WGLF BUFF

Options

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Here is my recommendation for WGLF:

We're Gonna Live Forever: Your few friends deserve the best team mate. Each time you complete a generator, pallet stun the killer, sabotage a hook near a carried survivor, rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 20 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 60/80/100 %. Whenever you unhook a survivor, reveal the killer's aura for 4 seconds.
    The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Tell you what, I'd be okay with seeing WGLF buffed if I stop seeing threads that ask for a nerf to BBQ and Chili.

Get back to me when you can accomplish that :chuffed:

I can't speak for everyone, but I promise not to ask for any BBQ nerfs if they buff WGLF =p

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

Also, WGLF is not even in the top 5 used perks for survivors. While BBQ is strong #1

Also, nice job assuming I’m the worst, and that I’m fine cause I DC to save a flashlight. I want the points to get everyone p3, including killers!

read previous comment. I didn't even assume you bring it in the first place, just pointed that survivors DC to save it, so there is no risk and items can be saved. You want to say it was about you?

Why’d you even mention it? This is about BP (that can and will be spent on killers) not some flashy stick

BP = more items/addons + perks + prestige.
    Killers need addons. Survivors don't and even save it.
    less items spent = less BP needed.
    I explained it 3 times, you can't seem to grasp it. wonders

BP is shared across both factions. Let’s give you a hypothetical. If I want p3 Dwight. But I’m fine playing either side. Which side is better to play to get points fast? Killer, or survivor? When I’m spending the points on Dwight? It’s killer. Stop assuming I play survivor to spend on survivor. I want everyone p3. And I have one p3 killer and survivor already. And billy don’t need add ons

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

Also, WGLF is not even in the top 5 used perks for survivors. While BBQ is strong #1

You'd think that would be a reason to think why survivors have 5 more broken perks than wgfl analogue that makes you grind faster ;)

It's not in top 5 because top 5 is so stupidly broken and survivors don't need to farm to be viable. They don't need items or addons and they even keep them if they survive -_-

Again, give me a single NEGATIVE effect if tokens were easier to get, and required less farming.

1) economy problems. Killer and Survivor should be in equilibrium so that it does not become reason to play either side. Both sides should have balanced point gaining way
    2) look what happened when WGLF was 200%
    3) Less insensitive to help teammate. This is what this perk is for, right?
    3 is not enough?

• Jack11803
    Options

@Sarief

NOW, would you FINALLY give me JUST ONE negative effect of making tokens easier to get!? Can you even do that?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Tell you what, I'd be okay with seeing WGLF buffed if I stop seeing threads that ask for a nerf to BBQ and Chili.

I don't want WGLF to give the survivor more power, I just want it to give the survivor more ways to earn tokens besides being limited to altruistic actions. I know, I FEEL your pain killer mains that survivors are OP but adding more ways to get stacks won't make the survivor anymore stronger. It's just that currently, if I want to farm, I'll play killer because I always get 3-4 stacks on BBQ and to be honest that is not hard. Also I'll repeat, WE. JUST. WANT. MORE. WAYS. TO. GET. TOKENS. We don't want a secondary effect to the perk.
  • Jack11803
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

You'd think that would be a reason to think why survivors have 5 more broken perks than wgfl analogue that makes you grind faster ;)

It's not in top 5 because top 5 is so stupidly broken and survivors don't need to farm to be viable. They don't need items or addons and they even keep them if they survive -_-

Again, give me a single NEGATIVE effect if tokens were easier to get, and required less farming.

1) economy problems. Killer and Survivor should be in equilibrium so that it does not become reason to play either side. Both sides should have balanced point gaining way
    3 is not enough?

1) then buff killer gains too hot damn. 2) did I say make it 200% it’d still be 100%, but it’d be consistent like BBQ is if you don’t suck. 3) It just causes farming, and you should know that. 4) three isn't enough if all three are ass

• Sarief
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

Also, nice job assuming I’m the worst, and that I’m fine cause I DC to save a flashlight. I want the points to get everyone p3, including killers!

read previous comment. I didn't even assume you bring it in the first place, just pointed that survivors DC to save it, so there is no risk and items can be saved. You want to say it was about you?

