Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Crown Bug, Doesn’t appears as a cosmetic

Phon
Phon Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting

Platform: Console, Xbox

While playing the new event, I’ve collected a crown but it seems to not appear for my survivor as a cosmetic. I’ve got a clip here to show I’ve collected the crown in trial but not as a cosmetic.

EDIT: after discussing this with a few other people, this issue is most common on console and a few on PC as well. This still is an issue and I am willing to send more clips of this issue with different survivors & killers. As of right now I cannot get the crown for any survivor or killer even after grabbing and leaving with the crown during a trial.

Post edited by Phon on
24 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

The team is investigating. If any PC users could post their Logs that would be extremely helpful, thank you!

Comments

• iBeKevo
    iBeKevo Member Posts: 12

Same thing happened to me 😢

• robangus
    robangus Member Posts: 10

Same, ive played switch and PC today and experienced it on switch and a friend on PC when i got it. (Twice on switch!)

• mrkrow
    mrkrow Member Posts: 9

Same. Playing on PS4 console I too am not getting the crown. Recorded video as well.

• alysenightmare
    alysenightmare Member Posts: 1

Same to me on both a killer and survivor. I play on xbox

• stedfastboat088
    stedfastboat088 Member Posts: 1

Same for me, I've collected the crown about 8 times, but the crown doesn't show on any survivors or killers. I play on xbox, and my gamertag is the same as my username. Please help and love the game!

• RiskyShark
    RiskyShark Member Posts: 19

Same thing happened to me on cbox but with doc

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

Same for me, im on Xbox and escaped twice as Meg, crown, glowing, sparkles and all...

• Cheshire_Katzen
    Cheshire_Katzen Member Posts: 1

Same, from the PC. I earned it on my Survivors but I cannot earn it on my Killers. I am trying with the Huntress multiple times, and the Trapper a few as well. I can't seem to pick up the buff. No glitter outline, the pillar doesn't go away, and no matter how many times I slash it nothing happens. Please help.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Same. PS4, escaped while glowing after collecting a crown three times as Dwight. Got a scoring event (500 points I think) for escaping with the crown but no crown is shown when I look at Dwight's head options.

• jlynn
    jlynn Member Posts: 1

Same this is why I came to the page for answers happened last night but both of my SWF got the crown at each escape

• Dwightmain310
    Dwightmain310 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

Same thing is happening to me on xbox one. So far Ive got it for Dwight and Meg but I can't seem to get it for Claudette (already escaped twice with the crown as her, didn't get the cosmetic). Im trying to get it for Jake but tunneling is a thing so no luck

• MissionSneeze66
    MissionSneeze66 Member Posts: 1

I was able to get the crown for Nea and Claudette, but I could able to get the crown for Laurie. I escaped 4 times with the glow and I still didn't have the crown as a cosmetic for Laurie.

• Sitta
    Sitta Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

PC

Same, from the PC. I earned yesterday with Claudette, Jake and Feng Min but couldnt today with Laurie.

Edit: Laurie isnt a original character from DBD, my bad.

Post edited by Sitta on
  • Ethol_is_mine
    Ethol_is_mine Member Posts: 1

Console PS4

I escaped with 2 survivors first with Kate. I escaped with a crown but I never got the actual cosmetic. Then I just figured something went wrong and it didn’t register it so I tried again since I was playing with some friends that had gotten the crowns before. So I tryed to play as Yui to see if it was just Kate and was just one time. I got the crown and escaped again with the crown but I still didn’t get it. I then switched over to the killers to play as the doctor to see if it’s just the survivors or something with my account, I played as the doctor and got the crown in the actual match but I still didn’t get it in cosmetic. I restarted the game, switch from survivor to killer but nothing changed. I know you can’t get the crown on licensed killers and survivors but i haven’t played and licensed ones.

• GrimDaddyHoodoo
    GrimDaddyHoodoo Member Posts: 3

Same here. I played on Ps4 as Doc and did not get crown cosmetic.

• GrimDaddyHoodoo
    GrimDaddyHoodoo Member Posts: 3

I don't think you can with Laurie as it only works for original DBD characters.

• PotionKister99
    PotionKister99 Member Posts: 2

My friend is having trouble getting the crowns on killers. He has collected the crown many times but still cannot unlock cosmetic.

he plays on Xbox

• Chimca
    Chimca Member Posts: 1

Same thing happened to me. I play on PC and already got the crown on some survivors, but others (originals) i doesn't unlock. For example i got it for claudette and david king, but when i escaped with bill i didn't get it. When I escaped it appeared crown unlocked +500 but nothing in cosmetics.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
    edited June 2020

I just escaped with the crown as Adam and I didn't receive the cosmetic, but yesterday it worked and I have the crown cosmetic for Dwight, Meg, Claudette, Jake, Nea, Feng, David, Kate, Jane, Yui, and Zarina.

Platform: Xbox One

EDIT:

I just restarted the game; jumped into a trial and grabbed the crown (near end game of course) and headed out immediately and I now have the crown cosmetic for Adam. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but I hope it helps!

Post edited by 0mikeya0 on
  • pigglet999
    pigglet999 Member Posts: 1

YEP its frustrating! Using a xbox one and Ive tried Claudette and Feng several times with the glow on, tried it at the end of the trial, and they both wont get the cosmetic when I escape UGH.

• zombie_skillet
    zombie_skillet Member Posts: 4

Same here I tried like 5 times and gave up because it was frustrating. I play on Xbox.

• guzzie2027
    guzzie2027 Member Posts: 5

I have done this with Claudette jake and feng on switch and did not get the crown for any of them.

• Drzewiecki16
    Drzewiecki16 Member Posts: 1

Same here I did it on PC with Jill and still didn't get anything.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

You can't get crown on Jill because it's licensed character, not original.

• Acelotl_The_Axolotl
    Acelotl_The_Axolotl Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2021

Yeah, I just played 2 Trapper and 2 Wraith rounds where I interacted with it and still didn't get it, I'm on PC

Edit: I just didn't hold space long enough nvm

Post edited by Acelotl_The_Axolotl on
  • Maghawk
    Maghawk Member Posts: 4

Deathslinger and Legion both failing to get crowns for me 😔

• Maghawk
    Maghawk Member Posts: 4

again collected the crown with legion, no crown. Video taken this time: