[TO KILLERS] What's your preferred rule from the #SurvivorRuleBook?

Options
VSchmitt
VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Mine is: You can't play Oni optimally downing one, leaving him in the ground and go for another down with your - time limited power - running with infectious, M&A, Pop & BBQ, 'cause it's slugging and not cool [sad face, sad face].

Comments

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

The only rule is that there are no rules!

• VSchmitt
    Options
  • VSchmitt
    Options

Don't camp gens/doors, just let them pop like crazy! That's one of the best

• VSchmitt
    Options

Yeah, I don't give a single ######### about the made up rules, I just find adorable when they're invoked in the post-game chat.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

The rule that you have to hook the survivor and then run to the corner from the other side of the map and cry

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,517
    edited July 2020
    Options

I don't have an issue with what survivors do (rules). What I do have an issue with is what the devs allow the survivors to do.

One example is gen rush. I expect the survivors to do the gens as fast as they can, that's what they're supposed to do. The issue is with how fast they are able to complete the gens.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

nothing

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

ngl ive actually heard my friend (whos currently maining oni get back from a break) say this instead of a survivor main.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

You can't just tunnel/ camp everyone at the same time to death, you damn tunneller/camper!

(I legit heard salty SWF said this to me after the match)

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

My favorite thing in recent memory was a streamer calling me out for coming right back to the hook as Wraith...ignoring the fact that he and his friend were unhooking each other almost immediately, and I had MYC...and was going after the unhooker. They swapped hooks until they were both dead, but apparently it's my fault that they didn't let me go find anyone else before giving me all the reason in the world to turn around.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

This only happened once...

but a survivor told me I sucked because I popped T3 with Shape while in the chase. This survivor was Rank 8, good enough to know better. So I’m guessing this rule is: you’re supposed to only pop T3 in the middle of nowhere for no reason LOL

• VSchmitt
    Options

So he get a frist hit (45%), probably chase and hook the injuried survivor wich should give him a 100% of his power, activates blood fury, down someone, pick him up (wich cancels BF) then repeat step one? Man that's some masochism hahaha

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    Options

I agree to answer the question if someone gives me a copy of this rulebook, signed and approved by the representative committee of survivors.

• VSchmitt
    Options

I've got some survivors buttdancing my tombstone piece meyers (wich as some should know, regress to early EW II when you kill someone) just to cry in post-game chat that they got insta-moried.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Blueberry

That last part is debatable considering there are also tools in which killers have that allow them to take a survivor out of a game faster than normal. Not to mention you have an array of perks that can debuff gen speed.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options
  • knee_ah
    knee_ah Member Posts: 56
    Options

Don't hook survivors.

• thetaRama
    thetaRama Member Posts: 22
    Options

Once all gens are complete, if you have a survivor on a hook, you MUST leave him and try to down a different survivor at the already 99% gates

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    Options

I actually follow some of the rules because I do believe they make the game fun for all.

I follow the no camping hooks rule and if someone gets the survivor off the hook I go for the new target and let the other run. That kind of works in my favor though because most the time the one off the hook is gonna run and look to heal and waste time so getting this new healthy survivor is a good call and balance gameplay. =)

I also normally let a survivor go if they tried hard during the match. I know how annoying it can be to be the person who does more than half the gens yourself only to get killed because your teammates either wanted to hide the entire time or just flat out refused to do gens. In that case I will let the one survivor I feel has tried escape.

I also have my own rule in some games when I have killed 2 survivors and they have not popped one gen. I will hunt down the other two and make it known that they can escape. I will follow them and help them find gens and stuff and help teach new survivors by camping the gen and forcing skill checks. =)

I do agree there are MANY rules in the rule book that are just dumb but some make the game enjoyable for all ends. The biggest one I would say in the end is to at least not camp as a killer because well it is not fun for you as a killer plus you are losing many points. IT is worth them getting unhooked and gaining more points then sitting there to get the 1 kill. You will get more points by smacking and hooking survivors than if you camp this 1 survivor and the rest escape.

In the end play anyway that makes you happy though and HAPPY HUNTING! =)

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

"Don't Tunnel"

I mean why not it is a strategy...

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited July 2020
    Options

I once went up against a nurse who tunneled me the entire match.Sent me hate mail and said she’s telling her mom on me.All four of us escaped and told her and yet you wonder why you lost😂 .

Post edited by NinjaDette1 on
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

A pig is not allowed to double trap a survivor for any reason.

• VSchmitt
    Options

Yeah, I've once gone against a hag that camped and tunneled me 'cause I've loped her for one gen, then done her ruin totem while I was injured, then looped her for more 3 gens. In the chat he/she told me that I was toxic (for looping/doing the ruin totem) so he/she said that she/he"destroyed me" even tho' the other 3 survivors escaped the match (that's almost a "solo winning" since they were free to do gens thanks to me). Some killers are just entitle as some survivors.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    edited July 2020
    Options

Unironically, the letting unhooked escape and go for the rescuer. Let's me get acquainted with more of the team. >:3

Post edited by SpookyStabby on
  • Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited July 2020
    Options

If you go back to check a hook once or twice you are in fact camping.

I remember once my spies in the shadows kept going off and before I could get any distance I went back twice or thrice-I was like 5 meters away each time heading off- it was the third time I realized that the hook itself is triggering my perk for some dumb reason. But them 12-15 seconds. Oh no.

Apparently that was a full game camp then they acted like those 15 seconds was the reason they got 3 gens in the furthest distance from me popped. Like, yeah, I'm sure if I ran up to you guys I would of got a nice view of one of those gens going off in person. Would of really saved my game.