Why’d you even mention it? This is about BP (that can and will be spent on killers) not some flashy stick

BP is shared across both factions. Let’s give you a hypothetical. If I want p3 Dwight. But I’m fine playing either side. Which side is better to play to get points fast? Killer, or survivor? When I’m spending the points on Dwight? It’s killer. Stop assuming I play survivor to spend on survivor. I want everyone p3. And I have one p3 killer and survivor already. And billy don’t need add ons

I play survivor to farm. I have BBQ, but with survivor it's much faster, efficient and relaxing. your point is..?

ps: Billy uses up addons. Survivors can find item+addon in trial and retrieve it.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

I play survivor to farm. I have BBQ, but with survivor it's much faster, efficient and relaxing. your point is..?

ps: Billy uses up addons. Survivors can find item+addon in trial and retrieve it.

Survivors don’t make more, not if you’re even somewhat good with killer. I get like 26k a game with billy. Also, I don’t use items for survivor or killer, so that point falls flat on its ass. I said it earlier but you ignored me and repeated yourself like some busted up record.

• Sarief
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

1) then buff killer gains too hot damn. 2) did I say make it 200% it’d still be 100%, but it’d be consistent like BBQ is if you don’t suck. 3) It just causes farming, and you should know that. 4) three isn't enough if all three are ass

1) then economy has to be redesigned. I've seen they have position for economy designer on DBD open right now. Want to apply? :D
    2) I can get those stucks consistently, like I said, it's not hard. Want to fix bug with protection not procing when you think it should? then... sure, I'm up for it. bug begone.
    3) It causes me to take hits. Also, they're gonna change it so only safe unhooks will give stacks, so no more sandbagging.
    you asked for one, got three and still not happy. Only can say "facepalm"
    1 and 2 are objective, and 3 is design. You not liking them does not make them invalid.

• Sarief
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

I don't want WGLF to give the survivor more power, I just want it to give the survivor more ways to earn tokens besides being limited to altruistic actions. I know, I FEEL your pain killer mains that survivors are OP but adding more ways to get stacks won't make the survivor anymore stronger. It's just that currently, if I want to farm, I'll play killer because I always get 3-4 stacks on BBQ and to be honest that is not hard. Also I'll repeat, WE. JUST. WANT. MORE. WAYS. TO. GET. TOKENS. We don't want a secondary effect to the perk.

Killer has 1 way. Survivors have 4. You want... 5? 6? What is the problem here?
    You rely on killer to make "saves", without killer there is no "saving", so please don't say you want something where killer does not participate.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

1) then economy has to be redesigned. I've seen they have position for economy designer on DBD open right now. Want to apply? :D
    2) I can get those stucks consistently, like I said, it's not hard. Want to fix bug with protection not procing when you think it should? then... sure, I'm up for it. bug begone.
    3) It causes me to take hits. Also, they're gonna change it so only safe unhooks will give stacks, so no more sandbagging.
    1 and 2 are objective, and 3 is design. You not liking them does not make them invalid.

2) A negative effect of buffing WGLF isn’t that it’s already easy to get stacks, that doesn’t make sense. 3) isn’t a negative. 1) The amount of points needed to p3 everyone increases epontentially every new chapter.

• Sarief
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

Survivors don’t make more, not if you’re even somewhat good with killer. I get like 26k a game with billy. Also, I don’t use items for survivor or killer, so that point falls flat on its ass. I said it earlier but you ignored me and repeated yourself like some busted up record.

