The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Unhook changes - For how long survivor has immunity after freeing himself off of the hook?

Darktronik
Darktronik Member Posts: 94
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4z9JVUspsA

I waited him to regain full control to hit him.

Comments

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

not long enough tbh, should be 20 minutes on invuln

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

I hope you got her before the other survivor found the hatch.
    That is weird.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

This is way too long. Should be reduced.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@Crythor said:

It shouldn't exist in the first place. But the devs are like "instead of mitigating hook-farming by giving hooked survivors the option not to be unhooked, we'd rather punish the killer".

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

Post it on reddit brah

On the safe side I would wait few second before hitting them

• Darktronik

@Someissues said:
    Post it on reddit brah

On the safe side I would wait few second before hitting them

I did. No one gave a S there. Unfortunately, it depends entirely on being upvoted to get some visibility.

• Darktronik

@Crythor said:

IIRC not_queen said it would last until survivor regain full control. That was the time I waited to hit him.

• makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

Maybe it was a connection problem? Maybe the time is longer for people who kobe?! I don't know.
    What I do know is either way that was total BS and she should have gone down.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Yah, that's a bit screwed up. Killer is usually a couple ticks ahead of the survivor. If you saw them move, they should of had control.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 2018

They changed the animation I think to 1.2 seconds for the self unhooking. Yeah needed to wait a moment longer.. too bad.

Says so on the next line that you highlighted. So probably was a laggish type of issue.

• Darktronik
    edited September 2018

@TheBean said:
    They changed the animation I think to 1.2 seconds for the self unhooking. Yeah needed to wait a moment longer.. too bad.

Says so on the next line that you highlighted. So probably was a laggish type of issue.

the patch notes is referring to an animation of a survivor saving another one, I believe. Nonetheless, 1.2 seconds is the animation itself. When a survivor regain control, there is no animation anymore. 1.2 seconds has past.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623

Its not long probably 2 seconds? I had to camp a Nea yesterday for herrassing me with a flashlight as Killer every damn chance she got. When her friends pulled her down I was able to smack her in like 1-2 seconds. Its only a problem when they have borrowed time but if you're able to get em, you'll get em.
  • Darktronik

@Michiko said:
    Darktronik said:

Its not long probably 2 seconds? I had to camp a Nea yesterday for herrassing me with a flashlight as Killer every damn chance she got. When her friends pulled her down I was able to smack her in like 1-2 seconds. Its only a problem when they have borrowed time but if you're able to get em, you'll get em.

What is interesting is that i didnt have a problem when a survivor was saving another one. As soons as the survivor hit the floor, the immunity was gone.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623

@Michiko said:
    Darktronik said:

What is interesting is that i didnt have a problem when a survivor was saving another one. As soons as the survivor hit the floor, the immunity was gone.

Ahh I see! Your post didn't come up as a video until I reloaded it back to see your comment. I thought it was a picture. That is weird as heck. 
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Michiko said:

It’s hard to avoid bt now, for some reason it automatically hit the survivor that is coming off the hook. I normally would hit the saver but now it is a bit challenging 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Darktronik said:
    the patch notes is referring to an animation of a survivor saving another one, I believe. Nonetheless, 1.2 seconds is the animation itself. When a survivor regain control, there is no animation anymore. 1.2 seconds has past.

No it doesn't, read it in the video itself right under the line that was highlighted.

"The animation for freeing oneself from the hook has been reduced from 2.4 seconds to 1.2 seconds".

1.2 seconds is the speed of the new animation.

However maybe it stems from when that 1.2 seconds is measured. Is it measure from the beginning of the killer's swing, or at point of impact on the survivor.