We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Nerf Pyramid Head

Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

I know it’s only been a day so I’m already ready for some salt but In my opinion I think Pyramid Head needs a nerf even though half the posts on here are asking for buffs. I’m specifically speaking of his power of sending survivors to cages. His cage doesn’t count as a hook but it’s considered a hook stage, so with that being said no perks will work when you get out of the cage such as DS, borrowed time. I’ve already went against a few pyramid heads that instantly run to the cage so that way they can down and hook the survivor who just got unhooked from the cage. What’s the fun in that? I’ve already seen a post on here that said he can actually stand right in front of a caged survivor and it won’t give the option for anyone else to unhook and I actually hope that’s a bug and not intended. Don’t get me wrong I actually love his ranged attack but the whole cage thing is ridiculous. People say you can dodge the trails by crouching over them but he can leave trails around a loop or a tile during a chase so it will be difficult to avoid it. I just hope the devs look into this and see how unfair it can be if you get a Pyramid Head that wants to play like a jerk for no reason.

Post edited by Babyyy_Boyy on

Comments

• Babyyy_Boyy
  • Babyyy_Boyy

Exactly, if unhooking perks won’t work then at least make it so that he has to find the cage instead of him being able to see it immediately and directly head towards it.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,832
    edited June 2020

I don't think Pyramid Head needs a nerf in general but I do agree that the cage mechanics are weird. The caged survivor shows up about as far on a map as possible from the killer though so if your survivor friends fail to get there before the killer can camp then I don't know what to tell you. I really don't like that WGLF doesn't get tokens when you uncage survivors though. I'm good with BT or DS not working on caged survivors but WGLF just gives bonus bloodpoints. Good luck getting 4 WGLF tokens against Pyramid Head.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

You remind me of someone who wants killers to chase them with roses in pink sunglasses. PH is stupidly weak aside from his cages, which will never work if people don't hit his power. The only way his power works is in a chase and even then, move to the next loop; problem solved.

• Babyyy_Boyy

”move to the next loop” you say, but forgot that half the maps got nerfed which means the almost all maps have massive dead zones unless you’re in an indoor map like the game which has crap tons of pallets.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I'm an avid DS supporter, and I don't mind that DS or BT don't work with the cages, believe me.

I am against him knowing where the cages are, killers will abuse this mechanic. This is the main reason I'm avoiding survivor for the next few weeks until the Pyramid Head fad dies down a bit.

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129

Honestly yes take the hit if you have to crouch on barbed wire. Sure you go down quick but now you have your ds. Better yet leave the pallet when he starts his trail. I’m sorry but you need to adapt to the new play style with him like other killers like nurse and spirit. Also just like all killers whether they camp or not, do gens since this killer is nowhere near nurse and he’s not even bubba camping “strong”.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

There should be a buffer period where he can't see the cages. Like maybe 20 seconds or something. Then you can rush a cage save before he can get over there to camp, but if you wait too long he can still camp/tunnel the cage.

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477

Lol hes worse than plague

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

Insta-saves are only if you happen to be on other side of the map when teammate is sent to it, otherwise it's a race. All but a couple of my matches PH was where the caged survivor had been only moments after they had been saved. PH tunnels because knows DS isn't an issue and injured survivor is easy down. Removing aura will lessen this - PH will know survivor is across map but won't know exact location. Can have notification sound when survivor is saved.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

I don't think it's a good idea. It makes the uncaging and healing very, very safe.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,232

So those killers predicted that'd there be braunless instant unhooks ir just happened to run into the uncaged survivor.

Both cases are preventable by playing smarter.

• averycoolname
    averycoolname Member Posts: 22

He isnt OP, you dont know how to play against him

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164

Lol. Playing solo, on rank 4 on xbox. All the randoms getting tormented. BT, we`ll make it and kind of the we are gonna life forever are completely useless.

I can see, that the 100% abusing swf swats are getting a deserved debuff. But its just not worth taking BT or we`ll make it with me when playing solo, although it wasnt a abused perk, it was simply often enough anti tunnel or a good safe in the EGC.

Problem is, my perk gets deactivated because a stranger from around the world ######### up. The perks have gone from top tier to useless now, until i play in a swf. Or the killer isnt played in 100% of my matches.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Yeah, playing solo against PH is pretty miserable, he’s a big nerf to a lot of the perks that help you survive solo queue. I think I’m taking a long break from playing survivor.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

The only change he needs is his chase music for the survivors PoV... its a real torment hearing this.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

You do realise that PH won't work well with pretty much any of the meta perks on killer as well. I guess survivors are so used to second chance perks that when a killer counters it, they can't play.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

That's pretty much the operating procedure from most Pyramid Heads I see. They cage someone, then race straight across the map to it in order to tunnel free and clear. Most of the time they get there before survivors can.

