We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Wasn’t DS stun buffed because of enduring? But enduring no longer affects it...

johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I swear they lengthened the time of the DS stun so that against enduring it still gave you time to get away still right @Peanits ?

But after enduring was changed to not affect DS the time wasn’t reverted, why @not_Queen?

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,275

The main reason stated in the 2.6.3 patch notes was that there is a 1 second duration where the survivor can't move after DS and a 3 second DS stun wasn't enough time to give survivors the opportunity to gain distance and find safety.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Read the notes, 2.6.3 was also when enduring started impacting DS so there is correlation

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

Only if you read my other comment you would know I already realize it...

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I'm Avid DS user and killer main and it's fine.

It's so easy keeping tabs on a survivor who was recently unhooked and a survivor who wants you attention, slug them and move on.

Killer keep forgetting there are 3 other survivors they can go for instead of the 1 that was recently unhooked.

• aGoodOldRub
    edited June 2020

Btw I don't think any person in their right mind would like it to be reverted to 3 seconds. I don't see why you would want that unless you tunnel and camp. We all know sometimes we get hit by decisive just for making good and fast plays or survivors messing up but which is better making tunnelers and campers stronger and more annoying for the sake of some instances where you can't pick up people because of fast downs or the way it is now. It is the lesser evil. Or you can come up with a better solution I bet devs would notice.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Have the devs ever said anything about why they didn't revert the change to DS when Enduring was changed to no longer affect DS stun?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Not as far as I can remember. I made a thread that was marked as "BHVR read" on the subject, telling them to nerf DS at the same time as Enduring, but that's the full extent of their acknowledgement of the issue AFAIK.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    edited June 2020

Well if someone is really going out of their way to tunnel you. You would most likely be in a chase. So you could rework it to make it like what otz brought up in one of his recent steams. Make it last 5 minutes if you are in a chase. Yet it turns off, if you do a gen, enter a locker, ect. It still remains active, while you are healing up. That way it works as anti tunneling, while stopping it from being pure immunity or god mode during it's time and can't work on a gen in front of a killer with no fear.

Yeah lockers, you can't really slug the player there. You are force to eat it. Not only that, but there is this case here. Where two megs looked alike [wearing the same outfit and all that], Otz pick up the wrong one and it lead to getting ds. So just slug and keep track of the survivors who got unhooked recently, can be a bit of a issue. When you have two survivors down on the ground, who are not only the same survivor, in this case meg but are also wearing the same outfit. Making it impossible to tell them apart when both of them are knock down to the ground.

• aGoodOldRub

So you are saying even though quality of the game is way better this way you don't care and want the game to be less fun just for the sake of so called fairness which has nothing to do with the overall quality of the game in this case but only for your own ideology. Yeah no that is not how it works you sound very biased against devs and seem like taking a side on some kind of war.

• aGoodOldRub
    edited June 2020

Duplicate.

• aGoodOldRub

We are not talking about that though are we ? We all know there is way better decisive strike ideas but if you read we are talking about 3 seconds vs 5 seconds. Please don't change the subject to a whole different topic.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

How is the game better with DS being a 5-second stun? Have you not been paying attention to all the bullshit survivors have been doing with that perk? Getting into lockers, unhooking in the killer's face, bodyblocking, all because they know that killers can't afford a 5-second stun that they will get if they dare to touch that survivor.

• BigBrainMegMain

You can call it an excuse, I call it lazy gameplay.

And forced to let them go? lol What's one way to counter DS?

Slug, no one says their invincible, no one says you can't leave them on the ground, and don't give me a "welL hE haS uNbreAkaBLE" because I rarely see that combo.

And as a killer main, I'm glad infinites were dealt with, the smaller and balanced maps, the better.

• aGoodOldRub
    edited June 2020

It is clearly better than your 3 seconds stun idea instead 5 seconds. We all know decisive strike is not fair in some situations but 3 seconds won't solve it but create more problems.

• aGoodOldRub
    edited June 2020

You literally came out of way to disagree with me saying making it 3 seconds is a bad idea and the way you disagree is say there is better ideas but I didn't say a single thing that disagrees with there being better options so you are pretty much NOT on topic. Let me make it simple a guy says going back to fossil fuels is bad idea we should stick with renewable and you coming out saying but why not invent a better solution which will make it even better than both. How is this on topic ? Topic was choosing between A and B not to consider the option C where literally almost everyone knows about it, not a complete genius new idea.

