New map makes Scott Jund quit playing killer

2»

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

I main Myers, so I actually had a ball on this map. But I can see how it sucks in general for most killers. And as survivor its pretty bad. Long corridors of nothingness. Great to be in when in chase.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Man sometimes I wonder if Gens even exist on this map sometimes. Everytime I've gone to this level I seem to just sightsee around the school, taking in the nostalgia because I somehow manage to walk through the same room multiple times without realising I just went in a huge circle. But, it's a fun map anyways.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited June 2020

Wow what a surprise. A killer main baby who cares 0 about survivors complaining when it gets hard. Well , boohoo...

Not to mention people quit all the time for different reasons. What difference does it make if someone (a streamer or not) quits? Streamers are not gods. Them quitting and complaining is as important as a random player complaining.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

Who's scott jund ?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

Rule of thumb: If someone refers to someone by name/username and acts like you should already know who they are, they're a streamer.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

Should I advise the OP how much I care if he plays or not ?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
  • Batu45
    Batu45 Member Posts: 10

Every chapter is coming out buggy at first i dont know why its always the same bugs. Also new killer on his new map is too strong and on other maps very weak.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

agree, and idk why people say is a WEAK killer , i mean rlly....? :7

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110

See thats part of the issue with the games balancing, too. Some people get one or two Merciless games and say "idk what yall are on about" but who knows, those few games could've been potatoes, you could've gotten lucky. Nobody can pinpoint a control group because every group plays the game differently and wins differently. You can't balance something from all angles if you can't define a middle ground, and i think thats the problem.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

What a wimp.

• Papamodzz
    Papamodzz Member Posts: 57

I like the map but finding gens is a pain and pyramid head the only reason why ppl gonna think he's op cause he can hold torment till death hook and get a easy mori and there's no way to remove torment unless you unhook someone out of a cage but idk i think he's fun and is the noise bug on pc? cause on xbox i can hear surviours just fine and when i play as a survivor

• MercySparda
    MercySparda Member Posts: 17

Personally I don't mind the new map and at this point I'm flat out a pyramid head main. I'm absolutely loving him, doing way better than I was with any other killer. I'm averaging 3 kills a game minimum minus one game where I just wasn't as good as the survivors (curse you red ranks). I think he's balanced in all the right ways. The map is definitely confusing, but play it enough and you'll learn it.

• MercySparda
    MercySparda Member Posts: 17

Um. I play on xbox. I put trail on stairs constantly, especially coming up from the basement after hooking. Maybe that's just a bug for you?

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

I tried placing it on the stairs in the gideon meat packing and it didn't work. Maybe idk ima go check just in case I'm incorrect. I know it works on the new map. But everything else I said still stands.

• Tired_Bubba
    Tired_Bubba Member Posts: 21

I don't think this video was worth it? I'm not saying this as a hater I've never watched him but I feel as this could've just been a side note or, live stream of course making it a video will get it noticed more by devs, which I agree with.

regarding the map I personally love it, it's a bit like the game or Hawkins so I don't know why this map is the map to break people? like it's hard to find gens on Hawkins, lerys so I'm not sure why this one is the one to do that? but I understand where he's coming from.

I personally don't get sound issues either as killer or survivor, Bills are still as loud as ever to me atleast but it's still early in this patch

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

How many of these sound bugs have been acknowledged to exist? 1. 1 out of 7.

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136

I don't always agree with Scott, but he is 100% about both sounds and the new map.

Map is painful for every Killer except maybe Nurse, Freddy, and perhaps stealth killers. Any standard mobility killer will find this map extremely frustrating. Poor line of sight, twice as many ways down as there are up, making it basically impossible to interrupt survivors on gens if you're approaching from the first floor. So far, I would say any success I have had on this map as Killer is probably attributed to survivors being unfamiliar with it as well. Once they know the gen placement, efficiently pressuring this map will be brutal.

Some rooms have holes in the wall that connect them, some don't. I feel like eventually remembering which of these rooms are a dead end will be crucial to coraling survivors, though, so I can see the merit in it.

In general, I'm not a fan of indoor maps with so many hiding spots. The same bushes in Dead Dawg Saloon seem to be in the corners if the courtyard area and even survivors wearing neon cosmetics can hide in them and be invisible. When I play survivor, as cheeky as I find it to hide in plain sight from the Killer in a shrub, I do acknowledge that it's kind of bullsh*t.

Ive experienced many of these sound issues firsthand, and they seem to be more common on the new map. The sound occlusion in particular is really bad and some gens cannot be heard even with 3 survivors on it unless you approach it from a specific angle.

There's a lot of misleading sound fx on the new map as well. The crying woman in the stall, the rattling cages, etc. I don't have an issue with these sounds and I think it's a good way to keep the killer sharp with their ears. It becomes a problem, however, when the sounds of survivors don't work as intended.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Is it good for clown? Because it is great for legion...

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Why quit playing the killer tho? I dislike the map but that is just because I hate indoor maps but quiting playing as the killer? Just bring a different map offering and play a different killer. I get that audio bug are annoying but I still play both killer and survivor.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2020

I havent see the jump scare yet. Do you know where it is? On the map?

• phoenixgam3r
    phoenixgam3r Member Posts: 1

This has not been my experience at all. None of the sound bugs he's talking about. It feels like the new map has too many sounds on it that make it hard to hear anything else though.

Like every update it feels confusing at first and then I adapt to learning the new characters and map, and I love it.

• komaboma
    komaboma Member Posts: 56

Oh its not? Ignore all the countless ######### sound bugs making it near impossible to find survivors, 4 man bully squads, all the God loops and infinites, the countless crutch perks survivors have then maybe just maybe its not rough to play killer. But again you have a Laurie strode profile picture so I dont suspect much

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

same love the map on both side it just the sound messed up.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Okay? Idk who Scott Jund is and I don't really care what he likes or dislikes. I enjoy the map as do others.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

My sound works. A streamer cherry picking one video of the sound not working is not evidence the sound is completely bugged. To be perfectly honest, you don't need sound with all the aura perks child. I also don't blame people playing in SWF because believe me, I have played enough solo to know good and well that it is the devil's hell and a killer's playhouse. At least Laurie is a real survivor, not what DBD has her dumbed down to be.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

yea i want that too i mean it happens in horror movies why could cats jump out of no where scary us like scream.we have birds.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2020

I've never heard of this guy in my entire life. Not trying to be mean or anything. There's a post like this everyday. It doesn't really sway me one way or the other. Even if the best well known players quit, whatever. As far as actual art,it's the best map they've ever designed,hands down. There's really no comparison, especially for a just released map.

It seems to go really well for some killers. Doctor seems to do pretty good. Pyramid Head,a good few of the stealth ones. So if you main a certain guy,it might not go so well, because of the distance you might have to travel. As survivor,there's tons of places to hide,if that's your thing,plus you can see the killer from a mile away sometimes. I really don't think it's bad. Not too many maps got overwhelming praise when they were released anyway.

The sound bugs however,I really don't blame someone for taking a break over. You either modify your strategy,or chill until it gets fixed. Everyone needs a break sometimes anyways. If you love the game and dedicated yourself to it,you can look past some of the flaws on occasion. I was furious with the matchmaking when I was low rank killer just returning to the game. I just switched to survivor for awhile.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222

as addicting as this game is it can be completely utter garbage when problems like these pop up (like really atleast 5 times a year) lol

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222

BUT KEEP BUYING OUR OUTFITS FOR 10-15 dollars!

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Well, streamers bring in new players and motivate others to continue playing and to buy stuff. Especially of that viewer size. For BHVR they are important, for us players a little bit aswell since fog whisperers have a direct contact for ideas from the community (if the devs would listen).

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Someone who earns money for playing it is different to the random player. If someone quits the money on the line the devs should be concerned because that could be an indication that many random players are going to quit aswell

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Hahaha when he even says there's many reasons and you still water it down to "New map makes Scott Jund quit playing killer."

That's rich.

• komaboma
    komaboma Member Posts: 56

I Was literally watching a streamer play killer and he couldn't hear survivors, its also happened to me. Like watch any killer stream.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

He did not quit playing the game, he streamed it pretty much everyday since he made the video LOL

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Map is fine. It's a great map to play on. Lots of little areas for survivors to duck into and plenty of places for killers to corner them.

PointyBoy is fine as a killer. He's definitely in a good place and I'm happy to have him.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I have yet to find this one

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Sc..who? But I agree with most things except the map I mean it's not perfect in any way, but not that bad either.

This discussion has been closed.