Oh boy nurse nerf flashback (Hillbilly nerf)

DwightOP
DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Whether the nurse nerf back then was justified or not (that's not the topic here) I want to bring up how devs worded her change with the word "slightly". The change however had a MASSIVE impact on Nurse. So far that majority just isn't touching her anymore and she became less popular than hag (which was the least played killer to that point).

And Now, look what word they use for Billy: "minimal".

Oh devs, you are pissing me off. You said you are happy how Billy is? Don't touch him then?!

He is by far the most balanced killer in the game. The blueprint of what a killer has to be. Look at survivor tryhards like ussilys, they also say he is balanced. Hell, he can make skilled billys look foolish sometimes. The only people crying are those baby neas with urban Evasion in the corner of the map.

I have over 200 moris and really strong addons on him. I'm going to use them now all one by one (sorry my dear survivor fellows, but I want to use them before my Billy is a dead horse) and probably let him collect dust after the nerf like my nurse is doing since her nerf. Idk who I'm going to main next because there is no other killer appealing me.

I hate how M Cote said that "if you want to play competetive and tryhard just play nurse or Billy" and they change them both now.

Fool me twice devs...

Post edited by DwightOP on

Comments

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited July 2020

I was also extremely confused when it said in the update they were happy with Billy's balance, yet right after that they add a cooldown to him. The difference is that the devs accidentally misled EVERYONE by saying Nurse would be getting an appropriate rework to her add-ons and that's it (Yeah right), and with Hillbilly they at least TOLD US in the first place that they're planning to nerf Billy, even if the statements in the dev update are conflicting.

Also, that's a really old quote lol

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Billy hasn't been "balanced" for a long time.

Billy is very fun to pla against, but almost every Billy I see now-a-days are running Pop/Infectious and slugging for the 4K, it isn't fun, and it's a symptom of the constant changes making it easier for killers as a whole to play the game.

• HEXSLAYER999
    HEXSLAYER999 Member Posts: 141

Get over it. ######### nerfs happen to everyone. Look at ds. Even now with how situational (active for a couple of seconds after being unhooked) killers still complain.

Its strictly a one time anti tunneling perk that can be countered by slugging and leaving alone till timer runs out.

As for lack of play. I prefer playing survivor but with all the nerfs they got and how many survivors play without skill its not worth it.

EVERYONE LOVES BEGGING TO NERF SOMEONE ELSE'S MAIN

HOWEVER nobody likes having their mains nerfed.

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139
    edited July 2020

Why are you reading the thread then? If it's just annoying.

• DwightOP

Oh yeah I agree with you.

Really bad timing for you to pick Billy now, he is still bugged and the nerf is coming around the corner and you will probably never experience loop mindgame curving for yourself :/

But at least you can watch some montages on youtube from the past, really fun killer and with impressive anti loop potential (skill required).

• DwightOP

Maybe the perks are the issue then? Because his basekit at its own is legit fine. And you probably know very well that curve mindgames at loops REQUIRES multiple seconds of chainsaw reving and they took that away now.

They could have handled it differently if pop infectious slugging is the main issue with Billy (variable perk values for individual killers is the first thing coming into my mind).

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

The PTB is mostly for bug fixes, and sometimes to fix some really noticeable balance stuff. Like Oni losing all his power gauge when picking up a survivor making him completely reliant on slugging (changed to the gauge pausing after picking up a survivor) or docs shock having a massive 3 second delay (reduced to 1.5 after the PTB)

• Seanzu

But nerfing Pop / Infectious nerfs every killer when they're meta (pop) perks.

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

He said variable perk values for individual killers. I'm guessing that by that he means the values of those perks would differentiate on billy,so they'd be weaker only to him. Dunno if that is doable tho.

• Seanzu

In my opinion, and may only be me - but that just makes the game way too confusing.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Oh, I have.

lol I've been facing Rank 1's and Purple ranked players. I took advice from people on the forums, I Love insta-saw and curving addons. a 180 degree flick on a loop is one of the best feelings besides cross match Hatchets with Huntress.

