Which side is easier to play, Killers or Survivors? Why?

I believe Survivors are easier, because there are so many things a killer needs to be aware of. There are 4 survivors, which takes the pressure off of a survivor. 5 gens vs 12 hooks is basically my mindset.

Comments

• MyersRulz
    MyersRulz Member Posts: 90

Imo in gameplay perspective, that would obviously be survivors, the mechanics are quite easy to learn and the main objective is pressing m1. Looping is also quite easy once you learn it. Now i do believe killer is pretty easy too but since the are multiple killers you need to learn more mechanics in orde to get better.

In terms of game knowledge (perks, items, maps, etc.) is the same for both and you should learn from both sides in order to get better.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

With premade, survivor

SoloQ, killer

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

Assuming you mean we're going against amazingly skilled Survivors and Killers. Then yes, most definitely Survivors.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Depends on three things- your perks, your rank, and what Killer it is. If youre a Rank 1 Bubba with perks like Insidious, you're bad and screwed. If youre in yellow ranks playing Doctor with perks like BBQ, you've already won.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

As survivor it is not that easy because you depend on teammates. Looping is, despite that everyone seems to wave off at that, the most difficult part of survivor gameplay, and mindgaming, being able to look behind you while chase without bumping into objects and estimating distance correctly is essential for good chases. Even wall hugging makes a huge difference, if you can just run around a small loop once or 3 times. I once watched Puppers loop a Hag around the two wooden boxes in the coal tower for 5 laps!

Beneath that, an important note is, that you don't have to be a perfect looper to have decent games. Map awareness and reading situations, when the killer has too much pressure and how you can break it or which actions would even emphazise it, is totally enough. A bit of time management to know when you should do gens or let the others do gens can already save games.

Killer gameplay is harder. Not just because of the mass of different powers. You could just focus on one killer, and most killers ("M1" killers) need the same skills for chases, using their power properly is normally just on top of it. Complete different gameplay is normally just expected by a handful of killers.

But from a killer there is more to expect to have decent games. You need to be good at chases: mindgames, learn the loops to know when to leave or when to swing etc. You need to be aware of gen locations and how good you can protect them to know if you have to let go of a gen or make sure that you definitely not lose another gen etc. Try to create deadzones by pushing survivors into certain pallets. Estimate survivor strength to know who to chase, remember all of their perks to not fall for them, assume perks depending on gameplay.

And the problem is, you need to be good in all of these points. Each mistake can cost you the game. So my choice would be also: survivor is easier.

• Shivadeathkiss
    Shivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94

If you're a killer main, you're going to say survivor.

If you're a survivor main, you'll probably say killer.

In reality both roles have their own specific challenges you will face. Best bet is to try each role and see which one you prefer.

Playing both roles will give you more insight into each.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089
    edited June 2020

From easist to hardest (or better: best potential to worst potential):

SWF-->Killer-->Solo

But neither Killer nor Survivor are hard IMO.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Killer.

Especially when the vast majority employ camp/tunnel, which requires no skill and can be done on any Killer at any level...not even more efficiently with the newest Killer.

I play Killer when I need a break from being sweat on as a survivor. I don't get any enjoyment out of camp/tunnel, so I instead try and pip up by killing no one and without blatantly farming. I typically have an fun time getting a pip this way. On days I do hook people (like for a daily), I make a specific effort to hook everyone equally before killing anyone. Survivors typically get over 20k in my matches and I rarely get post-game salt.

I agree the pressure between Killer/Survivor roles is different, naturally, but the difficulty is just not the same. Especially if you're comparing playing survivor as a solo vs. playing Killer against a random team.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Survivor

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Relevant to the conversation lol

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105

For me, killer is less stressful so it's easier. I have very bad anxiety and playing survivor makes it so much worse, especially since I have to rely on three other people and three other people have to rely on me. Being chased makes me make poor decisions, also. In theory, it should be easier for me to play survivor. The gameplay is simpler. But, in the moment, I'm not calm. I make panic driven decisions that get me killed.

When I'm playing killer, it's different. I'm chill. I don't care if I win or lose. No one relies on me. The gameplay is harder, sure, but I'm not stressed out or panicking. That makes it easier for me to make strategic decisions, and therefore makes it easier for me to play properly.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Depends on the other players.

Generally speaking, survivor is easier.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Killer is easier. That's why high ranks see more escapes compared to low ranks, the Survivors generally have more room to improve compared to most Killers. There are of course obvious exceptions such as Nurse and Huntress. But better Survivors escape more relative to worse Survivors than better Killers kill relative to worse Killers.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

IMO both sides have their ups and downs. Killer is definitly the more stressfull role, no questions asked.

But Solo Q WITH really bad teammates is WAY more aggravating. Even with decent survivors you can make stuff work and me actually escaping isnt my goal, if most make it out thats a win for me.

I would say mechanically most killers are the harder ones, since survivors don't have too many mechanics, compared to some of the more technical killers.

So really, depending on the quality of your teammates and your ability to work in a team, the answer is both are easier and harder to play.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

From new player perspective and how matchmaking currently is, survivor is way easier.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

in low ranks killer is the easier role, as survivors are very inexperienced and they cant get a good use of their tools.

the higher you get however, the more this shifts to the point where survivors are the powerrole in high ranks.

at rank 1, survivor is a lot more chill than killer is, mainly due to killers not being allowed to make any mistakes whatsoever, otherwise they are risking their win chances.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

It all depends on the skill of the opposite team. But assuming everyone is good, then yeah killer is harder