• averycoolname
    averycoolname Member Posts: 22

If a Survivor cant get to the opposite side of the map in the time someone who is Tormented is downed and sent there then you sat on your ass next to the Killer the whole time

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
  • Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

They work against every other killer, almost got suckered in and bought pyramid head because no DS was very tempting but then I remembered: There's still alot of second chance cheese and he might also get nerfed.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
  • NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

PH gets no BBQ or PGTW from it too. My guess is that you always run hook related second chances like DS and BT. That's your problem yknow.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Being “worse than Plague” is nothing to be ashamed of because Plague is a super strong killer in the right hands. I don’t see how people don’t recognize that she’s able to snowball super easily with her corruption. She is just as good at snowballing as Oni is.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    edited June 2020

I'll take the trade off of BBQ and Pop if it negates all the second chance perks you have to fight through. Plenty of games I cage someone and turn around and see a surv trying to camp the hook and save the second I turn my back. Glad they fixed the mechanic for a change for at least one killer.

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208

exactly that. I have been tired of swf. This killer is going to make a balance

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

I like PH, also I didn't know you could bodyblock cages because I don't run to them. A surv in a cage hopefully means that another one is running for the save while I check out generators. That's what his healing perk is for I suppose, so when they're uncaged and a surv screams from healing so far away. I'll get accused of tunneling sometimes, but in my defense, that's because the surv I'm chasing runs straight to the aurv that was just unhooked, and why would I Not hit them again... Lol

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

I'm really enjoying the houdini build (Lithe, Quick and Quiet, Dance with Me, and Iron Will) against him. He wants to camp pallets and vaults. Bait out his power while dodging it, then fast vault over a pallet or through a window and disappear into thin air.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Gotta agree wityh ya. This killer seems built to get tons of value from playstyles that people hate such as camping and tunneling. I've yet to encounter an executioner who strays more than 24m from a hooked/caged survivor.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Abusing a mechanic isn't the same as mindlessly picking up a survivor while tunneling them off hook knowing there's an obsession then bitching about it on the forums.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Ugh, another of these posts.

1: Cages don't activate hook based perks. Good, It changes up the Meta and makes him a very interesting and fun killer. Because it's a two way street, when he cages someone the survivor can't use DS or Borrowed, but the killer can't use Pop or BBQ. Run different perks that won't be effected by hooks.

2: If PH is running too caged people once he cages them, don't go too the caged person. It's no different then if the killer is camping a hook, do gens and force his hand.

He doesn't need any nerfs, if anything his ranged attack needs a buff. It's so bad and it only works for mindgames at loops. If it was less predictable he'd be a truly great killer.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

The only thing which is disgusting is the fact he can stand in front of the cage and block it. But it's power is totally fine. You survivors rely way too much on DS and BT. Learn to safely unhook instead of doing it in front of him

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320
    edited June 2020

Every single PH I've played against has been a camper/tunneler. It's getting hard to rank past 5 now. Also, remember to crouch across his markings and they won't affect you.

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2020

Holy sht just enough look he is balanced plus the people tunneling with him are just crap but at the same time those who aren't should not have to suffer these complaints looks he fine and need no nerfs I have wrecked r1 ph and r1 survivors so he is equally balanced enough already ok hes fine plus if he needs nerfing then let's address some things that also need nerf like remove meat tree and killer shack and also remove half the pallet loops on every map there seems fair yeah see I can ruin peoples enjoyment too so stop ruining everyone elses

• Babyyy_Boyy

You’re literally stupid. First of all you should check how to spell correctly, second of all, you say remove loops and remove meat tree and killer shack but have you forgotten that half the maps had their infinites removed? Also almost every map has massive dead zones since that nerf. Sorry, you just sound stupid.

• Ashwitherton
    edited June 2020

Just leave him ok the poor guy has only had a day and already hes being judged himself I think hes perfect the way he is ok no nerfs because your to sht and need a ds a swf team and a brain dead loop up your as 24/7 because thats what a little pussy you are but at the same time no buffs because his range attack atleast needs to be dogable and fair if it's like huntress hatchets then jesus you will never miss

• Ashwitherton

Yeah well dont be a whiny btch then ok and second your the ######### talking sht