Why so butthurt about spirit?

Options

Comments

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

Doesn't matter how many times you say it.... Stridor DOES give Spirits more of an edge than they need. She may not need it and YOU may find it confusing to use but not everyone will. It's even more overkill considering it counters iron will.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    Options

I like the fact that there is a killer with a different kind of mindgame, baiting the survivor rather than doing the moonwalk flip flop that almost every other killer uses. Diversity mixes up the gameplay. I think people get pissy because they are one trick ponies and when their one trick doesn't work rather than adapt they just rage quit and complain. I've been outplayed as spirit plenty of times, it can be done.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    Options

It's funny, Scott Jund has had an open invitation for around a year now that invites anyone to go into a lobby with him, and just say when he's entered phase from tells. if you do, he'll publish a video with your name on it saying you've proven him wrong and that Spirit does in fact have tells.

0 people have taken him up on it. Wonder why.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Because every chase is a mindgame with her. The typical loop a pallet three times, dead hard, then run to another loop doesn't work on her. Survivors know how to abuse the game speed and mechanics, and any killer that challenges that play style must be nerfed.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

i main Spirit besides Wraith, Ghostface and Demo in red ranks, i also played against her a lot.

So first, she is definitely one of the strongest killers in the game. I will not argue that, but i also don't see a problem with that.

A lot of players saying she is braindead and "ez 4k", that's just not true. If it would be like that, you would see a lot more Spirits. I play in Middle Europe, and i see maybe 1 in 20 games when playing survivor. And don't tell me it's because "Killers want a challenge", most killers are desperate for the 4k and use everything they can (NOED, Mori, playing "scummy") to win, because they're like rank 7-12 and face red ranks constantly. In fact, a lot of Killer player don't play her because she's not that easy to play, she is no Nurse but you will get trashed by better survivors if you don't know what you do. There are strong killers that are easier to play than her (looking at you, Freddy!). Furthermore, most of the Spirits i faced weren't good, most were mediocre. Of course there are some strong ones in red ranks that killed me easily, but what's the problem with that? I've met Clowns and Trappers that killed my swf at 3 gens left, some Killers have over 3000h in this game and are just very good. Playing with her, i've had more than enough matches with 0 kills.

I agree, it's often like a coinflip, will she phase around the window? Will she wait at the window for the double back? But i've played against survivors that seemed in my head and constantly knew what i was going to do. If you just mindlessly run to pallets and wait, of course you will die, you can't react to her after-phase lunge. Try to throw the pallet down early on longer loops, so she has to phase around and lose her power. Try to mix this up with throwing down the pallet, but stay on the same side as Spirit and walk back slowly, she will phase to the other side as long as she doesn't hear any vault. It's actually hard to locate survivors exactly (which side they are at pallets or windows), especially with Stridor, you can't hear the difference while phasing. And yes, Stridor soft-counters Iron Will. But it's only 50%, which means, if you throw her off and she goes into another direction, she can't hear you anymore after some metres. She can only locate you if she is phasing exactly over/around you. Moreover, there are some sound bugs happening here and there.

Remember, wasting her time is the path to victory. After losing her power, she is an easily loopable 110% Killer for some time, and 2 or 3 wrong guesses from her side can mean she looses the game against good teams that sit on gens. Try to be creative, she is crazy good in theory but most Spirits aren't that terryfing, to be honest. My kill ratio with her is the same as with Wraith, around 2 kills per game (i've actually logged that for some time). And only because you can't loop her around the classic way like a Wraith or Trapper doesn't mean she is OP.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    edited July 2020
    Options

She lacks information and counterplay. Anyone who says otherwise is a biased spirit main.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

I'm assuming your thought on this haven't changed. If you've said it a million times it's likely you will never change your mind.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    Options

It’s a constant guessing game with her, which makes counters nearly impossible. And therefore strategy is kinda out the window. It’s not fun.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

She gets hate because survivors can't do their same ole brain dead "circle, circle, circle, pallet" on every single loop and makes them play outside the box a little. That's all there is to it. Anything that makes a survivor change it up a bit is bad and op.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

A baby spirit is easy to counter, like other killers. But she requires very little skill compared to others to be good at, and she has virtually no counterplay (she can ear you anytime). That's a shame that basically every good player at the game agrees with that.

