The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Genrushing. Does it exist?

2»

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Gen rushing is a thing especially with coordinated survivors, yesterday I was doing a match with clown, by the time I actually found someone on mother's dwelling they did 3 gens, audio bugs make it worse because sometimes you can't even hear if a gen is being worked on, also no footsteps or grass even no scratchmarks when they are running, so you have to rely on certain perks like whispers just to know if someone is there.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Eh. I get where you are coming from but its not always that simple.

For example, when the first Gen gets done so quickly that the game doesn't even update the number of Gens (Changing from 5 to 4). Killer can't really apply pressure in this situation.

---

Survivors have one objective: Survive. They do this by completing Gens. So completing Gens quickly is the best way for them to meat this objective. It feels bad for Killers when things go super fast. But Survivors are just blitzing their objective because they don't have anything else to do, really. Why spend time doing anything else when they don't get the gates open?

Its just like how Killers have one objective: Kill the survivors. While it feels bad for survivors when they get tunneled, it is one of the best ways for Killers to meet their objective. The faster they can get someone out of the game, the easier it will be to kill the rest of survivors and the harder it will be for Survivors to escape.

Neither of these things feel fun to the other side. But what can you do? They are legit strategies.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

I think if a gen kick actually damaged progress instead of starting regressing that it would help with gens a lot. Like 8% progress loss and the gen regresses. We could nerf Pop to 17% or something so that it's really the same effect since getting 33% on a gen is a LOT. It would also mean that gen tapping would be less effective and killers wouldn't need actual game delay perks since they have a manual surge.

• CriminalMind_ITA
    CriminalMind_ITA Member Posts: 93

SOMEONE GIVE A MEDAL TO THIS MAN

SURVIVOR MAINS, READ THIS

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

The answer is no. Genrushing doesnt exist. It was a term made up by killers to explain why the objective was going too quickly and so they can use it as a term in an argument. Bottom line anyways. Genrushing doesnt exist, never did. But people still find ways of using it still.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,198

It's just a term for optimal objective speed. The games should never last more than 5-7 minutes. The only reason they do are because people don't run effectively or aren't efficient on generators.

• i do think there is such thing as gen rushing, and it mostly happens in swf teams. But if you had, say downed 50% of the swf, then that win is almost as good as yours. there's always Noed in the endgame if they're being especially if they are being toxic little shits. there are definitely ways to counter gen rushing, like hex ruin and map pressuring.

but there are also times when you feel so helpless against gen rushing swf teams, then well, i recommend you just dc :v