I still won that game by the way because they refused to open the exit gate.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

I prefer the rules from the killers rulebook for survivors.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I played addon less myers and only perk was territorial imperative. 1 escaped through hatch. Was told by one of the dead that i was horrible and that i abused my killer power. I agreed with me being bad, (it was a bill that kept 360ing me and i couldn't hit the baatard) but asked him how i could abuse my only power?

Still waiting for that answer.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited July 2020
    Options

the one that forbids me to defend my hook against the 3 idiots running straight at me right after hooking.

like, i wont camp the dude on the hook, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt come back when i see someone else. im not giving you that safe unhook for free, you eigther earn it or you are gonna have a hook trade.

• Oaky
    Oaky Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2020
    Options

No joke, I legit had some one try and condemn me because I guessed where they were based on when i last saw them

they seemed very confident that you can't guess or be able to assume locations

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,517
    edited July 2020
    Options

When push comes to shove the tools survivor have to end their objective will massively outway the tools killer has. To most all players that play both sides at rank 1 with a good amount of hours this isn't debatable information.

This said, my point applies to both sides. The issue is just much more pronounced on the survivor side.

Example: The killer eliminating a survivor from the match as fast as possible can be way too easy if he wants and it is the most efficient way to win. In other words, I wouldn't blame a killer for tunneling someone out as quickly as possible in order to win, I'd blame the devs for making that the most efficient way to win. The issue on both sides encourages "un fun" play if you want the best chance at winning, that isn't good design. The difference is that you as a survivor can punish the killer if he does this and win (counter play), you don't have this option on killer side against "good" survivors.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Honestly this is how the game should be played in my mind at least. Don't do things to the other side that you know will be miserable to them. Within reason obviously.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

Gotta love when you kill them all yet they talk crap to you and say they're better than you and "how did you even get to rank 1?". Definitely by doing a lot more than holding M1 when not in a chase.

• Wylesong
    Options

Exactly! I do not see it as rules made by the survivors but just rules of a overall fun game for both sides. When I am killer I play with the mindset that if I get a kill cool and if not oh well I will get you next time. I feel like to many killer mains think if they do not get a 4k kill or if survivors get away the game is a bust. The game is only a loss IF you look at it that way. I have games as killer where I chase survivors and spend the entire match making them look for me and confuse them. It is fun and the survivors actually even have fun sometimes. I just feel like the rules should be whatever makes the game fun for you but also everyone else. =)

Also the survivors have to stop being so salty if they get killed. I have been killed and I take it as a lesson learned and yes some matches are worst then others. In the end both sides should have fun and try not to be toxic but I know that will never happen because like any multiplayer game people are mean because they have the protection of the internet and can be big and bad and fake tough. It takes more energy to be toxic than it does to be a nice person and just have fun. =)

• NuKeD
    NuKeD Member Posts: 227
    Options

"when you down a survivor, don't you dare nodding or BMing him after he kept you for 4 gens and teabagged you for the whole chase"

• Wylesong
    Options

The reason I would suggest not tunneling is because if you instead let that one run away and go after the one that saved the hooker then you not only waste that ones time with the chase but also the one that got saved is gonna waste time trying to heal. It is a win win for you and makes it a little more fun for the survivor so they get a little more game time. I want to say though that you should play anyway you want and I am sorry if I am being rude and was just trying to make a suggestion. =)

• Wylesong
    Options

That one is a weird rule and I say heck with that and use all traps on one survivor lmao.....I kind of wish this would happen to me as a survivor now lol

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    Options

One I got told recently; "You have no skills if you use death slinger ". Survivors rule book is very strange sometimes

• Wylesong
    Options

I never heard this rule but I am sure it has been said at one point are another. I would find Doctor a more toxic pick than spirit but really just picking a killer means nothing and if someone calls that particular killer toxic it is probably because they have not learned to deal with them. I say play any killer you like and just play the way you would want the killer to treat you. I know how that sounds and it is dumb but it is a good way to play.

• Wylesong
    Options
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

If Survivors desire to be overly Altruistic, I am not allowed to slug to capitalize on that. Nor am I allowed to slug the person that was just unhooked to dodge Decisive Strike. I must take the Strike then chase a different Survivor.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

I think this is the most well spoken variant of this i've seen

been seeing a lot less "gen rush" lately (both before and during the current event), however when it happens as killer it is and always will be painful

tbh as soon as the devs implement the early game reverse endgame collapse thing they mentioned, that it will fix a majority of issues i have as killer with this game. - just granting the killer a speed boost at the start of the match prior to their first chase or interaction with a survivor/limiting gen speeds before a players first killer interaction (ie before the first chase has been initiated) would help IMMENSELY in terms of pressure and gameplay. the amount of times as survivor i've done a gen before a killer has even found another survivor (with prove thyself, toolboxes or even just alone on some maps) is a lil sad.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Which i prefer to uphold? None.

Which i prefer to not listen to? All.

I just follow the game's official rules, then within those rules i play in ways to entertain myself.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

If someone runs into your face after being unhooked you must hit them immediately instead of waiting out the slightly obvious BT

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I had no idea what it meant at first. A survivor just accused me of griefing and then said it was because I double trapped them so I told them to explain to me what the hell they meant by it

• Wylesong
    Options

That makes no sense because I could be wrong but I think the Pig lady starts with 5 traps and the fact there is 5 survivors means at least 1 person may have to deal with 2 traps. It is not girefing unless maybe you are tunneling that one person just to do it but really it is just the game play. It is math. If there is 5 traps and 4 survivors someone will get double trapped and honestly just deal with it. If you play Miss Piggy then have fun and I would love to see a pig place all traps on one survivor. lol