The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Huntress Nerf conclusion

We are not many Huntress mains/one trick out there, we know how difficult is to master and control this killer. We know she is slow and loopeable. She has a 45 meter humming that makes her very easy to spot and counter, we also know the rewards of doing a good snipe or prefiring with succes at some gap of a loop/structure.

High ranks are filled of Nurses and billys, which are by difference the best killers on the game. With this patch you have nerfed Huntress, again. But this time, you have severely damaged her hitboxes without even trying it on the PTB. I have more than 1000 hours played only with huntress and i tell you, now is much worse. I even had hatchets that went through the survivor's body without hitting. Sniping now is, well, fishy, it's not viable...

I don't know who is in charge of the balance changes, I don't know if he only is able to run straight forward when being chased by a huntress, but really, there are plently of options to loop her, she is not hard to play against, even if the huntress is good.
Now she is, really, without doubt, considerably worse than before. I feel like quitting this game, i have put a lot of people on dbd, but never more. I Will not add more of my videos and my content. I'm not putting more effort on your game more. I'm not joining the nurse/Billy meta and i don't want to play something that used to be decent to become frustrated. You are just lowering a killer that was already pretty much counterable.

Im just amased of how low knowledge about the game have the department that works on the balance. Are they aware of the nurse-Billy meta? They know Huntress only have her hatchets since she is slow and have a 45 meter humming?
Adding this changes you are not improving the experience of the survivor friends playerbase, being that your biggest source of new players to the game. Now there are going to be more billys, and more nurses, worse experience for everyone. Unbelievable.

This is my profile.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987836174/

Comments

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@not_Queen can we actually get some community communication here, was this the intended outcome? Did something mess up in the code? Or was this a legit shadow nerf? If yes, then why?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I can vouch for this guy. He is a damn good Huntress.

If he says Huntress was unfairly changed, then his post is worth considering.

Bear in mind, I say this as someone who hates versing a Huntress.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

She needs a base Speed Buff.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

I play on Xbox where Huntress isn't very good to begin with, I don't play her much so I don't have experience with her like other people but if these hitboxes are as bad as people are saying then that really sucks. I have always vouched for Huntress buffs and yet all they keep doing is nerfing her.

I feel bad for any Huntress mains right now.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I've actually been giving this some thought and I'm curious if it's a major bug and not a "shadow nerf."

I only wonder this because this change has happened since the PTB ended and there was a major change to Huntress, Hag, and Spirit. That being the bug plaguing their melee lunges was fixed.

Now this fix occured late into the PTB as I recall when next to no one was playing on it, let alone playing as Huntress. So I'm wondering if the bug in question was some sort of spliced code between the melee attack and the huntress hatches that when it got fixed screwed up the hatchets. Given the track record of attempts to fixing one thing totally shattering other related things, it stands reasonable that this might be the case.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Huntress received 2 nerfs in a row now.
    I guess they really want that billy/nurse meta desperately.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Why on Earth would the developers nerf the second best non-bs killer? No blinks/ no teleports, she plays their games and this is the reward? Damn, and I was thinking about maining her soon if I can't get my Doctor game in order.
  • bob_bobber
    bob_bobber Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2018

Development team has forgotten.
    She does not need nerf, She needs buff.

Huntress:
    nerfed the machine gun combo, but reduced the base speed wind-up time

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8t0alv/qa_sessions_2_21_june_2018_summary/

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

I can vouch for this guy. He is a damn good Huntress.

If he says Huntress was unfairly changed, then his post is worth considering.

Bear in mind, I say this as someone who hates versing a Huntress.

As a huntress main I knew something was ######### up then seconds I put 2 hatchets into a claudette body and they didn't do a single thing thank God i have 2 back up killers i can use
  • macaco386
    macaco386 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    jordirex said:

I feel like quitting this game

Please do

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    jordirex said:

We are not many Huntress mains/one trick out there, we know how difficult is to master and control this killer. We know she is slow and loopeable. She has a 45 meter humming that makes her very easy to spot and counter, we also know the rewards of doing a good snipe or prefiring with succes at some gap of a loop/structure.