• aGoodOldRub

So you confess you are a KILLER MAIN who hates survivors and devs and in a war against them with full bias. Thank you for clarifying you can't discuss anything scientifically and objectively. Also if you wanna know what main I am here you can check my achievements and see yourself. https://steamcommunity.com/id/gandhisFlipFlop/stats/381210/achievements/

• aGoodOldRub
    edited June 2020

Yes you are talking about overall DS while quoting my comment which had no relation to me disagreeing with new DS ideas so why quote my comment saying 3 seconds is not a good option ? maybe quote the OP and not me. You should be smarter when quoting people because you made no sense at all unless you had a reason other than assuming I am clueless about new DS ideas but thanks anyway.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I've played this game almost 4 years and DS has always been too strong. It were actually weaker 1 year ago when survivors had to wiggle to get effect of the perk. Back then enduring and unnerving gave it soft counter and also the skillcheck is now bigger what is nearly impossible to miss. Every survivor main knows how bs the perk is. I'm using DS in every survivor build i have, becouse it often gives free escapes specially in end game, while killer cannot do anything.

• aGoodOldRub

Just the fact you mention ranks shows you are clueless about a big aspect of the game and probably and hopefully don't have many hours in this game. If you do that is a shame you haven't learnt anything for all those hours. Rank literally shows nothing but how much you played in a month. If you watched any good streamers they also know rank means nothing there is extreme potatoes at rank 1 you think plays like rank 20 and god mode lords at rank 8.

• aGoodOldRub
    edited June 2020

I did consider everything you said. You said revert changes for the sole reason "fairness" between survivor changed and killer changes while ignoring the fact it would make tunneler campers stronger

then you stated "goodwill within the killer main community" which is still talking about fairness and basically you thinking " devs never nerf survivor perks only killer perks "

quote if you said something that is not about fairness you just kept wording the same thing with different words.

Also you showed that you don't have a full knowledge about the all aspects of the game (pretty much decreasing your credibility of your opinions) by saying you are a rank 4 survivor main which in your mind was supposed to represent that you are a knowledgeable/skillful survivor ? unfortunately anyone who has experience with this game knows rank means nothing for credibility you can refer to popular streamers where they do state and know rank means nothing

Yes I dismiss your bias against your devs only nerf killer perks why not nerf a survivor perk even though it clearly is gonna make things worse overall.

Also I must say they will never change it to 3 seconds if anything is gonna happen is one of the good decisive strike rework ideas where survivors won't be able to use it after repairing etc or after you hooking someone else or downing etc. etc.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah since enduring no longer effects the ds stun, which has been proven in this thread. That yes, this is the reason why ds is a 5 second stun. So the logically thing would be make it 3 seconds again, since enduring no longer effects it and that is the reason behind the change in the first place. Of course the main issue is not really the stun but how as you say, survivors can abuse it for god mode, by doing gens in front of a killer with no fear or going into a locker near a gen, forcing a killer to eat the ds or leave them alone to possibly repair a gen. That and since the devs seem to have no interest in lowering the stun. Well there are other ways one could rework it, to make it better.

Since ds is the unofficial anti tunnel perk. It seems rather bad at doing it's job. Since you have to lose a chase [giving the killer who is trying to tunnel you, what he wants] and than have to be picked up right away, hoping none of your team mates try and save you and simply lead to killer chasing after them and doing nothing more than having your timer go away. Than the killer comes back and your timer is gone. Which is why Otz idea of reworking the perk. Even if not perfect, does sound like it would avoid alot of the abuse and using it as being immune to anything the killer does for 60 seconds.

For around the 6 hour and 15 minute mark. Otz starts a match as ghostface, around the 6 hour and 20 minute mark. A recently unhook survivor, while injured. Who is on death hook. Travels all the way across the map, just to stalk Otz and break him out of his power. Which why did they do something so stupid? They had ds of course. Which is around when Otz starts to explain his idea for a ds rework. Which is much like the one you brought up before, of it going off. It lasts for 5 minutes if you are being chased by the killer but goes off if you do something like a gen. Which does sound like it would ignore it being abused. While at the same time, a survivor can legit try their best to avoid escaping the killer who is tunneling them and try healing up, without having to worry their team mates will deny them the ability to use their ds, due to the killer chasing them off before coming back to you and your ds being gone by the time the killer comes back. That and also allows a survivor, if they are legit being tunnel, the ability to put up a good chase, without having to fear so much their ds is about to end.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The problem with that argument is you literally couldn't catch someone in an infinite. DS can be countered. You can choose to go after the rescuer. You can choose to slug. Or you can eat the stun. You're not forced to let them go. You do have options.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2020

That's not always a solution. There are times when DS is actually uncounterable. Literally, times when DS can not be outplayed.

This is what makes it broken.

• BigBrainMegMain

"Some times" isn't concrete evidence.

The same can be said about Freddy, Spirit, NOED Adrenaline, ANYTHING.