I'll repeat however many times you need, since you don't get it.
    It's easy to get tokens. There are 4 ways, at least. If you can't it's only case of git gud.
    If you don't use addons to farm on killer, it's your own choice. You being good enough to do that does not mean that it's actually easy. It's just that YOU are good that you can catch 4 different survivors once. It's objectively easier to get token as survivor than as killer. Are you arguing that or smth?
    Or are you arguing with 26k points average? It's just you who's good. If it's someone else they might not be as good. And kiler is taking whole length of the match always. If survivors take whole length of the match, they get nearly same.

• Jack11803
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

It's easy to get tokens. There are 4 ways, at least. If you can't it's only case of git gud.
    If you don't use addons to farm on killer, it's your own choice. You being good enough to do that does not mean that it's actually easy. It's just that YOU are good that you can catch 4 different survivors once. It's objectively easier to get token as survivor than as killer. Are you arguing that or smth?
    Or are you arguing with 26k points average? It's just you who's good. If it's someone else they might not be as good. And kiler is taking whole length of the match always. If survivors take whole length of the match, they get nearly same.

If its so easy why is there such a disparity in matchmaking right now? On PS4 (community I Mod is 56k people) 30k reported as playing killer! THATS INSANE! THATS UNREAL! Also, if you’re good enough to get 4 WGLF tokens, it doesn’t mean it’s normal ;)

• Sarief
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

2) A negative effect of buffing WGLF isn’t that it’s already easy to get stacks, that doesn’t make sense. 3) isn’t a negative. 1) The amount of points needed to p3 everyone increases epontentially every new chapter.

2)... then what we argue? OP asked for easier to get stacks.
    3) less incensitive to help -> is negative.
    1) lol, wrong

• Jack11803
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

1) lol, wrong

2) I’m asking you to give me reason to not buff WGLF (as its buff doesn’t hurt killers). In that case, making it easier for people IS NEVER BAD. 3) There’s plenty incentive as it is. Especially with autodidact and deliverance. Even before it was fine, as not helping can lose a game. The people who don’t help never will anyway. 1) you’re right, it’s not exponential. But it still snowballs. Every perk has 3 levels. 6 new perks are given every chapter. That’s 9 levels for every killer and survivor you’ve already gotten p3 with every former perk. Then there’s a new killer and survivor, which adds to the list of people. With each person costing (after p3 with every prevoius perk) roughly 500k to level up 9 times.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

Both sides should not be in equilibrium. We need more survivor players than killer players. This is why killer lobbies are really really bad.

Killer lobbies are bad now, they were bad before the bp event, and they were still kinda bad before the update. When I try to play the killer, I always wait.

Finding lobbies as survivor takes less than 5 secs though.

• Sarief
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

If its so easy why is there such a disparity in matchmaking right now? On PS4 (community I Mod is 56k people) 30k reported as playing killer! THATS INSANE! THATS UNREAL! Also, if you’re good enough to get 4 WGLF tokens, it doesn’t mean it’s normal ;)

Well, I'll just take this argument. I might have few arguments, such as people play both sided, not only one, but I'll just agree that people think killer is easier to get points and 4 stacks.

• Sarief
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

1) lol, wrong

2) I’m asking you to give me reason to not buff WGLF (as its buff doesn’t hurt killers). In that case, making it easier for people IS NEVER BAD. 3) There’s plenty incentive as it is. Especially with autodidact and deliverance. Even before it was fine, as not helping can lose a game. The people who don’t help never will anyway. 1) you’re right, it’s not exponential. But it still snowballs. Every perk has 3 levels. 6 new perks are given every chapter. That’s 9 levels for every killer and survivor you’ve already gotten p3 with every former perk. Then there’s a new killer and survivor, which adds to the list of people. With each person costing (after p3 with every prevoius perk) roughly 500k to level up 9 times.

2) one proposed hurts killer, second hurts economy. Making it easier for people is not bad for people. Might not be as good for game, but I'm not competent enough to answer that part ;) don't have whole info.
    3) perk design is to make incensitive, not to force. It does it's job.
    1) p3 50 takes 200 bloodwebs. Getting all perks at p3 (p3 max) increases progressively for single killer and exponentially for every killer. Getting perks you need for the build does not require getting all perks, since you can choose what perk you want from available options. Usually enough to play competitively. <--- this is not part of the current thread argument though :D

• Jack11803
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

3 is not enough?