I'll adjust to the changes, but will not welcome them.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I would agree with you... but PH perks did get a buff after the ptb... so there's that... sometimes we do get good things...🤷

• DwightOP

Maybe I haven't made myself clear with my suggestion. My idea: if infectious and pop is a big issue for only certain killers (Billy and Nurse for example) then make the values of these perks only for these killers different instead of changing the power. U know what I mean? Like reduce the range of infectious Fright when used on billy and reduce the timer of pop because he has the mobility. That's a better approach, what do you think?

• DwightOP

Remind me what they changed pls. Because if u remember correctly they just improved the numbers very slightly

• DwightOP

Maybe, but it can be made simple. I could go into detail but I feel like I would waste my time because devs won't do it anyway :/

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

the one that makes survivors broken after a protection hit got like 30+ seconds... making it actually usable.

and the undetectable one got 1 entire extra second. OP... I know. XD

I didn't say they were massive or anything... but a buff is a buff

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

On the demonstration video they posted, they conveniently used Very rare add-ons to show Bill’s charge mechanic doesn’t look so bad

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

I have 98 mori's to go. :)

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Spirit was nerfed after the PTB.

Plague was nerfed after the PTB.

Nurse wasn't changed, they just left her to rot.

Those are the only 3 I can recall at the moment, I'm sure they've messed with more.

• DwightOP

Oh nurse got changed. Her cooldown was bugged and was faster than it should be. Despite everyone already saying how bad the cooldown is they gave us the middlefinger and fixed her after the ptb which made her cooldown longer. Insane if you think about it...

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited July 2020

what do you mean spirit was nerfed after the PTB? If I recall correctly after the PTB they made it so that you could not hear the wooshing in her terror radius, which was a massive buff and made spirit the beast she is today.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    edited July 2020

DS is quite literally one of, if not the strongest perk in the game. Hell, it may be even stronger than it used to be in some people's eyes.

Edit: for clarification, I'm fine with DS how it is. But it is damn strong.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126

Here's the thing. You don't need to stop playing someone just because they're nerfed/not as strong. The gameplay is the same. You can still play him.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2020

You act like people actually care. You'll, for the most part, barely encounter the same survivors. So if a killer brings a mori in 1 game, it's fine. It happens. You'll just be mori'ing 98 didn't groups of people. You're only trying to trigger people because your upset...which is not a healthy way to deal with your emotions.

• DwightOP

The gameplay is not the same, sit down and learn first.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited July 2020

Why are you blaming survivors for this change?

I have not seen a single post regarding Billy being “OP”. I don’t know where you are getting your sources from.

It’s really absurd that you make another thread even tho you could have kept responding to the one you already had on this topic just to threaten survivors with a mori? Literally nobody cares that you want to bring a mori every match. Guess what? It already happens anyway.

Sweaty killers will be sweaty.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited July 2020

I was trying to be funny.

Obviously the concept of comedy eludes you.

This is a forum, and it is okay to joke about things related to this post.

Do you take everything so seriously? :/

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I disagree with the basekit Billy changes. Some things on him definetely needed adjustments, notably his add-ons and some synergy with infectious, which has become an issue now, especially on reworked maps. However, we will have to man up and get over it.

Beside that, this tit-for-that mentality serves no purpose. Have fun spamming moris when there's no DC penalty in effect. You will come to enjoy your lobby simulator, eventually.

Also, Ussylis is not really a good source for arguments, because he's very inconsistent in his opinions. For example, you can watch his shameless series and find a counterargument to 'Billy is balanced'.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Ruin applied pressure to gens with no skill needed at all, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

• HEXSLAYER999

27 year old man thank you very much. No adult is going to whine about a game that balances things out for both sides of the games so that everybody has fun.

Killers all have powers. Survivors really don't.

And i will really stress that your argument is very whiny. Any survivor that brings ds is acknowledging that they are taking a one time ability that is a situational 50/50 because they have to succeed a skill check.

In other words they are using up one of their only 4 perk slots for something they might not even be able to use as opposed to running an ability they can actually use.

Running a hex perk as a killer has better odds then ds

Yes, killers acknowledge that one the hex ruin is cleansed, that they literally brought a perk that leaves them with an empty perk slot but the perk is actually effective from the start of the game up until the ruin is cleansed-and even so, killer are able to protect the ruin depending on gameplay style

• HEXSLAYER999

Guy calls me kid over complaining as a one shot killer with high mobility for getting stunned once (well maybe-very high situational) after tunneling a survivor that just got unhooked.

