Why do killers have it so easy compared to survivors? (anniversary crowns)

Options

Why do killers get to keep their crown regardless of the trials outcome but survivors have to escape or they'll lose the crown? How is this fair? You'd have to be blind to not see the obvious bias in this...

At least have it so survivors get to keep their crown even if they're sacrificed or killed.

Comments

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

aside from survivor having a hard time with sweaty killers more than half the time, yeah the crown looks like low res garbage.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

So is everything else in the game, that's not a good point at all.

Virtual economies work exactly the same as physical economies, items have value and the only difference, is that value of whatever you're pining after is determined by what you are willing to do and / or pay for it. Obviously influenced by how rare it is, (supply and demand yadda yadda yadda)

A 300$ knife skin in CSGO is worth 300$ because of how rare it is but also because people say it is. The in-game market on a wide scale determines that this is something that's valuable, that people want, and therefore it's worth what it is.

Now obviously there's no market in Dead By Daylight, but I'm just using it as an example that "the crown is just pixels" is a blatantly incorrect statement, objectively.

The knife in CSGO, much like the crown in DBD, is also pixels. And in an old fashioned "practical" sense both are worthless, but times are changing and in a virtual world connected through the internet that's no longer necessarily true.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250
    Options

Yet killers can just AFK once they get the crown and deny the survivors of any actual gamelplay or facecamp survivors who found a crown if they feel like being toxic. Killer's should be prevented from ruining the event just as much as survivors. it's not as if killers are pure angels who can do no harm...

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

Yep. Killer who despises whiny entitled Survies but I am objectively fair and the requirements for the two sides are grossly imbalanced. I am therefore NOT killing anyone during this event. Ranking can [Gently Caress] itself.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I've tried farming, but the survivors usually leave ASAP. Oddly enough, they take longer to leave if I'm AFK.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Did you not read what I wrote?

Sure a killer could do that, but it is theoretically faster for them to murder all the Survivors, which is what they're supposed to be doing. I've seen recordings and even been part of a game where the killer just suddenly won in 1-2 minutes. Also... throwing as the Killer is also boring... making it much less likely a Killer will go that route.

Survivors on the other hand, without the survive requirement, it is obviously and ridiculously faster for them to throw once they have the crown and not significantly more boring than playing normally.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

The answer to that is require BP to earn the crown, my example in my thread is 15k BP. This way neither the killer or survivor can hope in the match grab a crown AFK/Die on First hook and get it. Instead they have to get the crown than play the match and earn at least 15k in Blood Points to unlock it for that character. This condition would apply to both survivor and killer.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Same. I'm really not a fan of events set up like this.

• FFirebrandd
    Options

That... y'know... I can't see why they couldn't have gone with that. Though one could argue that's still not exactly fair because Survivor has worse BP gains than Killer. Like a sub 15k game as Survivor is reasonably common for me. A sub 15k game as Killer means I got wrecked really badly.

Oh wait... I know how this could get abused. Everybody just starts trying to do farming games which is a different sort of ruining the game.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020
    Options

Explain to me how my post was not a good point at all?.What are you going to do now become the forum police and arrest me for posting my thoughts😐.

• mouse0270
    Options

Yes I understand that its not perfect, but its better than their current solution. I also choose 15k because it usually means you played the game. AFKers wont get it and people who die on first hook wont get it.

As for farming, that is already a thing, can't help that.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

It is fair because it's the same for every single player. When you play killer, you get it easily. When you play survivor, you have to escape. It is that way for me, for you, and for everyone else playing the game. How is that not fair? I could see a complaint if it were only you that had to escape, but im pretty sure it's not.

• mouse0270
    Options

You don't have to "play" killer to earn it, you just have to grab the crown and AFK.

You have to "play" survivor to earn it.

• goatslinger
    Options

Sure. But it's that way for everyone is it not? So you can get your killer crowns just as easily as I can get mine correct?

• mouse0270
    Options

As in, you and I have to do the same thing to unlock the Kate crown cosmetic, yes.

As in the killer and survivor can earn the cosmetic with the same or even similar ease, no.

• goatslinger
    Options

But every person who plays this game has to do the same thing to unlock the crown for a character if i'm not mistaken. For you to get the kate crown you need to find it and escape. For me to get the kate crown I have to find it and escape. For you to get the hag crown you just need to find it. For me to get the hag crown I just need to find it. So you, and I have to do the same things to get the crowns. What is not fair about this?

• FFirebrandd
    Options

Farming is indeed already a thing, but it is relatively uncommon. If earning the crown was tied to BP then the amount of farming games would explode. Honestly I think the way they have things set up is the best way to do it to not incentivise anyone to ruin games.

Why does Survivor require escaping? To prevent Survivors from suiciding once they have a crown.

Why does it not require a certain amount of blood points? Because that incentivises Farming.

Why does Killer not require a 4k? Because if it did, there'd be Ebony Mori's for days and no one wants that.

Like... right now for Killer, you are incentivised to find the crown and then... nothing. Maybe play a little more dirty to end the game faster but it isn't required. Right now for Survivor, you are encouraged to... well... survive which is your normal goal anyway. On the more toxic end of things for survivors... they're encouraged to Gen Rush and maybe bring a Key which are, well, valid tactics.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

This was the exact problem with the first Hallowed Blight event. As soon as people got their vials filled with nectar, they'd find the killer and suicide on hook so they could move to the next game ASAP and get more vials and nectar. As such, this resulted in abhorrent queue times, all for a game where people would suicide 3 minutes in cause there were no more Pustulas to drain.

• mouse0270
    Options

I understand you are meming, but for those who come across this. Think of a game of dodge ball. Where one side is the killers and one side is the survivors. Currently dodgeball is balanced because to win, you have to eliminate each side. However if the rules were written like this.

• Blue team to win all you have to do is not step out of lines (DC)
    • Red team to win you have to knock out all members of blue team (escape)

Matches end faster by AFK.

• mouse0270
    Options

Grabbing a crown and AFK isn't harder than completing 5 gens and escaping. We're not talking about which side is harder to "win" the round. We are talking about the complexity of earning a crown.

• goatslinger
    Options

But the way this event is set up, everyone can be on the blue team, then change to the red team and vice versa. It would be unfair If I was placed on the red team and had no hope of ever being on the blue team right? But since I can choose which team I want to be on and so can everyone else, it seems pretty fair to me.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options
  • MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

Shouldn't we be asking for survivors to keep their crown on death rather than complain about the other side? I'm just letting people escape in the meantime.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Someone said this earlier so I'm going to use it. Why do killers need to get merciless for the adept?

• ActulCasul
    ActulCasul Member Posts: 178
    Options

It's near impossible to main every killer and 4k in red ranks whereas you can escape ez without perks

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

yeah except going afk is a waste of my time as I then become beholden to the survivors to finish the map. makes no sense. just kill them, saves time.

I'll admit that the survivors requirement is a bit silly but its not because the killer requirement sucks, its because the event sucks and was poorly done. Why would they make an event that purposely makes one side play different while the other is basically doing the same thing they have always done and if they see a crown cool, cheers mate. Poor design. they should have made the event tied to doing certain in game objectives, like gens complete, safe hook rescues, escaping, doing bones, being chased. you could also do similar requirements for the killers to get their crown too.

I can now understand why devs seemed hesitant to do in game events like this because I don't think they took enough time/had enough time to properly introduce a new in game element. My advice for the future would be to make a separate game mode where the changes to the game play are made and make it specific to one map. Rainbow six sieges absolute best event they ever did (operator Olympics) was relegated to a single map and it was a blast. The reason why it was so good was because it was highly polished because they only needed to make the changes to one singular map.

• Seiko300
    Options

Little do you know... I AM THE FORUM POLICE.

Sir, I'm an undercover cop... I'm gonna have to ask you to come with me

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    Options
  • Seiko300
    Options
  • Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168
    Options

I think it's a pretty good decision that the killers will get it without any problems. Think what will happen, if he needs an amount of kills. The matches will end with camping, tunneling and moris. Now a killer has the possibility to be nice to other players. I like the idea. Spread more love and humanity in this game ♥️. Additionally killer gameplay is stressful enough ✌️.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

I'd rather not have a repeat of The Hallowed Blight where the norm was filling your vial then suiciding on hook.

Seriously trying to get a legitimate normal match rarely happened.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Ok the obvious answer is let you keep the crown if you found it no matter what its everyone gets a trophy day, but lets just see what a 4k for the crown would equal in terms of game play it would be a tunnel hook camp mori fest the likes of which you have never seen.

Now think of all the crying then.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

They already do it. I just had a match where the killer decided to camp and tunnel me just because I have found a crown.

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168
    Options

That's sad, I'm sorry. But to cheer you up a little bit, I got a game where the killer carried me to exit gate because I was wearing a crown. That was the one of the best moments of this year. Not because I got the skin, because it felt like someone wantes to make someone happy 😊.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    Options

however is usually the opposite. once killers have it easier than survivors...

• Saitamfed
    Options

So basically you're using a fallacy? Since you can't prove a point you move the discussion into a different direction?

What is unfair remains unfair. It's like saying moris are unfair and you say "And keys are fine?" no one talked about keys, the topic owuld be moris.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

Blendettes wont be using the new skins anyway So I see where you're coming from.

• Saitamfed
    Options

Well, that's nice. We do need less toxicity in the game.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Silly title question.

Everything in the game right now is the easiest its ever been for Killers. Why not the anniversary event too?

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

I have been playing it... If you have a crown already your free game. If you dont and have the buff I let you go.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158
    Options

Survivors main i think view people who play killer as more of npc enemies so to them it doesn't really make sense why it's even possible to get a kill lol.

It sucks because it seems like these people are also who the devs cater to. Making the game easier for survivor doesn't make it more fun. That's separate from this because I do think you should be able to keep the crown but you know

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

No I'm just stating a point. Is it harder as survivor to get the crown? Yes. Is it also harder getting adept as Killer? Yes.

The mori example doesn't work lad lol because if someone said moris are unfair they would also say "keys are unfair" or people in the comments would also say it.

I brought up my point not to change the discussion, but to prove their isn't any bias.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

I'm talking overall - killer is harder to play.

God forbid they have it easier than survivors for once.