BHVR, your attempts to fix powerful loops made some of them stronger.

While, yes, some loops are notably weaker. Other loops have had the opposite effect to them.

Two worst offenders so far have been;

• Groaning Storehouse: The storehouse loop has actually been made longer, and now has more LOS blockers so a 'Chase' can just end mid loop. It's so long, in fact, that even Bamboozle doesn't last long enough to stop a Survivor.
  • Disturbed Ward: You've turned the Ward loop into an infinite. The distance between the Conservatory, main entrance and the broken wall is long enough that, even with bloodlust, gaining ground on a Survivor is all but impossible due to the figure-eight loop they can run that's broken up by two vault points. And again, the sheer amount of LOS blockers can just cause the 'Chase' to end.

Sure, Nurse, Trapper and to a lesser extent Hag can shut these down. But every other killer is just screwed.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@TiredFluffball said:
    While, yes, some loops are notably weaker. Other loops have had the opposite effect to them.

• Groaning Storehouse: The storehouse loop has actually been made longer, and now has more LOS blockers so a 'Chase' can just end mid loop. It's so long, in fact, that even Bamboozle doesn't last long enough to stop a Survivor.
    • Disturbed Ward: You've turned the Ward loop into an infinite. The distance between the Conservatory, main entrance and the broken wall is long enough that, even with bloodlust, gaining ground on a Survivor is all but impossible due to the figure-eight loop they can run that's broken up by two vault points. And again, the sheer amount of LOS blockers can just cause the 'Chase' to end.

Sure, Nurse, Trapper and to a lesser extent Hag can shut these down. But every other killer is just screwed.

it's kinda early to tell if these loops are actually stronger but I can see the developers reasoning. They increased the distance to use a God window and thus allow the killer more time to catch up to the survivor before they reach the window again.

• TiredFluffball
    TiredFluffball Member Posts: 32

In theory, that works.

But the trouble is, it makes Bamboozle lose some of its already niche use and again, these longer loops actually makes it easier for a Survivor to break chase simply due to the LOS blockers.

I can understand their reasoning, but it doesn't really feel like they tested out the changes.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

And it takes way longer for a windowblocker to appear.
    The indirect nerf to Bamboozles got already mentioned.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited September 2018

In theory, that works.

But the trouble is, it makes Bamboozle lose some of its already niche use and again, these longer loops actually makes it easier for a Survivor to break chase simply due to the LOS blockers.

I can understand their reasoning, but it doesn't really feel like they tested out the changes.

I know, I see your reasoning and justification! However bamboozle should block only one window permanently until you vault a different window in my opinion because some loops are too extended. Thank you for the civilized response, keep it up! :)
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Wolf74 said:
    And it takes way longer for a windowblocker to appear.
    The indirect nerf to Bamboozles got already mentioned.

I think they should adjust Bamboozle since they adjusted Blood lust. Anywhere from 50% (12/18/24 seconds) to 100% (16/24/32 seconds) time increase.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

The bloodlust nerf was also just wrong.
    There is not enough compensation for it, since their map revamp failed on several maps.
    At least they should shorten the time to gain bloodlust.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@TiredFluffball said:

Why am I not surprised. And good luck with trapper and hag trying to trap the important loops against a SWF :lol:

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2018

If I had to guess, BHVR didn't test this at all or they did and didn't change it because they wanted to make sure that Survivors wouldn't whine their butts off and review bomb the game.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018
    My biggest problem is that I’ve noticed that generator and hatch grabs cancel mid animation. That pisses me off. Seems like it might be caused by pressing your attack key/button/mouse/trigger more than once. 

Either way, it’s demoralizing.