deathslinger.

• CashelP14

Charge add-ons are still his best but that won't change no matter what. I tried to make add-ons that wouldn't beat charge, but wouldn't be useless without it.

Such as increased speed while charging the chainsaw. This means you can charge a bit sooner than before and still get the hit. Adding more bumping add-ons which should help if you make a mistake.

Is their any add-ons you'd consider bad or don't have an exact purpose? I knew charge add-ons where the best but I wanted to give you more options on how to play him with the other add-ons.

• CashelP14

When I meant mention the add-ons I meant the add-on changes I suggested lol not his current ones.

Right now I only use Spark Plug and Vegetable Oil. Getting consistent 4ks pretty much every game. Only had one game on badham where I didn't get more than 3 kills. I got none but it was through me playing crap and nothing to do with the survivors skill.

• CashelP14

Well what about the add-on changes I suggested lol do they seem good