I know everyone's tired of hearing it...

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

... and God knows I'm tired of saying it, but the developers need to seriously focus on getting the new MMR out the door and put any sort of new characters or reworks on the back burner.

When you look at the ranks, I don't think it's hard to see why these players disconnected. Me, nor that rank 2 should ever have been matched with these newer players.

Comments

• SweetTerror

They just keeps saying that it's coming and that they're doing more testing. But when you get matches like the one I just had, all it's doing is preventing new players from enjoying the game.

The recent survey they just put out asked if you would recommend dead by daylight to other players, and with results like this I can't say that I would.

• SweetTerror

Wow that is horrible! I play on PS4 and I'm a red rank survivor that constantly is getting matched against yellow and white killers. In one match I went up against a level 17 plague, and me and everyone else were all red and purple rank survivors. The killer had such a lousy time that they went ahead and opened the exit just so that they could get the match over with!

• Macymj6
    Macymj6 Member Posts: 93

Yeah, they have been saying it's been coming for so long now. Like when? At this point I don't think its ever gonna come to be honest.

And me either. And that's kind of disappointing. I expect better from a game with hundreds of devs and a decent playerbase.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Completely agree.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ok, wow. I thought this was going to be another Hillbilly thread.

Ironically enough though, I've had better matches with rainbow matchmaking. Especially playing as killer. I don't know what it is.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185

That's because no one plays that game on console so they match people up with whoever is playing to get games faster. That's why I switched to PC instead.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
    edited July 2020

I haven't played much dbd lately, I'm just not having fun with it anymore. I get matched with baby killers and fake red ranks (baby survivors of all ranks rlly) and its like so boring and annoying anymore. I need to play with players that match my skill level or are just better than me. I want to fear the killers and have an actual challenge, but also have confidence in my teammates. I don't care if I escape or not, I just want to have fun. The matchmaking is really killing this game for me.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,118

i have played quite a bit in the past few weeks and it is horrendous. I'm usually around rank 7-9 and constantly getting red ranks typically 1-3 every game. It doesn't bother me a whole ton because they're somewhat easy to deal with unless i get the ones who flawlessly loop which is very frustrating.

• SweetTerror

Either I'm going up against all new survivors or very experienced red rank survivors. Either it's a walk in the park or I'm getting wrecked. Sadly there's no in-between.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I've not had it to that extreme. Worst one I've had was two reds, a purple and a yellow as a green ranked killer.

Slaughtered them all.

• SweetTerror

Yeah I'm a casual player of dead by daylight, and I don't ever expect to be a "red rank killer". I've certainly gotten better at the game, but I don't have any aspirations in wanting to be an expert at this game.

Despite how much I enjoy DBD, the matchmaking just ruins it for me. Tonight I played a match where I went up against a rank 1, a rank 2, a rank 3, and a rank 5. I'm a rank 10 killer! I did okay holding my own, but they destroyed me in the end.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

BHVR does take the term "taste the rainbow" a bit too seriously

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    edited July 2020

What’s sad is playing this game solo survivor thinking you will ever win. It’s not balanced at all. Even swf get smacked and I main plague 🤣 it’s too ez to be a killer when they shrink map sizes and buff killers in every update because bad players load the forums up with “devs fix your game” posts that go on to say that survivors are OP. They’re not.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

Flawlessly loop? And you’re mad at them for not wanting to die? 🤣 why shouldn’t that be an option in this game permitted someone were good at it? Privileged killers demand ez downs. Sheesh.

• SweetTerror

I don't believe that's what they were implying. They were simply pointing out the discrepancies between the ranks. People who can loop really well have clearly spent a lot of time with this game, and know the layout of the maps really well. As such it's unfair to expect newer players to compete against far more experienced players, which sadly happens far too often.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

And make sure you get paired by highest rank, please. Too many SWF's do this.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

It's pretty bad on PC too. If you're not getting rainbow ranks you are one lucky mf-er.

• Rescultir
    edited July 2020

Oh... Noted. Lol only rainbow ranks I see if SWF players.

• Rescultir

Oh... Noted, lol

The only time I get rainbow ranks is when I have SWF people in my survivor/killer lobby but that's about it.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah I see this a lot, sometimes the low rank has better perks than the ranks 1's. The only counter is to make sure the matching is always pairing the highest rank survivor with the highest rank killer.