High ranks are filled of Nurses and billys, which are by difference the best killers on the game. With this patch you have nerfed Huntress, again. But this time, you have severely damaged her hitboxes without even trying it on the PTB. I have more than 1000 hours played only with huntress and i tell you, now is much worse. I even had hatchets that went through the survivor's body without hitting. Sniping now is, well, fishy, it's not viable...

I don't know who is in charge of the balance changes, I don't know if he only is able to run straight forward when being chased by a huntress, but really, there are plently of options to loop her, she is not hard to play against, even if the huntress is good.
    Now she is, really, without doubt, considerably worse than before. I feel like quitting this game, i have put a lot of people on dbd, but never more. I Will not add more of my videos and my content. I'm not putting more effort on your game more. I'm not joining the nurse/Billy meta and i don't want to play something that used to be decent to become frustrated. You are just lowering a killer that was already pretty much counterable.

Im just amased of how low knowledge about the game have the department that works on the balance. Are they aware of the nurse-Billy meta? They know Huntress only have her hatchets since she is slow and have a 45 meter humming?
    Adding this changes you are not improving the experience of the survivor friends playerbase, being that your biggest source of new players to the game. Now there are going to be more billys, and more nurses, worse experience for everyone. Unbelievable.

This is my profile.
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987836174/

If it's not in the patch notes, it's a bug
  • SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    jordirex said:

I even had hatchets that went through the survivor's body without hitting.  

This has happened to me before a few times and I was so confused. Good to know it happens to other people.
  • jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

its so frustrating. Now survivors laugh upon you, she is not strong. One of the highest skill caps on the game and she just got destroyed. Not viable compared to top killers like Billy nurse and hag, much boring killers that doesn't need aim.

I was top 500 in Overwatch being widow main and i cannot hit ######### now xDDDD.

@Dabrownman1812 said:

it is in the patch notes, it is a really heavy nerf to a killer that was already counterable.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    edited September 2018

Adjusted the collision surrounding the Huntress' hatchets so it is more accurate to their shape
    *Post edited by Patricia on September 19

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/20152/patch-notes-2-2-0-shattered-bloodline

well, I can only say one thing.
    sad

Why do this? Even Overwatch does not do things like that. The lag is real :(

• Dabrownman1812
    jordirex said:

its so frustrating. Now survivors laugh upon you, she is not strong. One of the highest skill caps on the game and she just got destroyed. Not viable compared to top killers like Billy nurse and hag, much boring killers that doesn't need aim.

I was top 500 in Overwatch being widow main and i cannot hit ######### now xDDDD.

@Dabrownman1812 said:

it is in the patch notes, it is a really heavy nerf to a killer that was already counterable.

Hard to make good boxes then, cause before they were op in terms of having huge hitboxes that hit the survivor's hurt box but not the body.
  • Dabrownman1812

If all they did was fix her lunge and the maps like they did, I'd be totally fine with wonky hitboxes on hatchets. It's impossible to hit people now, they pass right through them at point blank. They need to revert this change in a hotfix ASAP.

Idk bout revert since survivors could get hit with bs hurt boxes but something new for sure. Since hit boxes are shapes her hatchets are probably going to get bs hits or bs misses. 
  • HarryHatchet
    HarryHatchet Member Posts: 29

i feel like this nerf was unbelievable unneccessary, Huntress was never broken and will never be (i have over 600 hours on her) the only unacceptable hits i do is on female characters which are ''buckled'. When they run sideways the hitbox is slighty bigger as when i hit them from the front or behind. i kindly ask to review this change since she is very frustrating and unfun to play right now since you have to melee hit them with your very very low walking speed.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    jordirex said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Hard to make good boxes then, cause before they were op in terms of having huge hitboxes that hit the survivor's hurt box but not the body.
    Except they werent on account of the fact that her larger hitboxes would collide with a lot of terrain even though the hatchet was clearly going above the terrain.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Zarathos said:
    jordirex said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Except they werent on account of the fact that her larger hitboxes would collide with a lot of terrain even though the hatchet was clearly going above the terrain.
    If there's collision, if not she had some easier unfair hits. Points is there needs to be a middle ground, having a hitbox too big leads to unfairness too.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    macaco386 said:
    jordirex said:

I feel like quitting this game

Please do

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out
    Probably a survivor main that doesn't care when killers are nerfed and only wants more nerfs because if you had half a. Rain you would know that both the recent nerfs have been completely unfair 
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    This entire situation makes me lose faith in the devs...

if this was a bug then they can't program for crap. Remember the update when they made flashlight saves super easy changed bt and somehow broke the terror radius? That's when I quit because I'm so frustrated with the devs and I came back a few weeks ago now this alleged bug just takes the cake.

If this was intended then these devs are obviously not very smart as far as balance goes because this was completely undeserved. Yeah the hitboxes were not too great but that kinda balanced her out. Even before this I still had hatchets going through people now it's not just the tall characters, it's Claudette too. And dodging hatchets are 1million times easier making it near impossible to hit someone unless they are vaulting or dropping a pallet and that's assuming they don't just run around it to fake you out 
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos said:
    jordirex said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

If there's collision, if not she had some easier unfair hits. Points is there needs to be a middle ground, having a hitbox too big leads to unfairness too.
    Ya and if we got that balance the huntress would be unplayble. Since most maps have terrain thats not possible to fire over making her power unuseable. Seriously who struggled as a rank 1 survivours aginst huntress i always found her mid tier at best. Ridiclously overated for what i now consider to be one of the worst killers in the game.

If we want precision aim to be a requirement for huntress then the difficulty should reward greater power. Were talking about way better wind up by default and faster hatchet travel speed. A player should be rewarded equally for skill required to play them. She needs to be rasied to nurse levels if this is the requirements to play her as anyone who has played this killer will tell you her hatchet wind up are awkward and the movement of the hatchets are too easy to juke. Without using flicking which is incredibly unreliable. 

Ps vaulting windows is giving survivours invincibility frames against huntress hatchets please fix this garbage. 
  • Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

That last part is because the survivor hitbox stays in the same shape but upright, so if you aim at their legs or head while they're vaulting a window or pallet, it goes through their legs/head. Which is abysmal.

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66

This has to be hotfixed. You just can't have a killer whose attack just goes through the survivor half the time. Huntress was my favorite thing in this game and they just nerfed her into the ground for no particular reason.

• Zarathos

If all they did was fix her lunge and the maps like they did, I'd be totally fine with wonky hitboxes on hatchets. It's impossible to hit people now, they pass right through them at point blank. They need to revert this change in a hotfix ASAP.

Idk bout revert since survivors could get hit with bs hurt boxes but something new for sure. Since hit boxes are shapes her hatchets are probably going to get bs hits or bs misses. 
    I'm guessing your one of the people who backed freddy being nerfed to the ground simply because a killer had an annoying element to their kit for survivour the huntress needs to be fixed immmediatly shes no longer playable and is now the second worst killer in the game. 
  • Elvencloud
    Elvencloud Member Posts: 1

Example of the Hatchets: https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingLuckyBibimbapBrainSlug
    Hitting heads and limbs feels impossible anymore, and have weird phasing sometimes. What the heck happened, DBD staff?

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Elvencloud said:
    Example of the Hatchets: https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingLuckyBibimbapBrainSlug
    Hitting heads and limbs feels impossible anymore, and have weird phasing sometimes. What the heck happened, DBD staff?

KILLER OUTPLAYED EZPZ GET REKT SCRUB

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'm anticipating a hot fix for Huntress coming up soon.

