Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How can people say that this game is survivor sided?

Sunri
Sunri Member Posts: 100

I can't understand why killer main's complain about state of the game its so easy to get 3/4 kills there are people with insane win streak's on killer's like 100+ ######### wins in a row show one streamer or anyone that escaped 100 times without dying once its impossible solo q survivor is much harder than playing killer and Billi nerf made him A tier killer instead of S tier I don't think those people that cry all over reddit/forum played ptb i hope the devs won't get pressured and the nerf goes live.

Comments

• Sunri

it's impossible to play "perfect" when you have 4 different people one bad player can lose the game for entire team its much easier for the killer to play perfect when he doesn't need tor rely on random people to win.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

On contrary, I've had days when playing solo survivor where I've won and escaped every single game even against good strong killers. But then again I've had days where I've been absolutely stomped without ever getting a win once, the same goes for when I play killer.

I find if everyone, survivors and killer, are playing to their absolute best then survivors are alot more likely to win than the killer. High mobility killers have more of a chance than the rest but it can still be a massive struggle against survivors who are focusing on their objective rather than just running around.

The rng of the game, mainly of the maps also plays a huge factor, are there loads of strong loops or just big dead zones? Is the map good for the killer being used or screws them over?

It sounds like that you've maybe just had a bad run of survivor games

• Sunri

Then why some people like Hexy didn't lost in months when he plays both against normal teams and swf daily explain please

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I watch hexy, he will literally hard camp people to win if things arent going his way, he did it yesterday I believe LOL. Which is exactly the "ermmm tactic" mentioned in the post you quoted.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

This is why I find killer less stressful. I sweat so hard as solo Just for some clown to run around taunting the killer with a flashlight and going down, or someone who takes a hit....then runs into the basement for a save anyway easily giving the killer 2 basement hooks.

I have a much better winrate as killer than solo survivor. The days of playing solo and getting a good team are long gone.

• Sunri

So you agreed if the killer plays well and want's to win he will achieve 100% winrate you can't do that with survivor no matter how hard you try or how well you play.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

I did not say that at all. If anything I agreed that sometimes a killer will camp to get a win, that is true. A killer can "want to win" and "play well" and still lose, survivors ALWAYS have hatch. You can literally do nothing, hide in a locker all game and still escape.

• Sunri

Its not just about randoms in solo q i feel like no matter how hard i try if the killer decide that he wan'ts me out of the game or just camp one person early in the game it's super hard to recover and win with 3 people

• Sunri

So the only thing that you can do as survivor when you are facing good killer is to hope that he won't play hardcore and dirty? that he take pity and let you escape? wow thats great

• Sunri

Killer win's when he get's 3/4 kills surv win's when he escapes that's my concept of winning in this game there is no other goal to achieve as survivor other than escape

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279

No, survivor win is escaping. Easy pip for survivor should be changed. A balanced game should be 2 kill 2 escape.

Hopefully matchmaking system rework will fix this.

• Sunri

When I read some threads or post on this forum i feel like i'm playing different game lol

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Arnt the depip squad all extremly good survivors?

Why should we balance around a 4man swf that are all really good at the game?

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

You left out very important facts, such as they do it without any perks.

They illustrate without a doubt the game is survivor sided, period. Imagine them with 16 perks.

• Sunri

I dunno what you are trying to prove i'm not the greatest killer i lost to swf multiple times but my point is if you are great killer you will win 100% no ma matter if u play against swf or normal solo q and i gave example of a player that achieved that.

• Sunri

Afk game's don't matter and killer's that are afk should be reported and banned.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

Killers say it's survivor sided and since they flood the forums every single day, that's what you see the most.

Survivors say the game is killer sided, but they are way less vocal on the forums.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Theres a dude on twitter that was up to 300 escapes in a row last time i checked. Ever heard of the depip squad?

Its simple math, if survivors decide to split up and do gens theres very little the killer can do to stop it. Getting 3 to 4k most games is a result of a terrible ranking system coupled with bad matchmaking. Its fine for now but i suspect when they implement skill based matchmaking, assuming it works correctly, this game is going to get fuckung rough for killers

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Quite frankly:

Winning streaks mean nothing because most survivors are bad at the game no matter how you put it. The game is definitely SLIGHTLY survivor sided based on the highest potential on both sides. If all 4 survivors are DECENT at chases, run meta builds AND repair gens at all times even while injured you WILL lose as a killer. Simple as.

However since most people are really bad at chases, scared, self care in a corner even with sloppy butcher and Urban Evade around the map even on red ranks it is fairly easy to win as killer most of the time.

I 4k most of my matches myself on red ranks but more often than not I notice that I didn't chase specific survivors a lot throughout the match which means THEY DIDN'T REPAIR GENS EFFECTIVELY so most 4ks mean nothing.

Play some games on red ranks and ask yourself "what is EVERY survivor ABLE to do right now individually" and you will often notice some of them DID have enough time to pump out gens for several minutes (total)

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Thats wrong and any killer will admit they will likely lose to depip squads. Even those who advertise with "unbeatable" win streaks lose in tournaments with 1 kill. Its the nature of the game and once you've played them enough you know your chances are slim, depending how much they ######### up.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

This is just flat wrong. Not even ohtz or tru3 3 to 4k every single game

• Sunri

Yes the killer won (If he gets other players) and quitters are one of the biggest downsides when playing solo q there is almost no chance of winning (escaping) when one of your teamnates kill's himself on the first hook.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

0k, 1k = loss

2k = tie

3k, 4k = win

If you survive, that's a personal victory, but not a team victory. If you die but everyone else survives, it's visa-versa.

