Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Favorite horror game

Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Name your favorite horror game, other than DBD

I'll start, Outlast 1

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

My favorite horror game would have to be the original Outlast. No other game can ever compete against what they did in that game. >:)

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

The Last of us

• Hoodied

@Chaotic_Riddle That is one of the few horror games that actually messed with me mentally, I ran out of batteries on one of the really dark parts and heard footsteps, it scared the hell out of me, but the ending is quite nice tho

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I think mine is Alien: Isolation

It's so creepy, and the Alien's AI is really good.

One time I almost shat my pants due to a glitch, it was on the day I received it as a gift and I was playing with my cousins right behind me.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Alien Isolation and Amnesia The Dark Descent. Outlast did scare me, but I didnt enjoy it (too unrelenting). It was also too predictable.

The Laat of Us is an amazing game. But the "horror" part of it isnt what makes it good.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@PigNRun

Alien: Isolation was amazing.

Also, Laat

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I need the Freddy darn picture.

• GrootDude

Thanks I will now proceed to post it under this thread with my reasoning.

• GrootDude

Dbd is bae and I don’t like any other horror games.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

My favorite would have to be Minecraft.

Let me explain.

I usually play alone in a dark room. Then I decide to go in a cave with the hard difficulty on. Here I am expecting a moderately chill experience, then the music changes into something creepy and scary.

And then I hear the sound of a Creeper beginning to explode.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Like... it gave me some of the best gaming memories of my life !

I will never forget how "immersed" i was when seeing the Brute wandering on this southern bridge's level.

Like it honestly took me 10 min to go throught this small part of this level LUL

• GrootDude

Here is a fun story with me and my friends in Minecraft also they call me bad juju now. So every time in the morning I walk out of my house a creeper blows up, I don’t finish fixing it I stay in theirs in the morning I have one of my friends see if it’s safe it is so I leave and sssssssss boom. They don’t trust me anymore.😂

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@TreemanXD DARN

Seriously Minecraft can be horrifying.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I also have to say that Outlast is my favorite. I have clocked in a lot of hours in that game. I always try to do Insane Mode speed runs. Never really works out, though. Usually end up finishing in 1.5 hours. Still haven't beaten Whistleblower on Insane, sadly.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I like FiVe nIgHtS aT fReDdY's!!!

Ok I kinda do like the game, the story is nice but I really like the original outlast, it scared me so freaking much!!!

• nunadventures
    nunadventures Member Posts: 198

Until dawn or the last of us

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Silent Hill was pretty good...also RE Biohazard was up there. Until Dawn gets another vote plus it had lots of replay value.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Welcome to The Game 1 and 2.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193

Friday the 13th.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Alien isolation and I haven't even finished it yet. Lol other ones I like would have to be monsturm.

• GrootDude

My heart would always pump when I was driving the car.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

My favourite horror game?

SOMA, without a doubt, this game is amazing.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I don't really have a large collection of other Horror games. I have The Forest, Slender the Arrival, and Amnesia the Dark Descent. I don't really play Amnesia all that much and The Forest feels more like a survival game. So, naturally I'll say that Slender the Arrival is my favorite horror game. Besides, the Chaser on the level, "Into the Abyss" reminds me a lot of the Legion.

• Hoodied

same here (spoiler alert: That is who you are searching for)

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

stubbs the zombie

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Resident Evil and Zombie Army Trilogy

• Arabytes
    Arabytes Member Posts: 52

The Calling (Wii), Fatal Frame and Silent Hill. Gotta watch the gameplay of "welcome to the game", saw some streams but they never reached to the ending

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I just started playing that game I love it so far:)

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236

This Category is Still lacking Heavily sadly .

The First Silent Hill was amazing

I was looking forward to Silent Hill P.T But it was Canceled.

You've got Resident Evil then a Bunch of Zombie apocalypse Games wannabe all just a copy Boring .. no Creativity .. like Dying light , Dead Island , Left 4 Dead , Dead nation , Days Gone and even Other games like COD added a Zombie game mode .. Not Original. ( even I played them all except COD and Days gone)

my Fav was RE3 Nemsis .

Outlast ... it's Alright not scary.

Alien Isolation ( I only got it to support Sega and Stopped in Chapter 5 it's not that Scary and Rather Slow .. bugged)

There is this game that I just finished Recently it was too Short but I enjoyed playing it Called Remothered Tormented Fathers While it's not that Scary I like the Stealth mechanic . And the 3rd person View It's also a new Company so I'd support it . Its price was reasonable too.

There are a Few horror games that caught my attention . Yet I dislike 1st Person horror Games with Cheap Jumpscares.

Visage ( Kind of What Silent hill P.T looked like nothing scary)

The Cursed forest ( an indie horror Game / the atmosphere of the forest looks chilling but there's not much scare)

Forbidden Siren is worth a mention too . I wanna say another ######### zombie game but it's somewhat different it has its own charm.

Meanwhile still looking for something With a Real Scare .

• alinamaji
    alinamaji Member Posts: 0

My favourite horror game is The Long Dark. I am personally a great fan of this game because I like to play survival games because I think they are close to reality. After playing this game too much I came to practice different survival skills in this game. I want to share those points which I gathered from my personal experience to remain alive in the game.

1 Navigation is the key in this game.

2 Manage the resources.

3 Set up Camp and be efficient.

4 Prioritize tasks.

These are some general tips I want to give from my experience. Other than this, I want to say be creative and enjoy this game because only the tough one survives.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Silent Hill: The Room is my favourite, as it's been the only game that, when released, has ever made me feel true horror in games. Even releases like Outlast or Alien:Isolation have not given me that sense of real horror that game did.

There are a lot I like, but special mention goes to the lesser-known game "The Cat Lady". That game had a lot of horror in it, and approached some very dark themes such as cancer, suicide and depression with such delicacy, without watering it down.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    edited June 2020

######### yeah! Thank you, for remembering and honoring that classic! :'>

Fatal Frame for me. That ######### is just unnerving and creepy as #########.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited June 2020

Hard to say I've played all silent hills except for PSP ports and The Room,same goes for all resident evils while I've played each on except for 6 and revelations ,there's way too many to say I have one and these are just the ones on main stream,siren is pretty creepy from what I understand I've only played a demo but it is pretty terrifying. There's so many original title that came out on ps1 and ps2 in the 90s, but the Silent Hill franchise is definitely my favorite.

• EarthToGravity
    EarthToGravity Member Posts: 96

My all-time favorite is The Last Of Us. I've replayed 15 times. It's so good.

Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7 are also very good.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    edited June 2020

The Last of Us or Amnesia.

When I first encountered clickers in TLOU, I was so damn scared and moved like a turtle to get past them. And as for Amnesia, I never got used to the monsters. They scared me every single time lmao.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited June 2020

Either The Last of Us or The Last of Us Part II. Both are games that should be played by everyone, and definitely take the place of best Playstation exclusives.

• PissedWraithMain
    PissedWraithMain Member Posts: 93

Outlast is god tier, I love watching someone else play it through for the first time.