• xxDeAd_SiLeNcE
    xxDeAd_SiLeNcE Member Posts: 23
    I never played Huntress when she was viable, so I only just started playing her recently. God is she useless in my opinion. The nerf must have been pretty bad because I can’t hit those hatchets if my life depends on it, and survivors always start running before I’m even visible because of the humming. I’m a Rank 2 killer so it could just be the survivors making it hard for me? 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@xxDeAd_SiLeNcE said:
    I never played Huntress when she was viable, so I only just started playing her recently. God is she useless in my opinion. The nerf must have been pretty bad because I can’t hit those hatchets if my life depends on it, and survivors always start running before I’m even visible because of the humming. I’m a Rank 2 killer so it could just be the survivors making it hard for me? 

It was a hitbox change that had unforeseen consequences. Namely, that the hatchets now miss Survivors even when they quite clearly shouldn't, whereas the opposite happened before.

• xxDeAd_SiLeNcE
    xxDeAd_SiLeNcE Member Posts: 23
    Orion said:

@xxDeAd_SiLeNcE said:

It was a hitbox change that had unforeseen consequences. Namely, that the hatchets now miss Survivors even when they quite clearly shouldn't, whereas the opposite happened before.

I see. Could be a while before she’s fixed then because we’ve been asking for the Freddy rework for a while now and it’s taking forever; however, it seems like an easy fix so it could come before that.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@MichaelAMyers said:

Ehh...she has a long range attack which is why she is slow. The only killer that needs a speed buff is Spirit. Huntress is one of the top tier killers, not really necessary to buff her base speed.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

Yea that sucks too, but I'd rather that then getting phantom hits.

A lot of "hit box issues", as survivors would put it, is lag most of the time. You see the hatchet 10 ft behind you and get hit, that's lag not hitboxes. Huntress mains complained about the hitboxes around obstacles, because the hatchet hits invisible walls and #########. No one was really complaining about distended hitboxes where you can hit a survivor on the other side of a gen or pallet, except survivors that are too stupid to use tall cover properly.

• Totally agree, i game huntress and now it is unplayable. The axes are totally random, I guess I should fix it shortly, I hope. I have stopped playing with her for this reason, at least for the moment. This game is getting worse, and I'm from the old school, I play it since its launch 2016, legacy "without skin". See you and see if this improves a bit.

• Zarathos
    edited September 2018
    MegMain98 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

Ehh...she has a long range attack which is why she is slow. The only killer that needs a speed buff is Spirit. Huntress is one of the top tier killers, not really necessary to buff her base speed.

Definatly not now shes is utter trash who cant even hit a survivour vaulting  a window. Everyone say it with me pretty good job so far. But seriously she is the most overated killer in the game. If every survivour made an effort to dodge her hatchets then she wouldnt be as much of a bogeywoman you survivours make her out to be. Dumb survivours make her look stronger then she actually is. 
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited September 2018

I’ve literally thrown a hatchet directly at a Survivor standing completely still and it went through them.

The Huntress wasn’t nerfed. The Huntress was deleted.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    edited September 2018

Well I had a game with her you literally have too aim center mass for the hatchets to do anything. Again I can live it for now but their limbs should have hitboxes as well.....and change huntress hitboxes please...actually revert them back.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@M4rkay said:
    Nerfing her is unnecessary. She is one of the most balanced killers out there imo.

*was one of the most balanced

I agree. She felt good to play as, and fair to play against. Her hatchets are slow (unless you wind up, in which case the survivors are long gone), and easy to dodge. Even before this change, I found that people would easily dodge hatchets at anything longer than 10-20 meters (good survivors that is). And honestly, even when I first started playing this game (after the clown mid-chapter update. Shortly after though. Have racked up quite a few hours.), I thought the windup on her hatchets was rather long. Combined with the extremely low chance to hit now..

The hitboxes on various objects make it impossible to hit survivors even when you have a clear line of sights (like the short objects), and the tall ones more or less negate your power. And don't even think about trying to throw it over waist high walls at an even mild downward angle. Throwing it near a corner? It's going to hit the building, not your target.

