Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nightmare on Elm Street DLC Perk Buffs

Luigifan64
Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Ok, so I do have ideas for Freddy’s ability itself but that would segnificantly increase this already long post, so I’ll stick to perks.

Pharmacy: You have a knack for finding what you need in dire situations, before you open a chest, you can select an item to have a slight/moderate/considerable percent bonus to receive that item. Pharmacy also increases chest searching by 80% and reduces its sounds by 10 meters.

Wake Up!: Your past experiences with Freddy have taught you keep yourself up and forced yourself to be at peak performance; you receive a 5%/10%/15% boost to all actions. However, should you be hit by the killer, you will become tired and have a 15% decrease to all actions, until you are healed. Wake Up! will also show survivors your aura when opening exit gates.
“Wake up, Nancy, wake up. Nancy Please.”
-Quentin Smith

Vigil: (Idea 1)You look out for your friends, ensuring that they stay safe. Vigil will give every survivor a 10%/15%/20% reduction to status effects that have timers at all times. Vigil can stack. (Idea 2) You look out for yourself and your friends, keeping you on your toes. Vigil reduces the cooldowns for status effects by 10%/15%/20% and allows you to recover exhaustion while running. Survivors within 8 meters will also get this effect.
Nancy, I can't let you go to sleep, you're not gonna wake up.”
-Quentin Smith

Remember Me: You always had a favorite, and toying with them until you could keep them forever was your darkest desire. You become obsessed with one survivor, and your breaking/vaulting/pickup/stun reduction will be increased by 10%/15%/20% while chasing/interacting with the obsession. In addition, you will gain a 5%/10%/15% boost to all actions when your obsession is hooked; your obsession will not lose progress on the hook as long as they don’t attempt to escape or fail to struggle.
“Remember Me?”
-Freddy Krueger

Fire Up: The potential of survivors having a chance of escaping your nightmare gives you a fiery rage.
1 Genorator completed:2%/3%/4% faster actions
2 Gens completed:4%/6%/8% faster actions
3 Gens completed:6%/9%/12% faster actions
4 Gens completed:8%/12%/16% faster actions
5 Gens completed:10%/15%/20% faster actions
”You can’t save her.”
-Freddy Krueger

Blood Warden: Even as your prey have a light of hope to escape, you make sure that light will be snuffed out, keeping a careful watch over their escape. After the last gen is powered, having a survivor on a hook will decrease gate opening time by 10/15/20 seconds (the time will be halved if the survivor is unhooked). Everytime a survivor is hooked after an exit is open, the entity will block the exits for 40/50/60 seconds and survivors in the gates will be shown.
”We got 6 more minutes to play.”
-Freddy Krueger

All these perk buffs are to make them more accurate to the films and make them more useable, as well as making the DLC feel like more effort and care was put into it. Which is also why I added quotes from the movie for most of these perks, cuz it should feel like you’re playing the movie more.

Comments

• Luigifan64
    edited September 2018
    [comment redacted because I fixed original post]
  • Rozenlied
    Rozenlied Member Posts: 22

I don't like the Remember me idea. The timer should run twice as fast for the obsession, because SWF groups would just stall you while the obsession is hooked.

• BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31

I like the new Pharmacy idea, but make it so you can choose an item but only with the green rarity. Wake-up idea should be when you are hit, you gain at least a 20% decrease in speed or else this perk might become overpowered.

• Luigifan64
    Rozenlied said:

I don't like the Remember me idea. The timer should run twice as fast for the obsession, because SWF groups would just stall you while the obsession is hooked.

The point is to keep the obsession hooked for as long as possible so that you can get that addition % boost to all actions on top of whatever perks you have, plus it could be used with Rancor for the ultimate f-DS build.
  • Luigifan64

I like the new Pharmacy idea, but make it so you can choose an item but only with the green rarity. Wake-up idea should be when you are hit, you gain at least a 20% decrease in speed or else this perk might become overpowered.

Pharmacy would apply to any item, because it would only make the chance of getting that item better, not guaranteeing it. So if you went for a purple flashlight (like most people) you’d only slightly increase your odds (even at tier 3). So by restricting it to just green items would be pointless. Also with Wake Up! the idea was to have a 15% penalty when hit, so you’d be doing everything 15% slower until you’re healed.