So another skin that can't be mixed?

So the new Nea skin Graff-Crafter is yet another set, is this the future of cosmetics? Are we about to see them locking every new cosmetic from now on, mixing the cosmetics is 1 of the best systems in DbD so why lock it. They could've easily made the hoodie go with the torso and u can use whatever head u want under it, or even like Bunny Feng (which was not executed quite as good the hood should've been with the torso not the head but whatever)

Comments

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

@Peanits Any reason to why are these cosmetics linked ?

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

It has a hood is my guess? And they don’t currently have the code to just connect two cosmetics. Complete guess

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

A Set because of the Hoodie. Even tho, I am wondering if the Head Piece is with part of the Hoodie or without, because the Head Piece is only the Head itself.

But I guess it would create clipping issues with some of Neas Hairs, like the long-haired Head Pieces.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

My only explanation is because its easier and faster to create, since you have have less clipping issues to take into account. Maybe this is the first step to Behaviour just mass-producing skins at an increased rate now. Which in turn will generate more money.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Idk how true that is, at least for me. I have gotten stuff from the rift and spent more just to match it to something I like. Same with when they gave us the event outfits. Directly bought Kate new pants. Plus I've mixed and matched new pieces with old stuff in the shop and bought them together. If anything, this is just less option.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

Which got released before Sets were a thing. Maybe Sets needed to be created for the Silent Hill Chapter and BHVR started to use it for other stuff as well.

I mean, I got it, it looks amazing. But I would also be happy about mix&match and I am pretty sure that most players will not use Head Pieces which clip through the hoodie.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

This is not a legendary skin, it’s a very rare skin that happens to be a linked set.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Ok, thought they were called legendary sets from when the silent hill chapter, but tbh it don’t matter point still stands shouldn’t be forced into a whole set, majority of the skins look better mixed up then there base skins

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

This is exactly it.

They can create more skins at a faster rate since they don’t need to test how they interact in every possible cosmetic combination, or spend resources fixing the inevitable cosmetic issues that have to be fixed every patch. Expect this to be the new norm.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Legendary cosmetics are their own rarity I think they're blue or white if I can remember correctly.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I’m sure that if it’s less profitable to do it this way they’ll stop releasing sets. But the number of people I’ve seen running around with sets on tells me they won’t struggle to sell these skins.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited July 2020

i supposed LEGENDARY skins will be used only as excusse to make a new model to a already existed character instead of make a new character.

and this... what is? a skin who can't me mixed because.... what exactly? i don't see the why, is still a nea, not even a different body model or animation.

and don't say because the Hood, because the hood should be part of the shirt like with the legion.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

Technically all the dresses will still be split up. Even with these linked cosmetics. They still create icons for each 3 pieces, you just can't separate them.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Redhawk_uk2 That's true. However the unbreakable feature will not be used on all our outfits. So basically, once in a while a new unbreakable outfit will happen.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

The outfit is amazing so I don't mind, though I would prefer, if anything, that the head be the one part that can be mixed and matched, which I assume may also be the easiest to do so with.

That said I'm perfectly fine with it if it's a really awesome outfit, but I really hope that the number of cosmetic unbreakable outfits doesn't vastly begin to outweigh the interchangable ones

• Redhawk_uk2
    Redhawk_uk2 Member Posts: 53

People have played with have expressed concern that with these unlinkable outfits the outfuts that can be unlinked might drop in quality. What is your opinion on that?

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

Ok i was just concirned that this is the new norm and we won't get any skins like before, the new skin looks amazing but i just wish we could use that head on other nea skins

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If I am in a game with Scoops Ahoy Steve, Bunny Feng, $15 Lisa and now Graff-Crafter Nea - How am I expected to tunnel all four of them?

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

Personally I like the inclusion of linked sets, they can get more creative with outfits now and not have to worry about clipping issues.

The Clown's Pulcinella outfit clips with itself. And it still does even today.

First bug report, before the first bug report subforum restructure: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/65462/the-pulcinella-outfit-clips-with-itself-in-the-lobby#latest

Second bug report, after the subforum restructure but before the new system with the "Pending" / "Acknowledged" etc. buttons: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95492/clowns-pulcinella-outfit-clips-with-itself#latest

It's not a linked set but it should absolutely not clip with other parts of itself. This set went live with clipping issues and the clipping survived (at least) two bug reports. The clipping is also not hard to notice at all.

Equipping all pieces of the outfit is equivalent to it being a linked set and equipping that. Yet there were still obvious clipping issues when it was released and to this day it was not fixed.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I feel you. There's a few outfit descriptions with really bad spelling and punctuation errors. Something you think would take literally not even 5 minutes to go in and fix. I reported it, they said they would add it to the list and since then, nothing.

It's been over a year and they really couldn't go in and fix some grammar mistakes?

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

But why can't I change my weapon when using the bunny outfit for the Legion? It won't cause any clipping whatsoever, why not just bind the body and head cosmetic?

This discussion has been closed.