Pretty simple IMO, the strategies involved are irrelevant.

The game however has the ranking system, so i guess black pip = tie, red pip = win, and double pip = crushing victory. This means though that both sides can "win" according to the ranking system, although it certainly doesn't feel like that in-game.

• Sunri

I just wanted see some unbiased opinions when i read all those whining post i feel like solo q surv's should have 90% winrate after all every game after first chase there should be 3 gens done and it's just unrealistic scenarios that they have in their head.

• Sunri

Link proof his Twitch channel/youtube where I can watch his matches.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

The point there is they expose the underlying mechanics and how they are survivor sided. The only killer that can win almost every game with no perks is nurse. Survivors are just skins so anybody can do what they do.

The game is about time management at its core. If a survivor runs from one pallet to the next dropping them early and moving to the next and the other 3 are doing gens the killer HAS to break chase because it takes longer to break all the pallets than it does to do gens, especially when you add in a couple window tiles played properly. With all this in mind a fair game would have slightly less pallets than how how long it takes for 3 survivors to do 5 gens.

• Sunri

Otz is not tryhardind and most of the time hes playing meme build's for his youtube videos so thats really bad example lol

• Sunri

Thats why its harder to play survivor you need to rely on your team and sometimes they just bad you will never get perfect team on solo q.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2020

People claim that this game is survivor sided because survivor is inherently easier. You only have to do 1/4 of the work. And you can ways rush generators. And in fact, the game is literally designed around the assumption that survivors WONT work together, which is why SWF is so strong and the rank system allows complete idiot's to reach all ranks.

Bad players rank up easily and never have to learn about teamwork, thereby work terribly with their team, allowing high-rank killers the benefit of a team that doesn't actually work together, which causes them to pip up (or at least black pip) and go against yet another team that actually DOES work together (whether SWF or actually decent solo's) and they essentially ######### all over the killer, who then blackpips/depips, and said killer them goes onto their next game that features 1 or more morons and the whole vicious cycle continues.

Seriously, it's kinda sad that the power of SWF comes not from perk synergy, but the simple advantage of verbal communication in team co-ordination. If this game was actually balanced, good solo que players that have solid teamwork wouldn't get accused of being in a party. Because the game wouldn't assume you have 1 complete moron. Which is the reason solo players are disadvantaged, because I have absolutely felt the supreme joy that is playing with a full solo team that co-ordinates and works well together. It's the DBD equivalent of winning $5 from a roadside scratchy.

Also, there are plenty of streamers with "100+ escapes in a row" type BS videos that propigate the entitled mentality. More, in fact, than the number of "100+ kills in a row" videos, judging by a couple of quick YT searches. Both of which are disgusting formats.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I wouldn't say it's "harder" because your own skill really doesn't matter as a solo survivor since you will ALWAYS die if your teammates do nothing even if you are a god survivor. A better way to describe it is solo q is "luck based gameplay".

If you play well as a solo survivor you can easily get your pip pretty much everytime but escaping is out of your control due to teammates that can either be total beasts or complete potatoes.

Unfortunately solo q teammates are mostly potatoes since the rank reset system makes it near impossible NOT to hit red ranks over time. Also it's just way too easy to pip and rank up.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Funny that people use words like "do" (instead of "did") or stuff like that when talking about the "Depip Squad". This experiment is over 2 years old.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

Keep telling yourself that, Marth has been doing it again. I have watched his new squad play for hours upon hours recently. Exact same outcome, same gameplay. Nothing has changed

https://twitter.com/MarthGaming/status/1092607865720688640

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

And I watched him do depip squad within the last month, so your "2 years old" stuff is not accurate. You must not watch Marth, if you did youd know he does depip squad still. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/645435619?filter=archives&sort=time

• Aven_Fallen

I clicked through the video and he was using Meta-Builds. Eh. I dont really get your point. First you claim that the Depip-Squad Experiment is recent, then you want to show me recent footage (showing a February 2019-Tweet) and then you send me a video where he is using Meta Perks.

Let alone that it would be horrible for the game if it would be balanced around skilled players like Marth. I mean, we can totally balance the Survivor gameplay around Marth, if we balance the Killer gameplay around him as well. Then we would have the majority of people at Rank 5, at best.

(Thats the funny thing - it should alway be balanced around the best Survivors, but balanced around Rank 10 Killers is great)

• Sunri

Balacing the game around 1% of the playerbase is just a bad idea look at Nurse she was balances around that 1% and almost nobody is playing her she is one of the worst killer's for the most of the player's do you really think balancing around minority is good idea? And the idea that survivor gameplay is easier than killer is just wrong 90% of the survivor can't loop killer for more than one minute yes they can afk on gen but the true surv individual skill shines during chases.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

Your claim: depip squad is 2 years old and no longer relevant

Me: showed you proof of him restarting Depip Squad in 2019, showed you a video of when he began practicing with squad again within last month, and he has been practicing again with the Depip Squad over the past month.

just admit you were proven wrong dude, its obvious

• Aven_Fallen

Whatever floats your boat. For me, you just showed me some random stuff.

This discussion has been closed.