1) lol, wrong

2) one proposed hurts killer, second hurts economy. Making it easier for people is not bad for people. Might not be as good for game, but I'm not competent enough to answer that part ;) don't have whole info.
    3) perk design is to make incensitive, not to force. It does it's job.
    1) p3 50 takes 200 bloodwebs. Getting all perks at p3 (p3 max) increases progressively for single killer and exponentially for every killer. Getting perks you need for the build does not require getting all perks, since you can choose what perk you want from available options. Usually enough to play competitively. <--- this is not part of the current thread argument though :D

Okay, at this point we broken down to literal philosophy (its based on our moral compass, not logic) so neither of us will win. Let’s just go with “it doesn’t NEED a buff, but it’d be nice, and jack personally wants it

• NMCKE
    Options
    Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

Well, I'll just take this argument. I might have few arguments, such as people play both sided, not only one, but I'll just agree that people think killer is easier to get points and 4 stacks.

It's because that IT IS easier to get stacks on BBQ. (Look at my BP btw for reference)

I always use BBQ for bonus BP but I will not use WGLF because you hardly get any tokens. Even when you do, your more likely gonna receive less BP than the killer does, I'm being 100% honest with you @Sarief!
  • Jack11803
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:

@Jack11803 said:
    Okay, at this point we broken down to literal philosophy (its based on our moral compass, not logic) so neither of us will win. Let’s just go with “it doesn’t NEED a buff, but it’d be nice, and jack personally wants it

The best argument I've heard for the stack buff this entire thread.

I’m just that awesome! /s

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Nickenzie

It should be easier for a killer to get stacks. The devs want BBQ to discourage camping.

Also, of course killers get more BP. They require add ons which go away no matter how well they do in a match. Meanwhile a survivor can load in with a purple item and keep it off they escape, or they can just find another purple item in a chest. I can’t load in as Doctor and find Restraint Class III sitting on the map somewhere.

When trying to balance these perks, too many times people fail to understand that in an asymmetrical 4v1 game like this, the 1 side SHOULD have advantages and better abilities.
  • NMCKE
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

It's because that IT IS easier to get stacks on BBQ. (Look at my BP btw for reference)

I always use BBQ for bonus BP but I will not use WGLF because you hardly get any tokens. Even when you do, your more likely gonna receive less BP than the killer does, I'm being 100% honest with you @Sarief!
    It should be easier for a killer to get stacks. The devs want BBQ to discourage camping.

Also, of course killers get more BP. They require add ons which go away no matter how well they do in a match. Meanwhile a survivor can load in with a purple item and keep it off they escape, or they can just find another purple item in a chest. I can’t load in as Doctor and find Restraint Class III sitting on the map somewhere.

When trying to balance these perks, too many times people fail to understand that in an asymmetrical 4v1 game like this, the 1 side SHOULD have advantages and better abilities.
    I understand that this is asymmetrical horror game but how how much would it hurt to give a survivor more ways to earn stacks?
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Well_Placed_HexTotem

If you actually read everything, you’d know how it’s important as you can spend money on both sides. Why is it hat if I want to level up survivors, I should play killer? If you play both sides, and the goal is leveling up; you’re argument gets thrashed

• McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Since I seen a lot of fog travelers who wanted to buff WGLF, I wanted to give my 2 cents on it and hopefully you'll agree!

WHY IS WGLF WEAK COMPARED TO BBQ?

The main reason why WGLF is weak is because the requirement to gain a stack isn't the survivors objective and it's not reliable!

On the other hand, BBQ gives you stacks for rewarding the killer for DOING THEIR OBJECTIVE instead of not going out of your way to do something risky such as let's say "Hooking a survivor in the basement to gain a stack".