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2020
    Options

because its a cheap killer.

you have iron will? oh wait.. every spirit is using stridor i forgot.

she can hear you breathing, she can see scratchmarks, she can see grass moving, she can stay still on pallets and get free hits.

spirit is just a cheap killer with high reward. nurse is atleast a killer with highskill cap and need actually work to get good with her.

the only counter to spirit is iron will BUT guess what .. you know it already i dont need to say something.

stop defending this killer, i also mained spirit for months till i realized how BS designed this killer is.

spirit without stirodr is fine, and FUN because you can actually mindgame her.

spirit with stridor = small pi pi, easy mode, unfun simple

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Because she is a threat.

That is literally it. Can't make a LOL baby killer! loop montage against something that can actually do something about it.

• OktobmerButOktobmier
    OktobmerButOktobmier Member Posts: 25
    Options

Well, I have a question for you.

Who is actually giving her hate? people on twitch? youtube? the fourms? what do you mean?

• GoodJobGuys92
    GoodJobGuys92 Member Posts: 102
    Options

Is the plan to ######### about any good killer until they get nursed? So pathetic.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

I can see why people don't like her, She's not necessarily the strongest killer but she does have the ability to fake out using her power making counter play difficult.

The problem with asking for more counter play and an obvious sign that she's phasing is she's already a slow M1 killer, By design all her strengths are in her Power. She would become incredibly weak if her power were easily countered and would need some buffs in other areas to compensate.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,677
    Options

I've been very vocal about my hatred of spirit yet also about my love of facing huntress, Billy, Nurse, Freddy, etc- if none of those killers are threats to you then please enlighten me as to who is.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Side note she plays horribly with the chaser emblem much like nurse if you do well versus her the game struggles to read if your still in chase and are awarded little to no evader points which yes the emblem system imo needs to be gone over and adjusted but nonetheless earn her additional hate. She also creates scenarios where you lack nuance tools to combat her. It not like huntress where you play a game of juke the hatchet or even nurse where you can see what directions shes blinking by looking at where her hands facing or have an indicator as to when shes going to use her blink. If people have an issue with a killer or a survivor perk there's going to be change helping direct those changes so the killer or perk doesn't come out like a legion is important. Digging in your heels and saying no shes fine will lead to you having no say in her future changes.

Her kit also has issues where it defaults to targeting injured usually recently unhooked survivors and as much as I think you shouldn't have survivors be invincible post unhook I don't agree they should be robbed of any chance of survival because a high speed spirit is charging back to the hook and the only thing they can track is the recently unhooked survivor. My idea for adjusting spirit would be to reverse the way she hears thing while phasing. Make it so breathing is much louder for healthy survivors but pained moans are hidden in phase.

You could create a stun like nurse effect post phase so she has to get her hit post phase within a time frame or experience a stun. have her power consume fully so you cant immediately enter phase if you only use a tiny bit of her power. Now obviously all these ideas need to be tested see which one works. It's ok to have a strong killer but when her mechanics are prone to frustrating play patterns that has limited to no counters its going to antagonize people. Let me reiterate legion and mettle of man are examples of what happen's when both sides do not discuss or reconcile differences on how to balance there mechanics.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I'm guilty as charged. Not for hating Spirit, but for being a reason people hate her.

My Devour, Infectious, BBQ, STBFL would like to speak with you.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,229
    Options

Whine about a strong killer

Get them nerfed

Look for the next in the list.

Nurse spirit billy, weve joked about it coming back then too.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

The problem is everyone thinks a killer should be countered by a perk. Really, she's not any stronger than any other killer other than you can't see her for 10 seconds at a time.

It takes way to much intuition for some folks, and if they can't just completely ghost her with a single perk somehow that makes her strong... Meanwhile Freddy can teleport across the map, has inherent slow down, and has traps all over the map you can't see or know about until you're asleep, which if you're asleep you're slower at everything.....

With Spirit it's literally run at a loop, play back and fourth with your shadow, and leave the loop without running.... I've escaped SOOOOOOany spirits, I really want to meet this mythical spirit that is as good as a good nurse, cuz I never met her

• romerojoel
    romerojoel Member Posts: 35
    Options

I agree. spirit does not need stridor. Just get well with her and you will be able to use a wayyy more better perk with that persoon people use for stridor.

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2020
    Options

Wait how does Stridor even work when Iron Will reduces noise by 100% ?! If noise is now 0. You could have a perk that multiplies cries of pain by 100000000000000000. And it would still be 0.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

It works additively. Survivors make 50% the usual sounds.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

Well... because it's additive and not multiplicative...

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

As a Spirit main myself, I can agree to that as well! Survivor's depend way too much on the red stain. I love going against her because she's a gamble!

Sadly once Spirit Identifies that you have Spine Chill she can use that perk to her advantage, by simply keeping her screen phasing the survivor at all time which can trick them into thinking that she's not phasing!

• MigrantTheGreat
    Options

Here's my question! How do you change her without defeating the purpose of her? The purpose of Spirit is to trick and mindgame survivor's, and yes I read your 'ThErE Is nO MiNdGaMe WiTh HeR WhAtSoEvEr' from a player that also plays Oni, James, and Wraith, there is no mindgame when you have direct LOS on the killer in a loop or when all survivor's have to do is peek around the corner looking for the red stain! That defeats the purpose of a mindgame because your GETTING INFO and not lacking info

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Almost every player with a multitude of hours on either side will tell you there is no interaction or counter with her power she doesn’t move her hand in any special way make any sound inside terror radius to tell you this is happening etc

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

No counter & boring to play against.

Her “nerf” didn’t really do much. Her addons were way too overturned anyway & Prayer beads bracelet was BS. No collision only punishes the newbies.

There’s literally no downside to using her power. Missed with your power? No worries, you can still resume the chase instantly, unlike other killers who typically suffer from a cool down or fatigue with a miss.

Honestly adding post-phase fatigue would not hurt her too much. Like Nurse she could choose to lunge or to not lunge.

Or just simply letting survivors hear the phasing sound.

• Fen
    Fen Member Posts: 119
    Options

You either rework her or make her more interractive. BHVR could've reverted all the buffs that Spirit got after her release, such as change in the direction of whoosing sound during Phase Walk and survivors not being able to hear sound cue of Spirit's power while in her TR. Also, survivors used to hear Spirits breathing everytime she was about to come out of Phase Walk, but that was removed for some reason.

I don't know why Spirit got these buffs in the first place, because that was an overkill. Also i've already said HOW you can change Spirit without making her f-tier and make her more interractive at the same time: You make it so everytime she starts phasing, survivors are able to see her glimpses just like with the old Freddy. BHVR could've also fixed a bug where Spirit does not move grass, bushes and corn. They also could've make her footsteps in Phase Walk slightly louder. I don't want Spirit to be gutted; I want her to be atleast slightly more interractive.

Also i don't feel like i need to define for you what 'mindgame' is. Core of DBD is a killer chasing survivors. Spirit is different and this is why she hated so much. End of story.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Let the survivors know when she's using her power.

That doesn't break any of the mind games... it merely informs the survivor that it is mind game time. After the Spirit uses it, she's still invisible. Which way is she going? You don't know, she might even just stay put. However her power is supposed to be balanced around the fact that neither of you can see the other and don't know what exactly the other is doing. However right now... the Spirit can just hold still and fake phasing so she can see exactly what the survivor does and react to that after they've already started their mind game. Which sometimes gets her a free hit because the Survivor went with the "slow vault back into her" mind game.