I will say playing as a killer the way the game was intended to be played (no tunneling or face camping) takes skill but even so behaviour hasnt banned anyone for such gameplay style, they just give survivor counter abilities to deal with it.

• HEXSLAYER999

It is damn strong but not everyone runs it anymore.

Only ppl that use it are ppl that know they are not going to miss that skill check.

Im a level 5 survivor legit level 5 not a baby sat grinded with swf level 5

And i don't feel comfortable running it. I only use it on days where all killers are playing sweaty or op that i just say ######### it today we go to war.

I also accept once i use it that i might not be winning any matches and that my gameplay style is merely to piss off killers.

• HEXSLAYER999

And just as there are some skillful ass ppl that play killer well, and only play toxic vs the one survivor that plays toxic against them.

I as a survivor do the same. The moment i see a killer playing op and toxic and piss me off (tunnelling-face camping). I decide to throw the match and play the most aggressive survivor gameplay possible.

Ex: saboing hooks everytine someone is downed and even if i have a chance of getting caught and losing dropping as many pallets as i can on killer before losing a trial.

Balance my friends

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

For real, guys... How did you not see this coming? They've been consistently trashing every killer that could even so much as represent a *slight* threat to their precious wig subscription-buying survivors.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

It's a hex perk. That's kinda the point due to them being linked to totems. Good power at the cost of being able to lose it.

• DwightOP

Besides the fact that this new mechanic is NOT punishing back revving at all. You can still do it. It ONLY punishes them skilled billys doing curves on loops. The upcoming patch is a disaster.

• HEXSLAYER999

They gave him a overheat mechanic. Long story short he can still do a lot of the same things but now he actually requires skills.

And his two w.e perks got beefed up-guys get over it

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

What pisses me off the most is that they do not bother to fix the broken crap. Like nurse changes, killer filled with bugs, yet they have not the decency to fix the bugs as soon as there is a bug that somewhat negatively impacts survivors it is fixed asap. Before the rework they state some ######### bullshit that they treat the rework with care and are super respectful cause it is an og killer and lots of people have invested time into her. Yet consequences are she has a killrate as clown and a pickrate that is equally abysmal.

I really dislike that and also the lack of understanding on skilled gameplay on the killers such as billy and nurse. They talk about skilled gameplay yet want to remove a mindgame. It seems sometimes they are not aware of how certain stuff is done in the game.

To me it seems there is a person within the devs, that is too stubborn to take any criticism and thinks he/she knows best. Yet the results speak for themselves. Awful job after awful job. My prediction as I have said before, ptb will arrive, skilled billy mains will explain why these changes are bad and everything will be ignored. At best he will be not a complete buggy mess and at worse he will be a bugfest like nurse and every question afterwards will be disregarded and ignored. While getting high on their on farts and celebrating for another good job.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited July 2020
  • SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited July 2020

Billy will still be a great killer. This change will really just prevent people from just infinitely back revving, and abusing him w/infectious. Other than that, a top tier Billy player will still rip ass with him. It's just, you know, they'll actually have to be good at Billy to do it.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Long story short, he can do allot of the same thing, only now he is artificially limited.

JUST LIKE NURSE

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

If you want to be taken serious and discuss, i would not call DS "inconsistent", because of a hard skillcheck 27 year old grown man.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I'll explain the issue people have with the nerf again, just for you.

Top tier billy mains mostly either use crack billy, an addon combination that most likely will be nerfed in the rework, or double engravings. With those combinations you can mindgame loops, billy's counter if survivors know what they're doing, by reving your chainsaw until it's nearly fully charged and then baiting for some seconds. With the upcoming changes this will most likely be impossible or at least way way worse, because you will have to switch out the engravings for overheat addons.

So yeah, the nerf will basically lead to more boring instasaw SF+Enduring billys. Is that what you want to face as survivor?

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

I agree that Billy's using that build is very strong but I wouldn't say that means billy himself isn't balanced because of it, just that particular build. Oni using the same build is very strong, that doesn't mean Oni himself is op, or Myers with infectious + distressing + dead rabbit addon is really strong, doesn't mean Myers himself is op either. This whole overheat mechanic feels like its gonna make him feel alot more limited to play but I'm willing to at least wait and see what it's like first before jumping to conclusions like alot of others here have