NOED needs to be reworked

Options

If its not confirmed for a rework already i forgot. Reason i say it needs to be reworked is simply its too good for what it does. We've had things on the survivor side like Mettle of Man, exhaustion and probably others that gave too much benefit for little to effort nerfed or reworked. Even ruin was changed for one of the reasons being it gave too much benefit for what it was. NOED rewards bad play and not doing your job as killer. It should be changed to be a little less rewarding and not be a permanent insta kill on all survivors until the game ends or the totem in cleansed. I'm not saying gut the perk either i play killer a lot too and we definitely need a perk that stays in the survivors minds to force them to do something other than just generators. Though in its current state it changes the swing of a game too fast and too drastically in a good amount of games.The King made a good video a little while ago with what i think is a great suggestion for a NOED rework

Comments

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

i feel that. Hard for me to say if i think they'd do that one

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    edited June 2020
    Options

You could say it rewards a Killer for not doing their job.

Or you could say it penalizes Survivors for not doing their secondary objective.

Personally, when NOED goes off (and especially if it hits me), I am typically pissed at my team - not the Killer. I tend to get at least 2 totems in a match. So if no one else does their part and we get hit with NOED, thats a survivor problem.

The only caveat to this are people who camp and force genrush. Those people have a special place in hell.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363
    Options

Don't gen rush like crazy and get totems... BOOM rework done right. Since so many noed play survs started to cleanse totems just to be safe so noed got reputation of the ds perk. If they rework noed then ds should be reworked too. Since killers won't risk always to try and insta hook surv cz of ds maybe.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    edited June 2020
    Options

Noed is OP because its able to disable before it can be used.

But I have some ideas:

1. Remove Hex, after 5 Gen done, Killer has 7 tokens, each M1 takes 1 tokens (either hit or miss). Instant down on hit.
    2. Remove Hex, after 5 Gen done, Killer has 5 tokens, each sucess M1 takes 1 tokens. Instant down on hit.
    3. Remove Hex, after 5 Gen done, Killer have 3 tokens, each sucess M1 on healthy survivors takes 1 tokens. Instant down on hit.
  • chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

Yes, sometimes I do get pissed at my team for doing totems. I did 4 totems one totem and found the 5th, but I was in a chase. It was a really visible totem too, team just didn't take the time to do it.

Got hit with NOED... was really mad.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Honestly, NOED really isn't that bad. It takes 12 seconds to cleanse a totem, meaning that all 4 Survivors could spend about 30 seconds not doing gens and have all totems cleansed. If I'm scared of NOED (which I rarely see in the higher ranks), I just spend a little bit of time looking for all of the totems and wiping them out at the start, and it really doesn't take too long. You can even take in a rainbow map with range addons for good measure.

The only NOED users I'm scared of are the GOOD players who use it.... truly, no one escapes death against those gamers (haha). However, I think NOED is perfectly fine. It can be rendered useless before the end-game and it can still be cleansed once activated as well. It's also basically a counter of sorts to Adrenaline, which can't be cleansed and is guaranteed to activate once all gens are done/hatch is shut.

• kosmi
    Options

Cleanse totems and boom rework done right. After so many noed plays surv started to cleanse totems just to be safe similar as ds perk for killers. So if they rework noed then ds should be reworked too. Also many still wan't to swarm the gens and tilting killers cz of that while forgoting for noed and when noed comes to play booohooo hooo no fair perk. And so on. Instead of playing m1 simulator get into the map run with killer and cleanse totems...

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

NOED is not even kind of a great perk for killer. Unless you want to get a bunch of complaining one of ten matches.

Having a perk that is useful for 90% of the match has far more utility then one that maybe let's you get some make up after a terrible match.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

My only issue with NOED is when the killer forces survivors to do gens because they camp. The killer then gets rewarded by getting a couple more kills with NOED.

There should be a requirement like hook all survivors at least once for it to activate at the endgame.

Or at the very least have it only activate when the exit gates are OPEN. (FYI 99’d gates can just be countered by opening the gates yourself)

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

Yeah thats why i don't want to gut it because it checks survivors that do nothing but gens but i bring it up specifically for those killers that rely on it. Especially the ones that camp and then benefit from survivors gen rushing to avoid being face camped only to be hit with noed.

• SlingerKing
    SlingerKing Member Posts: 65
    Options

Maybe you do bones next time instead of gen Rush yes?

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Noed is fine, they even added a perk that counters it (Soul Guard) so stop crying already. I don't even use NOED but all these constant post crying about this stupidly easy to counter perk is just dumb now. Seriously man just gitgud idk what else to say, if you struggle to noed then you are just bad at the game cause the perk is an absolute joke in red ranks.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

I use to feel that way too but that's why i suggested the rework that the king came up with in his video. The one shot effect would still take place in normal games where the survivors don't cleanse totems but they'd be limited to only one insta down per survivor essentially. So it still punishes them but its not a perk to carry a killer that plays bad or makes bad plays or doesnt pressure enough.

• SlingerKing
    Options

Sure let's go ahead and Nerf noed. But only if decisive strike now solely Works only for the obsession. In other words if you're not the obsession your DS doesn't activate ever.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

a bit snarky there, but again i play killer too i know what you mean and im saying an actual good rework not a nerf to allow survivors to gen rush with no fear or drawback i play legion i need all the gen stalling i can get xD. I can link the rework suggestion that the king made so i don't have to try and explain it all here.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

appreciate the reference and it wasn't a gen rush game it was a long slow tedious game but two of us made it to the end but noed and all the other games with a camper so gen rush of course but forgot totems so noed and dead.