So here are my two suggestions on how we can buff WGLF while being balanced:

WGLF: (More Ways to Get Stacks)
    Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, repair a generator, stun the killer with a pallet, gain 20 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 60/80/100 %.The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.

WGLF: (A Warning if The Killer is Coming)

Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %. When you perform hook rescue, after 3 seconds, receive a notification if the killer is coming to you.

The notification will warn you if the killer is coming by looking at how fast the distance between you and the killer is getting smaller! If the distance between you and the killer is getting small real fast then the notification will go off after 3 seconds but it wouldn't if the distance between you and killer gets bigger or it's inconsistent!

Thoughts, opinions? Leave your civil feedback below! :)

Seriously...5 pages of comments but on my complex idea nobody said anything.

• Jack11803
    Options

@McCree said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Since I seen a lot of fog travelers who wanted to buff WGLF, I wanted to give my 2 cents on it and hopefully you'll agree!

WHY IS WGLF WEAK COMPARED TO BBQ?

The main reason why WGLF is weak is because the requirement to gain a stack isn't the survivors objective and it's not reliable!

On the other hand, BBQ gives you stacks for rewarding the killer for DOING THEIR OBJECTIVE instead of not going out of your way to do something risky such as let's say "Hooking a survivor in the basement to gain a stack".

So here are my two suggestions on how we can buff WGLF while being balanced:

WGLF: (More Ways to Get Stacks)
    Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, repair a generator, stun the killer with a pallet, gain 20 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 60/80/100 %.The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.

WGLF: (A Warning if The Killer is Coming)

Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %. When you perform hook rescue, after 3 seconds, receive a notification if the killer is coming to you.

The notification will warn you if the killer is coming by looking at how fast the distance between you and the killer is getting smaller! If the distance between you and the killer is getting small real fast then the notification will go off after 3 seconds but it wouldn't if the distance between you and killer gets bigger or it's inconsistent!

Thoughts, opinions? Leave your civil feedback below! :)

You asked for civil feedback...

• McCree
    Options

@Peanits said:
    While I don't mean to steal your thunder, I also want to suggest a third option:

1. Remove the bloodpoint bonus from both, make that passive for everyone.
    2. Add an effect to WGLF.

That way the end result is the same (faster progression for everyone), except that way you're not forced into using a specific perk just to level up faster. BBQ and Chili is a perfectly good perk on its own, you don't need extra bloodpoints to make it more desirable. I'd rather have that be a passive increase across the whole game. That way you're free to use another perk if it doesn't fit your playstyle.

I'd rather have a bonus perk slot just for those bp perks.

• Jack11803
    Options

@McCree said:

@Peanits said:
    While I don't mean to steal your thunder, I also want to suggest a third option:

That way the end result is the same (faster progression for everyone), except that way you're not forced into using a specific perk just to level up faster. BBQ and Chili is a perfectly good perk on its own, you don't need extra bloodpoints to make it more desirable. I'd rather have that be a passive increase across the whole game. That way you're free to use another perk if it doesn't fit your playstyle.

And not permanent double BP?

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options
    @Nickenzie because that’s not the point of the perk. Might as well ask why Brutal Strength doesn’t also make you vault or pick up faster. 

WGLF is to reward survivors for playing as part of a team and making altruistic plays. Personally the only change I think they need to make is now that they have a “safe rescue” scoring event, only make a WGLF token pop when you make one, don’t reward people for farming. Of course you’d still get tokens for taking hits, untrapping, stunning.

Why do you need more ways to generate stacks? 

Flashlight save
    Pallet save
    Unhook
    Untrap
    Take a hit 

I’m probably missing some. Not only are these beneficial for the survivor team, they’re beneficial to the killer as well. One or two people trying to set up saves or take hits = less people on gens. If you can get stacks just by pallet stunning killers or doing a gen... that’s too easy. 
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Well_Placed_HexTotem

If you actually read everything, you’d know how it’s important as you can spend money on both sides. Why is it hat if I want to level up survivors, I should play killer? If you play both sides, and the goal is leveling up; you’re argument gets thrashed

You need less BP to play the game optimally as a survivor. You can’t “thrash” that argument, because it’s simply a fact of life. 