I'm finding I don't even TRY to use her power, that's how bad it is. I just run around, and hit people...assuming I can get there in time, or don't spend 3 minutes running in a circle. I throw maybe 4 hatchets a game now, and hit maybe one, if I'm lucky. But it's point blank, anyways, so does it matter if I actually hit with the hatchet, versus her regular attack?

I play both sides, and more or less every killer (except billy and nurse. Nurse just isn't fun, and billy feels weird to control, for me.), and honestly, I've had better games playing all the DLC characters without perks and addons (the dlc offerings) than I have with the huntress all kitted out. At the end of the day...she's just not fun to play now. And that makes me sad, because she was quite fun.

Ah well, I do have my wraith leveled up quite a bit, I suppose I'll be switching to him, until they change her. And if they don't....Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm done complaining for now. Honestly, I think this is the biggest issue I've had with this game yet.

• Gero003
    Gero003 Member Posts: 13

I read the idea of a variable movement speed in another post and it seemed like a good way to "repair" the damage caused to the Huntress.
    The huntress received 3 nerfs in a row that completely ruined her.
    First the decrease in the percentage of Hatchet wind-up time addons, then the smaller hitboxes of the survivors without limbs (All the surviving women are smaller than the men and it is much more difficult to hit them with a hatchet), and now that decreased the speed of the Bloodlust makes the Huntress an unusable killer.
    The idea of speed movement variable its with hatchets its speed is 110% and without hatchets 115% (to can reload more faster in big maps and attack more faster in short distance), it is also very necessary to review the hitboxes of the maps (all those who have boxes, debris and vehicles that hit invisible walls) and survivors, because for her it is much more difficult to hit a shot with walls, trees, debris, lag, and now small hitboxes of survivors.
    Also the revision of the addons "Manna Grass Braid" and "Flower Babushka" so that they return to their previous values ​​to Patch 2.1.0 (remember devs: "Tinkerer" it no longer affects the loading speed, so that nerf was not necessary in those addons).
    And finally something suggested by other publications is that fully loaded hatchets can break pallets.
    It would be a good improvement after having ruined her before. (PD: Google Translator).

Original Post https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/21546/huntress-need-work-imo#latest

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited September 2018

@Killigma said:
    @not_Queen can we actually get some community communication here, was this the intended outcome? Did something mess up in the code? Or was this a legit shadow nerf? If yes, then why?

it was intended but theres a bug that sometimes dont connect the hatchet while you hit a survivor but still she got nerfed cuz reason its no matter you dodge the hatch you still get it

• peccavi
    peccavi Member Posts: 3

My understanding is that this was their attempt at fixing the bug where there's like 3 walls in the entire damn game that hatchets can go through if you release them close enough. So instead of fixing those walls, they broke the entire killer.

Clearly untested because hatchets consistently go right through people now.

I'm not sure this part is right or not, but I think I've noticed that lunge attacks don't seem hit like they did when you are above someone (on the stairs to the basement for example) or when they are holding something in front of them (like a flashlight), so I don't think it's just hatchets, but they cut off "excess" on all the hitboxes. That sounds intended, but not hatchets going right through heads and chests.

Really really bad management to push this out without testing.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

@MegMain98 said:

@MichaelAMyers said:

Uh?....I guess?.....

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Her hitboxes were buggy before, but now they are nonexistent completely. I've played against 1 Huntress since the new Chapter came out, and I felt bad for her. Ran her around for quite a while because every hatchet thrown at me missed completely. Some that definitely should've hit, just went through me and I could see their impact on the wall/obstruction in front of my body.

She didn't need any buffs/nerfs imo at all. She felt good from either side. Now though, she's worthless when her power is so useless. Worse than the double stun on the Nurse.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    edited September 2018

I can literally get more kills with freddy now... and that says a lot...

• HarryHatchet
    HarryHatchet Member Posts: 29

Very nice that the devs dont even respond to the community