PLEASE BUFF FREDDY

Options
Getting straight to the point. I am begging you devs to gice Freddy Krueger the buffs he deserves. I don't honestly care about ANY other killer. I grew up on Freddy Krueger and I was so happy when he was announced as a playable killer in Dead by Daylight that I got the game for myself. Congratulations guys, you got me to buy your game for solely this FANTASTIC DLC decision. I've played Freddy ever since and I absolutely do not play any other killer in the game any more. I simply have too much enjoyment for the character of Freddy to play anyone else.

But, as one who plays Freddy as often as I do, I note the faults. In addition, I watch TydeTyme's videos where he has discussed Freddy's nerfs and playstyle. Freddy needs an almost COMPLETE overhaul so that he can be viable in the high competitive scene. If I need to list some of the issues point by point then fine:

Problems with current Freddy Krueger:
-7 full seconds in Dream Transition before Freddy is able to do ANYTHING, this gives survivors ample time to finish a generator they're close to completing, rescuing a hooked survivor (in addition they can literally just follow you to the hook you stick the downed survivor onto so that they can rescue them immediately and you can do nothing to stop it.), opening the gate, hatch, healing, waking another survivor, ect. On top of all that, the Dream Transition does nothing to INTERRUPT actions, which it SHOULD DO. Perks do VERY little to compensate for this. 
-Waking up is TOO EASY. If I recall correctly, when Freddy originally released, survivors who were asleep COULD NOT interact with generators. Bring this back, there is absolutely no reason someone who's sleeping should be able to work as a mechanic repairing a massive piece of technology in the waking world. TydeTyme for instance has successfully put all the players in the game to sleep three different times. Virtually nothing happened and almost all of them ended up waking not long after the fact because it's just too easy to do so.

These are perhaps the biggest issues with Freddy Krueger currently within Dead by Daylight, and I want him to be better, his character has been dragged through the mud, disrespected, and dumped all over. He has basically no benefits to putting people to sleep, and instead the Dream Demon power serves as a CRUTCH, or a LIMITATION that no other killer has. It should not be so. It should be the WORSR CASE SCENARIO to be stuck in the Dream World, not a minor inconvenience, which is what it currently is. You need to remove several of the capabilities survivors have to wake up, and you need to give Freddy more BENEFITS to dealing with survivors he's put to sleep.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and I sincerely hope a dev looks at this and really thinks about this. I hate that casuals and newcomers who failed to adapt their strategies to deal with an already insubstantial killer had their whiney pleas heard and so an already weak killer became the absolute worst. I hate that THIS is the man I've enjoyed watching for so long, and I especially hate that despite all these complaints, and the very few Freddy mains who UNDERSTAND these problems, I hate that our voices will be drowned out by the incessant whining of low level players who don't know a pallet from a locker.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Nergana 
    I grew up on Freddy Krueger 
    My condolences.
  • Nergana
    Nergana Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Nergana 
    I grew up on Freddy Krueger 
    My condolences.
    Thank you. This is positively infuriating and Freddy deserves buffs. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Freddy is already really strong in low ranks because low rank survivors dont know how to deal with him.
    Also SC isnt used on rank 20 because the teachable isnt learned yet.

Yes its sad, but devs are balancing the game around rank 20 gameplay (funny but by their logic, nurse actually needs a buff :wink: )

• StalwartXX
    StalwartXX Member Posts: 80
    Options
    He's a killer who really needs his personal perks for end game imo. Being able to make the exit gate take longer to open and blocking off the exits is meant to be how he stops people running back to save a teammate and for them to escape before Freddy can transition them and down them again.
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    Options

To be honest, except for Myers, ALL the licensed killers need buffs

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

10 out of 12 killers need buffs.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

The biggest problems on Freddy are:

• 7 second wait where survivors can finish what they are doing
    • waking up is to easy. It should only work by hitting a perfect skill check. This would also allow him to use perks that alter the skill checks.
    • his vision is simply to dark. On Crotus Penn i can´t enter the building or i´ll lose them.
    • his ultra rare add-ons need a rework. The 5% speed malus is to much for a chase and 1 survivor starts sleeping (That´s ultra rare??)
    • his lullaby should be affected by terror radius perks and add-ons
    • he should be able to interrupt (grab) survivors that are holding m1 to fill a progress bar (totems, repair, healing, etc.)
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

10 out of 12 killers need buffs.

God that is a sad reality

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    I think there tackling the killers in twos so freddy is probally far off. They might also be trying to get hold of licensers to tweak his powers a bit better by adding or changing those powers.
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

@Master said:
    Freddy is already really strong in low ranks because low rank survivors dont know how to deal with him.

Yes its sad, but devs are balancing the game around rank 20 gameplay (funny but by their logic, nurse actually needs a buff :wink: )

This is very sad. The devs need to get it together, and start balancing around Rank 1 - 5 gameplay. That's where the good players are, that's where the good balancing needs to be: up there with them. It's so stressful that the better you become, the fewer options you have for success. I mean, what's the point of creating all these Killers if you're only going to need three of them in top tier play. This is terrible, and there's no excuse for it. If people wanna have fun, you're going to need to suck, at least for the time being. We shouldn't be forced to choose between withholding our rank or playing a diversity of Killers. It just isn't fair.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Master said:

This is very sad. The devs need to get it together, and start balancing around Rank 1 - 5 gameplay. That's where the good players are, that's where the good balancing needs to be: up there with them. It's so stressful that the better you become, the fewer options you have for success. I mean, what's the point of creating all these Killers if you're only going to need three of them in top tier play. This is terrible, and there's no excuse for it. If people wanna have fun, you're going to need to suck, at least for the time being. We shouldn't be forced to choose between withholding our rank or playing a diversity of Killers. It just isn't fair.

