Missing the DC penalty already

Options
Ghoste
Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Your experience may vary, but I'm already seeing an uptick in DCs. There's even a bunch of people saying the penalty should be removed forever, and I just don't understand this mentality. It seems many players love the freedom to leave when they have a bad start or when it's a killer/map they don't like. But quite frankly, it ruins the game for many of us, particularly the solo players who don't have a SWF to rely on.

"But Survivors could just suicide on hook anyway!!" - They sure can, and it takes a LOT more of the Killer's time compared to DCing. DBD is a game where every second counts, and everything from struggling on the Killer's shoulder to attempting to escape from the hook takes time which can make the difference between escaping and dying. (Plus, Killers get their BBQ stacks).

Anyway, I haven't seen any official communication about this, and it wasn't addressed in the hotfix or the dev update. I honestly hope this a top priority for BHVR because my match quality has tanked since no one is scared of punishment anymore.

P.S. I am aware of people who crash or get bugged and receive an unjustified timeout, but that is unintentional and not the experience of the majority.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Same. I keep having multiple people DC at beginning of match because it's a killer or map they don't like. I stopped playing until it comes back because it is pretty unplayable right now.

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2020
    Options

I'm pretty sure DC was taken down because hackers were triggering the penalty on killers/players they didnt like. There was also a glitch where people who completed a match would aslo get a 5 minute DC penatly. Although to be fair, it was unclear if this was indeed a glitch verses a hacker thing happening.

It should be coming back at some point, it just needed some security fixes.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    edited July 2020
    Options

It’s a “casual” game as long as you use that reasoning to justify your snowflake mentality. I bet the “casual” justification would quickly disappear from your vocabulary if let’s say the precious second chance perks were removed right? If the killer tunnels you right out of the game is it still casual or would you make posts about it here? I get ahead of myself though, of course you would simply take the loss and move on to the next game. Like you said: “is a casual game”. Wait a second, that reasoning doesn’t mesh with you wanting to simply leave games because you don’t like a certain aspect. Seems you don’t really believe what you say, just want a copy pasta excuse to justify your entitlement. Just a thought LMFAO

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I've had 1 DC the past week.

It's not as rampant as you think.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

I’m not the one whining over entitlement. There is nothing for me to get over. I was simply pointing out how ludicrous the argument is.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Definitely miss it. Had someone rage quit today once they spawned in. I've faced them before and I know they like to rage quit.

As soon as the trial started and they knew it was Hawkins (no offering was brought) they quit. 3 gateaus were used and this person had an escape cake. Other survivor killed themselves immediately on hook so I needed to farm with the other 2 to get any points.

• NooseLikeANecklace
    NooseLikeANecklace Member Posts: 10
    Options

there's literally problems on both sides, and if those problems are there for me whichever side I play, I DC. Honestly to me it seems you're more entitled then me, I could care less if I lose second chance perks, they aren't fair, but I run them in the current state of game because killers run literally everything that's unfair. But yeah sure I'm the entitled one lmao.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215
    Options

Bet it's mainly Killers whining about this. I highly doubt you'd be whining about teammates DCing, because majority are useless when playing Solo queue. At this point though, as long as I'm getting slugged/camped/farmed or it's obnoxious Legion I'll DC. I'll gladly take that depip than go against the most obnoxious killer in the game that people think is cool lmao.

• NooseLikeANecklace
    Options

well yeah you're funny if you think I care about the other 3 survivors having fun when the killers being boring. I literally don't even mind tunneling as much even though it's annoying but you do realize that playing against certain addons and offerings is straight up not fun, but of course that's fair because the killers having fun in that situation :)

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited July 2020
    Options

The difference is that, like I argued before DC penalties were introduced, you might not be having fun but you are actively ruining other player’s fun in the game, which is directly against the EULA:

”While participating in this game, you also agree to comply with certain rules of conduct that govern your use of the game (“Rules of Conduct”). For example, you may not...

• Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing [Dead by Daylight]...

Your online conduct should be guided by common sense and respect for others who access and use the game” (Behaviour 6). Therefore, you are committing an EXTREMELY bannable act by disconnecting against anyone or with anyone you deem unworthy of your presence/patience, and it would be in the best interest of the community to have these types of people removed from the game (Mass DCers).

• NooseLikeANecklace
    Options

i get where you're coming from but I'm not a mass DCer, I DC against unfun things which in my opinion is fair only because generally in that situation the other survivors aren't having fun either. Who enjoys going against iri heads or exhaustion addon clown?

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • NooseLikeANecklace
    Options

tbh I don't really care what it sounds like to you, you're just biased because the second someone has a different view from you you immediately call it childish and just think that because I don't like something I'm just supposed to play against and tolerate the frustration. This game shouldn't be frustrating because of a killer or killers addons.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

You ask him to be an adult, yet you’re ranting and raving like a child. Food for thought perhaps

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

You sound quite entitled, and angry, over someone’s calm and collected comment. Weird.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Holy #########, the entitlement on this thread! I play both sides and if I end up in a match that I don't like, I simply just play it out! Like holy #########, some of y'all need to grow up and play for points!

• NooseLikeANecklace
    Options

No offense but playing for points is boring af when you have majority of your survivors and killers maxxed lol

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

I don't know about your games but in mine, i seen a fair few survivors yelling at their team mates for not doing x, y or z. That or the injured team mate with no way to heal, chooses to escape over giving the killer a 4k. I seen alot of survivors have issue with it, have not seen any killer i have personally when against, really have a issue with someone aka a survivor dcing. From what i personally seen it's mostly survivors taking an issue with their fellow survivors dcing.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,678
    Options

I didn't know anything happened to the DC bans. That does explain the increase in DC's I've seen lately. They need to bring back the penalties. They even said it decreased DC's by 50% or more. It was obviously working. Why did they remove it?

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

it's a double edged sword really; the penalties were nice. But iv'e had so many games esp now where i just get slugged and left there; no one coming to get me..just wasting my time. Or the killer slugs and just looks for the hatch to close, find you on the ground again and end the game..instead of just ending the game. Instances like that i'll gladly DC because its a waste of my time being able to do nothing but lay there (yes i could run unbreakable but i really shouldn't have to run that for the sake of game mechanics being abused in someones favor instead of just finishing the game/your objective). Some people really ruin the game DC'ing with no real purpose though and that is the reason the penalties should be up overall. A new system to ######### when left slugged for an extended period of time instead of just having to bleed out would be nice for the cases I stated above.

• letumeur
    letumeur Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2020
    Options

I don’t care if you DC as long as ALL remaining players in a trial receive a reasonable BP bonus, as a killer you can have a good start and have 3 people disconnecting and receive almost nothing.

for survivors is even worst, not only you have other people throwing the game because of a tantrum, you also get nothing, and if it’s early game you probably finish with 2k BP

it’s already hard to find a match whit the current state of the matchmaking, let alone bad game where you get genrushed or your team slugged early

• Maxwell
    Maxwell Member Posts: 143
    Options

Some streamer (I don't remember who) keep getting hacked live and got random DC penalties just for being him. They removed it in order to fix the security issues behind it. Otherwise it would still be there.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

i like how survivors complain about the dc penalty and think they should be able to leave when the killer does anything they don't like.

It would be a different story if killers were as weak as survivors and left at the smell of a 4 man swf and constantly quit game after game after game.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Slugged?

Why would you DC over that?

Only situation where any player should DC, is object on Midwich. That's it. It's awful.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Than I guess I'm a sucker for hording up so many of my killer add-ons

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372
    Options

Killers intentionally try and ruin the game for survivors and admit it when they bring in moris and tunnel and mori off first hook. PH and LF admitted they camped to make the game bad for survivors. So thats then against the terms. But I mean if you're not having fun, you bought the game so you have a right to leave. Nothing will make me stay in a game I dont want to be in. If I'm forced to stay then I won't be doing my best and will throw game and get myself killed.