Its also common sense that a killer will score more, they are constantly doing things that increase their score and they have four people to do them to as well while survivors have one.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@McCree said:

You asked for civil feedback...

I believe the Hello Kitty forums are that way if you want civil feedback >

Sorry I just had to, but in all honesty you can get it here it just isn't always easy.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Well_Placed_HexTotem

You need less BP to play the game optimally as a survivor. You can’t “thrash” that argument, because it’s simply a fact of life. 

Its also common sense that a killer will score more, they are constantly doing things that increase their score and they have four people to do them to as well while survivors have one.

And I’m saying they should change that. WGLF needs more ways to gain tokens. They should also add more score events for survival, as surviving doesn’t even fill it

• UncannyLuck
    UncannyLuck Member Posts: 210
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    And I’m saying they should change that. WGLF needs more ways to gain tokens. They should also add more score events for survival, as surviving doesn’t even fill it

What even awards survival now? Self heal, struggling off the shoulder (does decisive count? never unlocked it), and escaping right?

• NMCKE
    Options
    @Nickenzie because that’s not the point of the perk. Might as well ask why Brutal Strength doesn’t also make you vault or pick up faster. 

WGLF is to reward survivors for playing as part of a team and making altruistic plays. Personally the only change I think they need to make is now that they have a “safe rescue” scoring event, only make a WGLF token pop when you make one, don’t reward people for farming. Of course you’d still get tokens for taking hits, untrapping, stunning.

Why do you need more ways to generate stacks? 

Flashlight save
    Pallet save
    Unhook
    Untrap
    Take a hit 

I’m probably missing some. Not only are these beneficial for the survivor team, they’re beneficial to the killer as well. One or two people trying to set up saves or take hits = less people on gens. If you can get stacks just by pallet stunning killers or doing a gen... that’s too easy. 
    They can rename the perk to something called "The Best Survivor" and add my (More Ways to Get Stacks) Rework. It's just that not every survivor is altruistic and it sucks that you can't earn tokens any other way besides that. Imagine only getting stacks with BBQ when you hook a survivor in the basement, that's how hard it is to get stacks with WGLF because everyone has a different play style. Do you like to play a play style that you don't like? That's why I don't like WGLF and would farm with BBQ. Hopefully you'll understand @Well_Placed_HexTotem :)
  • Jack11803
    Options

@UncannyLuck said:

@Jack11803 said:

What even awards survival now? Self heal, struggling off the shoulder (does decisive count? never unlocked it), and escaping right?

Yup. And all 3 only happen regularly with a perk. Yeah. Survivors TOTALLY get more points... sheesh

• Jack11803
    Options

@Sarief

So tell me, how come when survivors are afk, killer can still prosper, but not the other way around? How’s is that fair?

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

So tell me, how come when survivors are afk, killer can still prosper, but not the other way around? How’s is that fair?

I cant tell if those awesome are ironic or not...

• NMCKE
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Sarief

I always give people "Awesomes" for being civil and explaining why something needs to be buffed/nerfed/reworked lol.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief

I always give people "Awesomes" for being civil and explaining why something needs to be buffed/nerfed/reworked lol.

Oh. Awesome

• NMCKE
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief

Oh. Awesome

I really do feel like WGLF should give you tokens on doing generators, destroying hex totems, opening the exit gates, stunning the killer, safe unhooking, and getting hit by the killer when he is carrying a survivor.
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Peanits said:

+1
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Nickenzie said:

Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Sarief

Oh. Awesome

I really do feel like WGLF should give you tokens on doing generators, destroying hex totems, opening the exit gates, stunning the killer, safe unhooking, and getting hit by the killer when he is carrying a survivor.