• kosmi
    Options

The point is to be punished for gen rushing especialy with swf on comms trying to be toxic and so on. If you wan't to gen rush then simply get punished for that. No needs to link and links. I play both killer and survs and i hate when get with 3 swf who onlny sit on gens i can't even get enought points on other objectives since they only care to make fun of killers instead to play a game.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I wouldn't mind making it so you have to hook all survivors to get it to activate tbh. Or all survivors who have been hooked once are affected by it at the end

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

If you use the argent that noed rework bad play then DS, BT and all the other second chance perk need a rework because they reward survivor bad play and just like those perk noed can be counter you can even stop the perk before it activate if you do bones so i think noed should not be touch for now

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

Not sure why you're comparing noed to ds. DS lets you save yourself from a killer one time whether its at the start middle or end of a game or fail trying rendering it a useless perk. NOED lets you possibly get a 4k at the end of the game, or get a little use or no use out of it basically useless but the turnouts are not even close to the payouts one can give over the other.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

Yeah something like that is all im suggesting some of the people commenting are acting like i said it shouldn't one shot or it should be nerfed to the ground

• SlingerKing
    Options

Oh you don't like the idea of having a perc that you might not be able to even use once in a game? That's a shame welcome to being a killer.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

NOED is not overpowered. NOED isn't fun to use or play against, but it isn't OP. Here is why:

The Killer has to play with 3 perks instead of 4. This is a huge disadvantage.

Survivors can completely disable NOED and be handsomely rewarded for it. Cleansing Dull Totems give 1000 points. DO IT!

Finally, if you think a Killer has NOED, do not play around. Get out as soon as you can. If he gets one of your teammates, do not go back for them. If he only kills one, that is almost 100% a de-pip.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

When you pick noed, you are exchanging running with 4 perks to running with 3 perks in order to gamble on a power boost after 5 gens are done. You are basically making a bet that survivors won't cleanse totems. If they cleanse all the totems, you lose the gamble. If they don't, you win your gamble and get that power boost.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options
  • Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183
    Options

NOED rewards bad play and not doing your job as killer.

Dead Hard rewards bad play and not doing your job looping, DS rewards bad play and the team not doing their job unhooking safely, Hatch rewards not finishing gens, etc. Killers get 1 second chance perk while survivors can load up 4 (dead hard, unbreakable, ds, adrenaline) different ways to undo damage on themselves with perks.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

My only issue with NOED is when the killer forces survivors to do gens because they camp. The killer then gets rewarded by getting a couple more kills with NOED.

Killer: Killer camp? Just Gen rush.

Survivor: Then in end game I get Noed

Killer: May be you should stop Gen rush and do totems?

Even as a Killer main my self, I see this conversation is too stupid from Killer. If you expect 3 survivors to finish all Gens (depends on how much time survivor #1 buy until he's down) and do all totems in 120sec (2 hook stages), I have nothing more to say.

SWF can instantly Gen rush and escape before 120sec timer is out. But for Solo, Im sure other 3 will waste at least 20sec to check if survivor #1 is face camped and get back to Gen, 120sec may not even enough for them to finish Gens.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

It's not permanent. Do bones then you won't have an issue.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

I don't see a problem with that, as long as it stays an effective counter to Adrenaline!

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

You know the concept and logic of what people perceive NOED to be is just ridiculous. If I as a Killer ran NOED in my build, but I never got to EGC to use it, does that make me a bad Killer? If my build was purposefully meant for endgame and it included NOED, does that make me a bad Killer?

I've seen so many rebounds when all Gens popped WITHOUT NOED being used that it amazes me when someone does finally equip NOED, they are suddenly a bad Killer because they couldn't get hooks or kills before when others did the same exact thing but without that perk equipped lol.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

Well with noed it says you had a crutch. It's the same as when you have a survivor escape and try to call you trash but all of their parks were crutch perks. I've made comebacks without noed. Which shows you can capitalize on their mistakes or rely on things that aren't one hit knockdown related.

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

Personally I prefer dropping them when gens are done and slapping them down immediately. I get a laugh and they don't get a full heal

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

There is currently no need to nerf killer perks as long as survivors are the power-role, especially not NOED.

NOED's true power comes from making survivors fear dull totems, it's powerful even if killers don't use it.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

A "Crutch" perk that you can disable early on in the game. If you've made comebacks without NOED, that insinuates you're not a bad player. So if you include NOED into your build, how does that suddenly make you a bad player? And from the sound of it, you just seem to hate one-hit knockdown things anyways. Does that mean Devour Hope, Rancor, Make Your Choice, Haunted Ground and Iron Maiden are bad/clutch perks too? Not even including the insta-down Killers either.

You also do realize that the average BHVR is looking for are 2k games? So if you've done your job right and got 2 people killed by the time all Gens popped, you've done your job as a Killer and you weren't bad. So what's the issue with having NOED for the final 2 assuming they haven't disabled it or don't escape?

• DNM
    DNM Member Posts: 59
    Options

NOED doesn't need a rework like any hex perk it's a double edged sword if you're so worried about it start cleansing if you still get hit with it then RIP

• Ramxenoc445
    Options

That's fair but I just don't think it should keep everyone exposed the whole time. And no I don't hate or dislike the other one hit perks. The only one I feel can't be countered outside of just looping is rancor. But I don't really hate noed either and I only see it if I'm playing with lower ranks most times or with my two friends because they don't cleanse totems for #########. It just seems like some killers rely to heavily on it is why I'm thinking a rework to let the one hit be only once or twice per survivor instead of permanent.