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86
    Options

Killers are getting 4K in 90% of games, now without a DC penalty the stats will drop

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

Had a match as the killer where my left side was covered by the brutal killer result from the previous game, didn't DC, didn't stand in the corner & didn't get a single kill but i tried anyway.

• martin27
    Options

This is sad to see, they had to add it in the first place because DCing had gotten out of hand and now they've removed it.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2020
    Options

I like the option to DC when I'm being griefed or the killer has the entire team on the floor at 4 gens. At that point it's not much of a game anyways. That's really the only few times I support dcing

• RockoRango
    Options

You’re actively denying points or pips because you don’t like that they won. Either everyone will start to be put on hooks, or someone has unbreakable and will restart the team. The only reason you should DC is if the killer is holding the game hostage by slugging and not picking anyone up.

• martin27
    Options

Thats not holding the game hostage or a reason to DC.

• RockoRango
    Options

Going out of your way to make sure everyone is laying on the ground and bleeding out? I would DC and report for that. Even if it isn’t technically ‘holding the game hostage’ in the dev’s standards, it’s ruining the experience for others as well as holding the game hostage. Survivors can’t do anything but crawl around until they bleed out.

• martin27
    Options

Exactly you'll bleed out & leave the game, all you're doing is setting a double standard. "I'm going to report this person for doing nothing wrong and then i'm going to DC which isn't allowed because i should be allowed to break the rules".

• RockoRango
    Options

Going out of your way to slug everyone and forced them to boringly wait until they bleed out every game is against the rules. Read my previous comment about the EULA rules if you don’t think so.

Killers who do stuff like that are also the ones that inflate the bad rep killers get.

• martin27
    Options

So i read your previous post as you suggested and what i took away from it is despite the fact that slugging is allowed, because you find that type of play tactic boring you should be allowed to report them and break the DC rule. At least that what i'm taking away from it, if i found people using DS unfun & boring would i be allowed to report everyone who uses it for ruining my enjoyment?

• RockoRango
    edited July 2020
    Options

I believe you’re either going out of your way to try and find something to get people mad about, or you’re being ignorant.

A killer that doesn’t hook, but slugs everyone AND LETS THEM BLEED OUT instead of hooking them is purposely making the game a horrible experience for survivors. They’re using the slugging mechanic in a way that it was not meant to be used, and there was a ban wave in the distant past when people got tired of the game and constantly did it every game. If you need even MORE context, imagine 4 survivors sitting on the ground and being forced to do nothing until they all bleed out and the game ends.

Abusing mechanics given to you to make other people miserable while playing the game WITH THE INTENT TO DO EXACTLY THAT is a violation.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

They REMOVED DC penalties?

Lol well, I'm finally done with the game.

• Carpemortum
    Options

I'm sure you also saw multiple DCs while the penalty existed too, proving how it doesnt do anything to help, right?

• martin27
    Options

I have not heard of that happening before, would you be able to share a link to it.

• Carpemortum
    Options

A casual game with 5 players. You getting butthurt and quitting because you dont like what's happening ruins it for 4 others. If you cany handle good AND BAD games, dont queue up. If you're only here to win every game and never have an obstacle, you dont want to play, you want a winning participation trophy.

• Unapippa
    Unapippa Member Posts: 34
    Options

no more dc penalties? oh well, they just gave me one more reason to make the survivor's game expirience way more unfun.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    edited July 2020
    Options

There is no DC penalty now? So that person that left the match in my game the other day didn't even get a penalty?

Cool. Then I'm not coming back to the game until at least the DC penalty comes back, and many other Killers. We are seriously not just some survivors punching bag.

@Peanits @not_Queen