I'm sure its not always intentional but when it is, its about the scummiest thing in game.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,118

I'm not saying i deserve easy downs i'm saying its frustrating having to deal with people cutting exact corners on every loop making it near impossible to hit. Also 90% of the time when i get someone who is super good at looping they tend to act toxic with it t-bagging after dropping a pallet or after vaulting a wall.

• SweetTerror

Ouch! Yeah a high rank SWF will utterly destroy a casual and/or newer player. I went up against one last night, and the rank 1 had OoO, and not only could he loop really well and knew where all the pallets were, but he kept feeding his teammates information of where I was. It was a miserable experience for sure.

• SweetTerror

I know what you mean. I keep wanting to get better with Pyramid Head, but I keep getting matched with people far more experienced than myself, which prevents me from being able to practice with him. I don't have a big friends list of people to pull from in order to get custom matches up and running either. If only custom matches could have bots...

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

This is really off topic but it's actually really great to just see you pop up ever now and then, like I remember when I first saw your name with about 10 posts saying you were new to the game and now you're on 600 and a rank 10. Like I'd why but seeing someone's progression is really nice. Congrats mate

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

I play on PS4 in Australia in the after midnight hours and towards the end of my "oh ######### I've stayed up too late playing this again" session it seems like in whatever other timezone it's time for all the red and purple rank SWFs to come out. I only re-downloaded DbD a few weeks ago so only rank 13 killer and trying to have "one last good game" when you're against high ranked SWFs coordinating, splitting focus, multi torch blinding and tripple body blocking when you try and hook just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Some of these guys have some RainMan level memory of pallet locations and looping spots.

And how are you not being a toxic douche if you're a rank 1 and it's obvious you and your pals on mics have ganged on and outplayed the killer but you still gotta 99 the gate, then run the killer about and time it so you hit the gate and out with a quick teabag when the killer tries one last attempt at a chase? "Ha ha, one last humiliation just to rub it in your face that me and the other 3 are red ranks!"

Unless there's multiple cakes involved you're only losing maybe 20k bp so why no just disconnect since you're gonna lose a pip anyway?

• SweetTerror

I try and avoid playing late at night since that's when I too experience less than favorable matchmaking. I try not to let the toxicity get to me since most matches don't have that, but I agree it can be really deflating when you come across it. Regardless if you're a survivor or the killer, you can clearly tell when you're playing with less than experienced players, and the last thing you want to do is to be a dick and turn them off from playing the game altogether.

And as much as I would love to just disconnect from a lousy game, I don't want the game to punish me because the game is either unfairly balanced, or worse, glitched. I experienced a pretty bad glitch with Pyramid Head in one match where his trails of torment speed got locked into his normal movement speed. Because of this I was unable to catch up to any survivor. I wanted nothing more than to drop out of the game, but I didn't want to be penalized for the game's own failures.

• pseudechis

Yeah I understand this entirely. Although there has been no DC penalty lately. I'm not advocating DC'ing but I'm not gonna lie I have dropped out of one or two games the last few days and every time its been a 1,1,1,15 set up. All with meta perks.

It's not about winning, sometimes you just don't want to sweat you butt off for even one kill especially when on the first pick up you are body blocked all the way to the hook or someone is noise notification spamming on the other side of the map. These are the kind of games that make me think I probably wouldn't choose to game with someone like them for any other reason, so why would I do so now? I choose not to.

The end game chat is usualy really abusive when I have done this and while I get that people get pissed of for wasted time, the level of abuse only confirms to me that I made the right choice. This game is fun win or lose but sometimes you gotta say I'd rather play with somebody else and requeue.

• SweetTerror

Disconnecting is a pretty lousy move, but I can't hold it against anyone who is clearly being mismatched. Ultimately I stick it out only because I figured some blood points are better than no bloodpoints, especially when I'm using a cake. But if this keeps up, then I may just say "screw it" and start disconnecting, or stop playing the game altogether. No doubt many new players already have.

• pseudechis

Yeah same here, I usually stick it out for the bp especially with the cakes, from other peoples BP bonuses you can still walk away with 50-90k even after a completely abysmal match. But when its the third or fourth quite obvious mismatch in a row sometimes I just think ah screw it.

I feel the smurfing teams have been worse during the event I rarely saw it prior to the cakes.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Thanks. I'm a rank 1-3 (slides around) survivor with about 480 hours, only 80 of those are on killer. 😅

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

They won't get it out any time soon because they're bad at their jobs. Just look at how bad the servers are, I doubt when they release this MMR system it will even work. At the very minimum it will have huge exploits that people will surely take advantage of (like swfs partying with 1 low rank guy for example).