Yes but it's the new players who buy dlcs like feeds etc. Those are the players throwing money at them, a salty killer main with 500 hours isn't going to pay a cent to bhvr, so try don't care about  them
    Also you have to understand that the nature of the game is 1vs4 and thus survivors represent 80% of the wallets too
  • Freddykreuger
    Freddykreuger Member Posts: 23
    Options

I'm pretty sure the devs nerfed freddy because nobody understood his mechanics. the people saw more bad Killers than good Ones(like me a rank 13 using solely freddy) Freddy ( with the right addons) has the ability to be terrifying and powerful. For example my build is using the class photo and the pill bottle. This will allow me to find the other survivors while not letting them see me( great for avoiding pallets) freddy is essentially the wraith but better. because he has total Invisibility and a Speed debuff. In my opinion we should make it so that the world is build on a grid system. but freddy's grid is randomly generated. and survivors get pulled into a whole different map. We should also have hallucinations. Each character can select a certain fear when in character design and they see freddy as that fear.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Nergana said:
    Getting straight to the point. I am begging you devs to gice Freddy Krueger the buffs he deserves. I don't honestly care about ANY other killer. I grew up on Freddy Krueger and I was so happy when he was announced as a playable killer in Dead by Daylight that I got the game for myself. Congratulations guys, you got me to buy your game for solely this FANTASTIC DLC decision. I've played Freddy ever since and I absolutely do not play any other killer in the game any more. I simply have too much enjoyment for the character of Freddy to play anyone else.

But, as one who plays Freddy as often as I do, I note the faults. In addition, I watch TydeTyme's videos where he has discussed Freddy's nerfs and playstyle. Freddy needs an almost COMPLETE overhaul so that he can be viable in the high competitive scene. If I need to list some of the issues point by point then fine:

Problems with current Freddy Krueger:
    -7 full seconds in Dream Transition before Freddy is able to do ANYTHING, this gives survivors ample time to finish a generator they're close to completing, rescuing a hooked survivor (in addition they can literally just follow you to the hook you stick the downed survivor onto so that they can rescue them immediately and you can do nothing to stop it.), opening the gate, hatch, healing, waking another survivor, ect. On top of all that, the Dream Transition does nothing to INTERRUPT actions, which it SHOULD DO. Perks do VERY little to compensate for this. 
    -Waking up is TOO EASY. If I recall correctly, when Freddy originally released, survivors who were asleep COULD NOT interact with generators. Bring this back, there is absolutely no reason someone who's sleeping should be able to work as a mechanic repairing a massive piece of technology in the waking world. TydeTyme for instance has successfully put all the players in the game to sleep three different times. Virtually nothing happened and almost all of them ended up waking not long after the fact because it's just too easy to do so.

These are perhaps the biggest issues with Freddy Krueger currently within Dead by Daylight, and I want him to be better, his character has been dragged through the mud, disrespected, and dumped all over. He has basically no benefits to putting people to sleep, and instead the Dream Demon power serves as a CRUTCH, or a LIMITATION that no other killer has. It should not be so. It should be the WORSR CASE SCENARIO to be stuck in the Dream World, not a minor inconvenience, which is what it currently is. You need to remove several of the capabilities survivors have to wake up, and you need to give Freddy more BENEFITS to dealing with survivors he's put to sleep.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and I sincerely hope a dev looks at this and really thinks about this. I hate that casuals and newcomers who failed to adapt their strategies to deal with an already insubstantial killer had their whiney pleas heard and so an already weak killer became the absolute worst. I hate that THIS is the man I've enjoyed watching for so long, and I especially hate that despite all these complaints, and the very few Freddy mains who UNDERSTAND these problems, I hate that our voices will be drowned out by the incessant whining of low level players who don't know a pallet from a locker.

Doesnt need an overhaul, just power buffs and add on adjustments. Needs the hag treatment.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

@Master said:

That's how it is in any game, game shouldnt be balanced at the top players but maybe ranks 7-14 a good middle range. In anygame, there are characters who blow other characters out of the water do to moveset or power differences. I 4k regularly at high rank with freddy before emblems and some other freddies I see do good as well, freddy can't be played like other killers and most people try to play him the same.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

1) Dream Demon should interrupt survivor actions, so if you see someone on a gen or totem you can sleep them and it will force them off. Only actions that shouldn't be stopped are vaults, pallet drops, and item usage (even though you couldn't heal/repair anyway, this is so you can use a FL, map or key while getting slept). I'd also debate about unhooks, it could be too powerful, that's up for testing. But everything it it forces you out and prevents you from doing anything during the transition. Then longer transitions isn't necessarily a bad thing.

2) Skill checks should be inverted in DW such that the failed zone is ratio swapped with the success zone, basically making it super easy to hit normal skill checks (great zone should stay the same size) and forcing your to try to hit a fail skill check like you would a normal one. The you can't just spam the button.