Yeah. Should be possible for all 4 people to get 4 stacks when killer is afk. It’s possible for killer when survivors are afk.

• McCree
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@McCree said:

@Peanits said:

And not permanent double BP?

That's exactly what I said. But I'd still have it be a perk.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

@HP150 said:
    BBQ has a secondary component because if it were strictly used for BP gain then no killer in his right mind would remove 1/4th of his perks for it while trying to rank up (we are, in theory, supposed to be trying to rank up, right?).

If someone takes WGLF then that's only 1/16th of the survivor team's perks.

While I agree the tokens should be more easily obtainable (the current requirements assume that a killer is doing well enough that there are plenty of unhooks to go around), a secondary effect is unnecessary. Perhaps make consistently hitting great skillchecks be a trigger for a token? Or repairing the equivalent of a full generator?

Yeah, it needs a buff. Tokens need to definitly be easier. Or simply require less

Agreed, WGLF needs more ways to earn stacks besides be limited to being altruistic!
    Wanna know what will happen if WGLF awards stacks for gen repair or pallet stuns?
    People will continue to do their gens while you struggle at the hook. Why should a survivor risk his life for a stack, if he could just get it safely by doing gens?
    People are pretty selfish. Your change would result in more 1 hook deaths. 
  • NMCKE
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

@HP150 said:
    BBQ has a secondary component because if it were strictly used for BP gain then no killer in his right mind would remove 1/4th of his perks for it while trying to rank up (we are, in theory, supposed to be trying to rank up, right?).

While I agree the tokens should be more easily obtainable (the current requirements assume that a killer is doing well enough that there are plenty of unhooks to go around), a secondary effect is unnecessary. Perhaps make consistently hitting great skillchecks be a trigger for a token? Or repairing the equivalent of a full generator?

Yeah, it needs a buff. Tokens need to definitly be easier. Or simply require less

Agreed, WGLF needs more ways to earn stacks besides be limited to being altruistic!
    Wanna know what will happen if WGLF awards stacks for gen repair or pallet stuns?
    People will continue to do their gens while you struggle at the hook. Why should a survivor risk his life for a stack, if he could just get it safely by doing gens?
    @Tsulan
    If a survivor let's you die on the hook then it's gonna come back later to bite them. With less survivors, it will be harder to do generators since you're more likely to be found repairing a generator. If there was more survivors then you could easily repair a generator since the odds are that the killer would find another survivor to chase while patrolling buying you time to complete a generator and earn your stack.

Additionally, you'll still get stacks for unhooking so unhooking someone will always be priority if you want to get stacks. My change just makes the perk fit your play style more if you don't like to be altruistic.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:

Jack11803 said:

@HP150 said:

That’ll make people commit more. Besides, at least it’d punish the ######### out of camping

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

@HP150 said:

@Tsulan
    If a survivor let's you die on the hook then it's gonna come back later to bite them. With less survivors, it will be harder to do generators since you're more likely to be found repairing a generator. If there was more survivors then you could easily repair a generator since the odds are that the killer would find another survivor to chase while patrolling buying you time to complete a generator and earn your stack.

Additionally, you'll still get stacks for unhooking so unhooking someone will always be priority if you want to get stacks. My change just makes the perk fit your play style more if you don't like to be altruistic.
    But gens are more important. Survivors will just gen rush and get stacks for it while you die on the first hook.
    2 minutes is more than enough to finish 3 gens.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Nickenzie said:

Tsulan said:

Nickenzie said:

Jack11803 said:

@HP150 said:

@Tsulan

But gens are more important. Survivors will just gen rush and get stacks for it while you die on the first hook.
    2 minutes is more than enough to finish 3 gens.

If they can unhook faster than they can complete that gen, they’ll do it. It’ll only go down like what you said if it’s hard to unhook them, IE: killer is patrolling. In that case; good, let that killer get screwed six ways to sunday