• MigrantTheGreat
    Options

Hmm.., ok! While I agree with what you said about her QOL fixes she got, I diagree with survivor's being interactive with killer simply because it forces me to use different tactics instead of mindlessly looping! Ik I sound entitled af, but I would rather take a gamble, rather than peek around the corner of a loop looking for the red stain guessing if the killer is coming my way or not!

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

What about people who wear glasses and have poorer vision I dont wear glasses and I cant see those tiny shards on her body but if you can power to you... I guess?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I just hate it when Spirits really try to tunnel you because of how strong she is. They ignore DSs.

• azame
    Options

So same goes for the killer right theg can stand there and claim it's a mindgame.

• aNAAA
    aNAAA Member Posts: 36
    Options

A spirit with 300 hours of play can kill a team of 4 players with more than 4000 hours. There is a problem and it is not the level of the survivors.. It's clearly not fun and we are still waiting for THE REAL NERF..

• azame
    Options

Do people not realize needing a perk to counter any killer is not healthy its flawed, heavily at that.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

No, nothing changes when she phases if you see her.

You're supposed to be able to hear her footsteps, but majority of the time you can;'t because of the same soundbugs people that abuse her complain aboutl

• azame
    Options

No if that was the case why does no one complain about post nerf nurse or oni.

• goatslinger
    Options

Because nobody plays post nerf nurse and oni can't disappear or blink through pallets/walls?

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Dude, if you are still falling for a spirit standing still that is on you.

I mean who still uses that tactic. Good spirit is all offensive. Hit , down, hook. Rinse and repeat.

If she stands still, use that time to get distance and make the next loop.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

And yet they break the cycle of loop loop pallet repeat. Nurse blinks and Oni with his power can curve you from so far away and hit you. Huntress and freddy also make looping a lot more dangerous to try, and clown requires you to play stealthy because if you're in a chase you're going to die soon or use up every resource you have.

The thing is, nobody complains about these killers, or of they do they're not aware of the way around them. Spirit has nothing like this. You shouldn't need to run a perk or two to deal with her, I've never seen shards glow and my eyesight is awful so I never will be able to, she moves no grass or corn, makes no footsteps because sounds are bugged, and has no consistent tell as to when she's phasing (since from what I've seen before the shards don't even light up on several skins). Bearing in mind trying to see the shards took a solid 16 seconds. If you're standing that close for even 4 you're being hit.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

What is with all the baiting on these forums? Does your ego really need to feel superior to others today?

• goatslinger
    Options

Again, nobody plays nurse anymore. If you can't loop an Oni i'm not sure what you're doing. Huntress and especially freddy are complained about pretty regularly. Not so much huntress anymore as shes been out long enough that I think most have just accepted it. Clown...I don't know what to say if someone were to complain about going against clown lol. Spirit is not hard to go against. I'd much rather face a spirit than a good billy, than anyone with 2 hands playing freddy, an annoying legion, a camping hag, etc.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Nah I'd rather all of those to a spirit lol. Because they have tells when they're using their power and it's a lot mindgames and not educated guesses. If I wanted to play with odds I'd go to Ladbrooks (since they've reopened now).

• azame
    Options

Yes people do play post nerf nurse good nurses are ok nurse was op before the nerf as long as you were decent it was guaranteed 4ks and oni is a strong killer in the right hands.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

Spirit is tough, but I've found ways to counter, whether with or without perks. She makes a sound like rushing air when nearby, and you can just about tell where she is from this. Also, Spirit players still have to make a guess as to where the survivor actually is, now collision is gone, and it's possible to confuse it with scratch mark manipulation or quiet vaults. Being wounded makes life much harder, but still possible.

• SunderMun
    Options

You've enver seen her shards glow because they don't; people who claim this are those that refuse to let her be balanced because they want easy games.

• SunderMun
    Options

As an Oni/Legion main, I assure you, the Oni has plenty of ways around loops, including interesting forms of mindgame that come as a result of his power's strength. There's a reason he doesn't have it 24/7.