We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

When are they nerfing moris?

Seriously, I'm so damn tired of getting spirits and freddies that sweat mori and tunnel off first hook every other damn game.

It's always a green rank killer, and I'm in RED RANKS.

Fix matchmaking too while you're at it, because green rank killers are the majority of the killers that do that.

Seriously. Moris and Keys need to either GO or BE FIXED.

I want to play the game.

Comments

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

This is a mori and key post btw lmao the title would've just been too long

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

Probably never is my guess.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

For real man keys I was chasing someone who was on dead hook and he was going down in like 20 seconds cause injured and there was still 1 full gen left, it would be ez 4 kill but no 2 dudes escape with hatch then I have to go back and close the hatch because it is freaking freddy's school and ez 3 man escape

4 kill turns into 1 kill because of one survivor item how is it fair ?

• averycoolname
    averycoolname Member Posts: 22

Remember when you could Mori on first DOWN?

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020

moris were already nerfed which is why people onlyu really use them for the daily rituals and tomes etc,... moris are literally a killer daily thats the only reason people run them these days after the nerfs.

• DrDeepwound
    edited June 2020

Let me guess you werent here when the old moris were. If you were you would understand my comment.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

when are we nerfing keys and gen times?

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208

Never

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I would give Mori if key would avoid escape by hatch to several players and doesnt start the ECG

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited June 2020

Probably never as they have already been nerfed. Before a killer could mori instantly.

The only change I would like to see are Mori's and keys to actually be extremely rare and have a set pattern so say one in every 10 or 20 bloodwebs. I don't mind over powered items or offerings but they should not be the norm imo.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Well....if your a red rank, and they are green, isn't it fair they can even the odds a bit.

You should be complaining about the MM. Then you could get moried by a killer of equal skill level.

• DrDeepwound

One of the problems with that is, as a killer main, you will get mori daily rituals regularly, and having to level 10-20 bloodwebs just gto get a dailyu done will make it painful to accomplish.

Survivors get daily rituals that dont ask them to do anything out of the ordinary, for example "repair gens for 120 seconds" you do that normally and theres no challenge to it, killer mains get mori rituals that you have to have a offering to even do. Rituals need balancing.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Aahhh the Mori. The great equalizer for green rank killers vs. red rank survs. Perfectly balanced. As all things should be. 😂

• twistedmonkey

Those can be changed of course but even then it would stop players using them every other game as right now I can get 10 mori's easily in say 5 bloodwebs with how rng it is now.

The same with keys if rng favors you then you will have too many appear. Then there are chests. Using plunderers I got 3 keys in 4 games.

These items are complained about not just because of what they are but more so how often they are seen.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,014

The thing is, something being rare does not make it balanced. I mean, currently Moris are not rare, especially the Ebony Mori is more of an yellow Bloodweb Item than a pink one.

Buf if they would be as rare as you suggest, they would also need to be removed from Killers who already have them. Because there are people with Hundreds of Ebony Moris on their Killers. And while this would be logical to remove them, it would not really be fair.

• twistedmonkey

Nothing will stop people hoarding items or offerings or those who have already done so but that doesn't mean a change shouldn't happen which helps in the future.

The game isn't meant to be 100% balanced with these items as they are designed to be complete game changers.

As I said items like this aren't the issue as the use of them is by design but its seeing them way too often along with players taking the game too seriously when they are used.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

The killers can use a mori only if you wanted to. Can”t remember last time a killer used a mori on me. Perhaps in 2017

• DrDeepwound

yep, a mori can still be countered.

Dont get caught, and no such thing as a mori LOL

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

"It always a green rank killer and I'm in red ranks"

Well there you go. As a green rank killer who gets 50/50 balanced match/red ranks flashlighty loop squad, the Mori is the great equalizer. Your complaint is about matchmaking not mori's.

After four complete sweaty survivor games which really are not much fun, yeah I might bring a mori. Even if you mori one person to take the edge off its done its job. If I have a lucky streak of games and pip up into purple ranks, which has happened a lot, then I might bring a mori as the matchmaking in that range is still punching above my weight class and again it takes the pressure off. I'm sorry to the guy who gets it but that's the nature of the game.

Same goes for keys, if they all jump through the hatch with a key then GG, it happens. Doesn't happen every game but it does happen. If they jump through the hatch when I'm bearing down on them with NOED or a full Devour hope then bummer oh well it happens. GG and move on.

Mori's and keys are fine maybe a bit too common in the bloodweb but otherwise fine. If you want to avoid any post game EZ, baby etc, BS then just skip the chat, you know the mori or key tilted the game whether it was you who used it or not. GG and move on.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

The fact that people are calling mori an “equaliser” for games where the rank disparity is too large just shows that moris are unbalanced. An item which allows a player with less experience to beat players who should win (if ranks are accurate) is an item which is inherently unbalanced. If moris were balanced they wouldn’t allow lower ranked killers to win against survivors they should be losing against.

Fix matchmaking and nerf moris.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Good point about equalizing.

Perhaps ebony mori's should be after second hook thus allowing you to skip the need to pickup and hang the survivor. Still saves you time but isn't as oppressive as first hook mori (although the animation can be long so may not save you much time). It also still works as a counter to the DS run out the door in the EGC play. If you hooked that person twice then hey you earned the mori.

Then keys would have to be usable only during EGC, rather than waiting for last player to get hatch multiple players can get the hatch early, but keying out with gens left is just again game stunting.

I think these changes would temper their balance issues a lil while still allowing them to be used to impact game balance. Remember these items are designed to impact game balance. That's their purpose. So if the community find them to oppressive then I think the changes above could temper that a lil.

Again typically when people key out on me its already a survivor side snowball so I don't really notice. Being a generally casual gamer crutch'ing out on the occasional mori is just a bit of fun. I still say they are fine as is, but if they changed them a lil it wouldn't be the end of the world.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I get mori dailys once every 2 months, what are you talking about?

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Doesn't change the fact that moris are still way too strong now.

BNP were also nerfed once so they don't complete a gen in an instant,but they were nerfed another time because they weren't balanced even after the nerf.

Same with moris.They aren't as strong as they used to be,but that doesn't mean they are balanced yet.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Only appear In P1

less common in P2

As common as they are now in P3

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

I know, I got to rank 9 as killer and already started getting red rank survivors.. got to rank 5 and stopped playing.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2020

It's not like it's a secret when the killer uses a mori, I don't understand why it's an issue. Just play like you're afraid of the killer for once and it should be fine. You might not win as easily but the killer's still got to catch and hook you, then down you again to use it. Just... don't let him do that? If he's tunneling/camping the mori doesn't really save that much time so just play like you would vs a killer who tunnels/camps.

Personally I like moris just so I can turn off all the dumb survivor BM in advance and play a game where it doesn't take three times longer than it should to kill someone (cause of passive "nevermind you didn't actually get me perk stacking) every now and then. I generally save the actual mori effect for the flashlight clickers and teabaggers, if they weren't paying attention, or for when it becomes apparent that they're all stacking get-out-of-jail-free cards, but most of the time it's just a loading screen threat to ward off the incessant bullying behavior from normally too safe survivors.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Pretty sure they're just gonna make moris apart of every killers base kit like Pyramid Head. That is if they ever get around to changing it